PINE64
September Pine phone sales ? - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: September Pine phone sales ? (/showthread.php?tid=11174)

September Pine phone sales ? - bcnaz - 08-28-2020

Huh

Many potential Pine phone buyers "Missed the Boat"  on the last round of Pine phones.

A few of us early buyers from July 15th discovered too late our orders did not go through.

Please let us know when the next round of orders will open !

Thank you

CORRECTION :
 Apparently my first order did go through,  So I will have 2 of the PMOS Convergence Packages.
DHL has predicted delivery of both by end of business day September 3rd. Exciting !
  I test drove the Manjaro OS with sd card on my Brave Heart last night, nice appearing desktop
but almost nothing worked.  So I am glad I will have PMOS on these phones.

RE: September Pine phone sales ? - j8m2p6f - 08-28-2020

(08-28-2020, 04:40 AM)bcnaz Wrote: Huh

Many potential Pine phone buyers "Missed the Boat"  on the last round of Pine phones.

A few of us early buyers from July 15th discovered too late our orders did not go through.

Thank you
How did you find out your order didn't go through? I ordered my PMos on July 15th also but all I received was a Paypal receipt. I wonder if my order didn't go through?

RE: September Pine phone sales ? - bcnaz - 08-28-2020

(08-28-2020, 09:03 PM)j8m2p6f Wrote:
(08-28-2020, 04:40 AM)bcnaz Wrote: Huh

Thank you
How did you find out your order didn't go through? I ordered my PMos on July 15th also but all I received was a Paypal receipt. I wonder if my order didn't go through?

If PayPal did not pay Pine64,   then the order did not go through.

I placed 2 orders that day,  one for the Convergent Package phone,  and an order for
some Pine phone parts & accessories.

The order for the parts is on my PayPal statement, and I have already received that order.

LUCKY for me,  When Luke posted that they were almost 'Sold Out' of the Pine phones
   I got 'Greedy'  and ordered a "second" Pine phone Convergent Package on August 15.

That is when I noticed my PayPal statement, it does not list a phone purchase for July 15,
but the August 15 purchase was definitely "paid"....

If PayPal "Paid"  I am confident that the order did go through.

Luke has mentioned that because of the internet 'outage',   that disrupted some receipts not being sent out... While the orders did actually post.

RE: September Pine phone sales ? - bcnaz - 09-10-2020

LEFT-OVERS  !

On September 04 they had apparently discovered some 'left-over' PMOS Community Edition phones
with the standard 2g ram 16gb eMMC....

I purchased one of these,  I am hoping those will be shipped before they start taking orders for the
new Manjaro C.E. phones.

The main sales of the PMOS phone had been closed for about 2 weeks,
    so I am guessing these were 'Left-overs'  ?

It was only by chance I looked at the store,   since they had already posted the PMOS as 'out of stock'
So now the "wait" begins  "again"

RE: September Pine phone sales ? - zer0sig - 09-26-2020

I ordered the 3GB Manjaro Convergence Edition right before the store was upgraded. Apparently it was not available for very long, but I got a notice and a CC charge, so I managed to luck out and snag one.

If anyone is interested in one of those, both the 2GB and 3GB appear to be available.

RE: September Pine phone sales ? - bcnaz - 09-26-2020

Add on to my #4 post above :

On September 15 I received an email from Pine telling me they had "over-sold" the 2gb version,
If I wanted I could pay $50 extra and get the 3gb Convergence model instead.

I found and replied yes to that email ,
On Sept. 23,  I was notified DHL had picked-up my Pine phone, 

On Sept. 25 at 2pm the PMOS Convergence package phone was delivered to my door.

That was pretty quick.       Shy

Add Comment :
I have purchased multiple PMOS edition phones, YES, the factory OS is kind of "Lean"  but it can/does work...  As does the Mobian OS.

I am a very basic Linux user,  if these "work for me"  most other users    "should not have much of a problem using them"