PINE64
auto-brightness problem phone screen going to completely dim - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Forum: PinePhone Software (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=121)
+---- Forum: Arch Linux on PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=159)
+---- Thread: auto-brightness problem phone screen going to completely dim (/showthread.php?tid=13481)

auto-brightness problem phone screen going to completely dim - DonF22 - 03-23-2021

Hi, I've applied all recent updates but my Pine Phone KDE Plasma (community edition) keeps automatically going auto-brightness to completely dim. 
Is anybody else having this problem and what is the solution?  
Settings Slider keeps scooting to the left and the phone screen goes completely dark. 
thanks 
Don

RE: auto-brightness problem phone screen going to completely dim - dukla2000 - 03-24-2021

(03-23-2021, 09:53 PM)DonF22 Wrote: Hi, I've applied all recent updates but my Pine Phone KDE Plasma (community edition) keeps automatically going auto-brightness to completely dim. 
Settings Slider keeps scooting to the left and the phone screen goes completely dark. 
thanks 
Don
Yup, seems to me a phosh feature. Only option at present us to do brightness manually.

RE: auto-brightness problem phone screen going to completely dim - acrux - 03-24-2021

(03-23-2021, 09:53 PM)DonF22 Wrote: Hi, I've applied all recent updates but my Pine Phone KDE Plasma (community edition) keeps automatically going auto-brightness to completely dim. 

Did you try to adjust display timeout setting using Settings -> Screen?
I did and got the same situation as you did.
I solved that to manually editing the file /.config/powermanagementprofilesrc
It seems that the Screen settings app inserted there [BrightnessControl] value 0.5, which is not 50 % but 0.5 in a scale of hundred or 0.5% Big Grin. Also needed to edit the screen timeout values to reasonable ones.

RE: auto-brightness problem phone screen going to completely dim - DonF22 - 03-29-2021

Editing the file worked, I figured out nano.
I didn't see the screen timeout values tho, what are they called?  
Thanks very much

It seems that the Screen settings app inserted there [BrightnessControl] value 0.5, which is not 50 % but 0.5 in a scale of hundred or 0.5% Big Grin. Also needed to edit the screen timeout values to reasonable ones.

RE: auto-brightness problem phone screen going to completely dim - acrux - 03-30-2021

(03-29-2021, 03:53 PM)DonF22 Wrote: Editing the file worked, I figured out nano.
I didn't see the screen timeout values tho, what are they called?  

They are in different [DimDisplay] sections and called "idleTime"

RE: auto-brightness problem phone screen going to completely dim - mudflap - 05-09-2021

(03-24-2021, 05:13 AM)acrux Wrote:

how do you open /.config/powermanagementprofilesrc ? can I do it on the phone itself? or do I need to plug it into the dock? I found the .config folder, but it is greyed out and says "nothing here" when I open it. do I need to use terminal and sudo commands?

RE: auto-brightness problem phone screen going to completely dim - Timothy_Ecc - 05-11-2021

(05-09-2021, 03:37 PM)mudflap Wrote:
(03-24-2021, 05:13 AM)acrux Wrote:

how do you open /.config/powermanagementprofilesrc ? can I do it on the phone itself? or do I need to plug it into the dock? I found the .config folder, but it is greyed out and says "nothing here" when I open it. do I need to use terminal and sudo commands?

Just replied to you on the other thread: https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=13690&page=2