Testing Crust Deep-sleep
(06-22-2020, 09:51 AM)hectorzg Wrote: Did you find a solution for the blinking red light? This always happens to me and I have to either reflash Ubuntu, remove the sd card or flash another OS.

It seems  that the phone only charges when booted up (not like Android that can charge when the phone is off, showing just a battery symbol in this case). Since Ubuntu does not want to start up when the battery is completely dead (red light), even when on a charger, you need to boot into another OS to get at least some charge back into the battery. Just keep an alternative OS on an SD card handy.
(06-22-2020, 11:09 AM)Zweitaktmotor Wrote:
(06-22-2020, 09:51 AM)hectorzg Wrote: Did you find a solution for the blinking red light? This always happens to me and I have to either reflash Ubuntu, remove the sd card or flash another OS.

It seems  that the phone only charges when booted up (not like Android that can charge when the phone is off, showing just a battery symbol in this case). Since Ubuntu does not want to start up when the battery is completely dead (red light), even when on a charger, you need to boot into another OS to get at least some charge back into the battery. Just keep an alternative OS on an SD card handy.

Right. I have my UBPorts installed on SD-card and I have experienced the same behaviour after an upgrade on Dev channel, so I have booted up stock test image from internal memory for charge.

Otherwise, it used to boot up at the same (0) charge level using older version when it was connected to charger.
It would be good to do something with it.

Anyway, my back cover has also started to crack on the weakest corner (where you can start to pull it off),  although I have handled in with care.
However, I had to remove back cover because of battery drain when powered off...
I put some "super glue" on it but I see it will not last a very long time...
(06-22-2020, 02:52 PM)VaZso Wrote: Anyway, my back cover has also started to crack on the weakest corner (where you can start to pull it off),  although I have handled in with care.
However, I had to remove back cover because of battery drain when powered off...
I put some "super glue" on it but I see it will not last a very long time...

This is why we are hoping the Pineloader announced last month will be available soon.
Hi!

Is there a way to disable CRUST deep-sleep?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Testing GPS Luke 54 77,546 03-03-2022, 02:53 AM
Last Post: Fred Zyphal
  Is there any way to tell CRUST to leave the wifi alone? Athansor 5 7,536 09-25-2020, 04:46 AM
Last Post: wibble
  Crust stopping clock? Zweitaktmotor 3 4,476 07-24-2020, 06:26 PM
Last Post: tiago
  Testing and Donating jmasters 2 4,016 06-30-2020, 11:32 PM
Last Post: jmasters