PINE64
Can't find pinephone pro camera in terminal - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PinePhone Pro (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=177)
+--- Forum: PinePhone Pro Hardware (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=180)
+--- Thread: Can't find pinephone pro camera in terminal (/showthread.php?tid=16405)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Can't find pinephone pro camera in terminal - magdesign - 06-14-2022

(06-06-2022, 05:24 AM)TheRealThor Wrote: magdesign how are you,
How have you been going with the camera, I only just had the chance to git clone the software it and now I need to update the kernel and am quires to hear your thoughts

I could not figured it out how to enable it, but I am sure there will be someone telling us...

RE: Can't find pinephone pro camera in terminal - modx - 06-15-2022

Hey,
Just thought I'd throw out my findings. First I also have the "Failed to open entity imx258" error, it seems to be linked to finding the world camera.
I have had some success with the selfie camera(I changed the name of the app to ppp-cam) using

./ppp-cam -s selfie --exposure 15 --again 5 --dgain 5 -o ./pic.jpg -f jpg

It takes a jpg and places it in the same directory. without the gain and exposure set the pic comes out to dark to see. The pic does have a green hue to it. I have not had any luck with the --gui switch.

I'll post any more progress I come up with.

modx

RE: Can't find pinephone pro camera in terminal - wongkt - 06-27-2022

(06-15-2022, 08:35 PM)modx Wrote: Hey,
Just thought I'd throw out my findings. First I also have the "Failed to open entity imx258" error, it seems to be linked to finding the world camera.
I have had some success with the selfie camera(I changed the name of the app to ppp-cam) using

./ppp-cam -s selfie --exposure 15 --again 5 --dgain 5 -o ./pic.jpg -f jpg

It takes a jpg and places it in the same directory. without the gain and exposure set the pic comes out to dark to see. The pic does have a green hue to it. I have not had any luck with the --gui switch.

I'll post any more progress I come up with.

modx

same;
selfie working with high gain settings.

noticed when trying the --mode switch, it only had two; so program thinks the selfie is somehow the world camera?

just using the dev manjaro plasma image, have not tried building latest kernel.

RE: Can't find pinephone pro camera in terminal - megous - 06-27-2022

The world camera error is caused by missing kernel config options. Maybe one of these:

CONFIG_VIDEO_DW9714 CONFIG_V4L2_FLASH_LED_CLASS CONFIG_LEDS_SGM3140 CONFIG_LEDS_CLASS_FLASH

RE: Can't find pinephone pro camera in terminal - magdesign - 07-04-2022

yes,
manjaro arm-unstable finally ships with megis latest kernel 5.18.9

Just took my first picture with the PinephonePro camera :-)

@megous : Thanks for your great work and efforts!!

RE: Can't find pinephone pro camera in terminal - arno_nuehm - 07-25-2022

Hello there,

has anyone managed to get the camera going on Mobian? This is the last step before daily driver usage for me...

Thanks!