PINE64
Pinebook Pro - Store Parts - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: Pinebook Pro (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+--- Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Pinebook Pro - Store Parts (/showthread.php?tid=8597)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Pinebook Pro - Store Parts - bcnaz - 12-31-2019

Post #2 of this thread (December, 22, 2019)

@tllim stated :
"On late January, after Pinebook Pro ANSI batch deliver. "

In the conversation, I asked if the ANSI keyboards were going to be available in late December, as I had heard a while back.
That was his response.

RE: Pinebook Pro - Store Parts - bcnaz - 04-17-2020

(12-20-2019, 12:41 PM)bcnaz Wrote:  When will the Pine64 Store have the Pinebook Pro replacement ANSI keyboards available  ?

(I believe it was mentioned previously,   they could become available in December,
        and  it is about 2/3 of the way through December now)

Hello :

>  I want to purchase a ANSI keyboard to convert my ISO Pinebook Pro.

When will I be able to purchase this  ?

and,
   Will this require more parts than just purchasing the keyboard, my understanding is that the keyboards will come with the complete 'palmrest' 
   >  BUT I would like to know before ordering,   if more parts will be needed ?

I DO check the Pine Store occasionally,
 >  but as of today April, 17, 2020 I do not see any Pinebook Pro parts being offered in the Pine store.

**  I figure it is better to ask here on the forum, so one answer can be seen by many viewers.
    Rather than an email, where only I would see the answer.

I Thank You Pine64 !

RE: Pinebook Pro - Store Parts - tllim - 04-19-2020

(04-17-2020, 10:22 PM)bcnaz Wrote:
(12-20-2019, 12:41 PM)bcnaz Wrote:  When will the Pine64 Store have the Pinebook Pro replacement ANSI keyboards available  ?

(I believe it was mentioned previously,   they could become available in December,

Hello :

and,
   Will this require more parts than just purchasing the keyboard, my understanding is that the keyboards will come with the complete 'palmrest' 

>  but as of today April, 17, 2020 I do not see any Pinebook Pro parts being offered in the Pine store.

**  I figure it is better to ask here on the forum, so one answer can be seen by many viewers.

I Thank You Pine64 !

Will posted up on this week.

RE: Pinebook Pro - Store Parts - bcnaz - 04-20-2020

Great to hear,
Thank you very much

RE: Pinebook Pro - Store Parts - TDC_PBP - 04-25-2020

(04-19-2020, 11:58 PM)tllim Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 10:22 PM)bcnaz Wrote:

Hello :

and,

I Thank You Pine64 !

Will posted up on this week.
I don't see them yet, and today is Saturday here...Also, I am assuming that the replacement parts also replace the metal band that wraps around the ports (usb, headphone, etc.)?

RE: Pinebook Pro - Store Parts - dgkPBP - 06-09-2020

I ordered an ANSI keyboard for my Pinebook Pro/ISO about two weeks ago. It arrived today!

I naively assumed it would come with some type of instructions on how to do the replacement. No such luck.

Does anyone have procedures on how to do the replacement?

Thanks.

RE: Pinebook Pro - Store Parts - bcnaz - 06-09-2020

*  I also plan on swapping my first ISO  PBP to an ANSI keyboard,
            I would appreciate some clues on the ribbon cable connectors ?

I think the rest should not be too complicated.

RE: Pinebook Pro - Store Parts - TDC_PBP - 06-10-2020

(06-09-2020, 02:35 PM)dgkPBP Wrote: I ordered an ANSI keyboard for my Pinebook Pro/ISO about two weeks ago. It arrived today!

I naively assumed it would come with some type of instructions on how to do the replacement. No such luck.

Thanks.
I would like to know that too! I have ordered a replacement as well, and unless somebody else posts a howto, I am planning on taking a video of me taking it apart, then playing it back in reverse and hoping for the best  Smile .

RE: Pinebook Pro - Store Parts - dgkPBP - 06-11-2020

(06-10-2020, 10:29 AM)TDC_PBP Wrote:
(06-09-2020, 02:35 PM)dgkPBP Wrote: I ordered an ANSI keyboard for my Pinebook Pro/ISO about two weeks ago. It arrived today!

Thanks.
I would like to know that too! I have ordered a replacement as well, and unless somebody else posts a howto, I am planning on taking a video of me taking it apart, then playing it back in reverse and hoping for the best  Smile .

I'm looking forward to it! If I get some time and some nerve, I may give it a try.

RE: Pinebook Pro - Store Parts - dgkPBP - 06-16-2020

(06-11-2020, 08:52 AM)dgkPBP Wrote:
(06-10-2020, 10:29 AM)TDC_PBP Wrote:

Thanks.

I'm looking forward to it! If I get some time and some nerve, I may give it a try.

I sent a note to support asking for documentation. They sent a PDF with pictures on how to do the replacement. I've attached the document.