PINE64

Full Version: RockPro64 so problematic! Boot issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings all.

I love SBCs and have more than two dozen of the more popular boards. Raspberry Pi? Never a problem until the RPi 4 came out but finally got past that. Some Odroids (the XU-4) can be a pain if power supply and cable aren't absolutely perfect. LePotato worked flawlessly since day 1, as have my OrangePi, Cubie2 and Pine 64.

Enter the RockPro64. I've regretted buying it. Ran once, surprisingly after such a looong boot. Ran for a while. Then I tried an Ubuntu SD and haven't been able to boot up since. Red led, green led, sometime a white one, sometimes not, such a headache. Emmc/SD/SPI interaction confusion. Very surprising and disappointing coming from Pine!

It is clear to me the product was not ready for release at the time I bought mine (early on). I am tempted to buy a new fresh one but for $60+? Not nowadays...

Haven't had such a lousy experience since buying and fighting with my two Parallella boards! Over $200.
(06-03-2020, 06:41 AM)PorterDon Wrote: [ -> ]Greetings all.

Welcome
(06-03-2020, 06:41 AM)PorterDon Wrote: [ -> ]...
It is clear to me the product was not ready for release at the time I bought mine (early on).

I bought mine on the day it was released and have been delighted with it, see my signature.

Sorry to hear your experience was different.