Testing Crust Deep-sleep
Check this out Smile https://twitter.com/thepine64/status/127...4781222912
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(06-11-2020, 07:36 PM)Luke Wrote: Check this out Smile https://twitter.com/thepine64/status/127...4781222912

That's really exciting!

If we've installed crust/gps with the instructions on this forum, will we have to do anything special to revert before the update or will the update take care of that for us, do you know?
I updated to 47 but crust doesn't seem to be enabled. Does the instructions in the original post would still work or is there a more appropriate solution for my issue?
Didn't really work for me either. I've walked around with the phone in my pocket this morning and it didn't sleep, the digitizer is still on with the screen off and the calling app keeps opening and accepting key presses. when I switch the screen on however the modem appears to be in a different mode, like it can't see the sim, so the dialler is displaying the "emergency calls only"  message ( if I then unlock, it shows the service provider id as usual). Battery dropped about 50% in just under 3 hours. 

Now that  I'm at my desk and the phone is out of my pocket, it seems to be going into a much lower lower power mode. The battery discharge graph has really flattened out. so it looks like crust is working well there.
It seemed better at first but I charged beford I went to sleep and then left it unplugged overnight and it was dead in just over 5 hours from a full charge. Don't think crust is working
(06-13-2020, 10:10 AM)LMalilil Wrote: It seemed better at first but I charged beford I went to sleep and then left it unplugged overnight and it was dead in just over 5 hours from a full charge. Don't think crust is working

You still need to manually install crust - appears that it didn't build into the OTA due to some package conflict
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(06-13-2020, 01:41 PM)Luke Wrote:
(06-13-2020, 10:10 AM)LMalilil Wrote: It seemed better at first but I charged beford I went to sleep and then left it unplugged overnight and it was dead in just over 5 hours from a full charge. Don't think crust is working

You still need to manually install crust - appears that it didn't build into the OTA due to some package conflict
Awesome. Thanks Luke. I got SSH running on the Pinephone with the instructions you provided but when I tried to acess it from my old client desktop running Ubuntu 14.04 but the terminal seems to just stall out and nothing happens. Upgrading to 20.04 to see if that makes a difference
(06-13-2020, 02:09 PM)LMalilil Wrote:
(06-13-2020, 01:41 PM)Luke Wrote:

Awesome. Thanks Luke. I got SSH running on the Pinephone with the instructions you provided but when I tried to acess it from my old client desktop running Ubuntu 14.04 but the terminal seems to just stall out and nothing happens. Upgrading to 20.04 to see if that makes a difference
My SSH "Stall too" , but it wakes when i enter my pin on the phone aka ... I think the Wifi is set to sleep when the phone screen "locks".
Unlocking the phone wakes the ssh shell again.
I'm on Mint 19.3 (Think it's like Ubuntu 18.4)

/Bingo

Re installing crust if we're on Devel (48)

Is that still applicable ??

My first run of :
Code:
sudo ubports-qa install xenial_-_edge_-_crust

Quote:
Code:
Setting up ubuntu-system-settings-libertine (1.7.2+ubports+0~20200614095149.17~1.gbp2e3648) ...
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.23-0ubuntu11) ...
W: No sandbox user '_apt' on the system, can not drop privileges
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree     
Reading state information... Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 4 not upgraded.
mount: / is busy
ERROR:ubports-qa:Failed to remount root filesystem read-only.
ERROR:ubports-qa:Please consider rebooting your device.
INFO:ubports-qa:You can remove this repository by running 'sudo ubports-qa remove xenial_-_edge_-_crust'
phablet@ubuntu-phablet:~$

My 2'nd run

Code:
Hit:15 http://repo.ubports.com xenial_-_edge_-_wayland Release
Building dependency tree       
All packages are up to date.
W: No sandbox user '_apt' on the system, can not drop privileges
Building dependency tree       
Calculating upgrade... Done
The following packages will be DOWNGRADED:
  libdrm-common libdrm-nouveau2 libdrm-radeon1 libdrm2
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 4 downgraded, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 103 kB of archives.
After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]

I ansvered No , as i didn't want to downgrade anything from 48' wo. asking

/Bingo
With #48 and #49, it seems to work out of the box with amazing results.

Last night about 1am, I took the phone off the charger, checked the status about every 2 hours and even downloaded and installed #49. Now (16 hours later) I still have 40%.

When the phone is off, there is hardly any battery drain. I have not checked calls and SMS, but Wifi works immediately on wakeup and does not need to be switched on.

I am pretty sure I can make it to 24 hours without charging. That's very respectable and catches up with Android phones. Big Grin
(06-15-2020, 10:30 AM)Zweitaktmotor Wrote: With #48 and #49, it seems to work out of the box with amazing results.

Last night about 1am, I took the phone off the charger, checked the status about every 2 hours and even downloaded and installed #49. Now (16 hours later) I still have 40%.

When the phone is off, there is hardly any battery drain. I have not checked calls and SMS, but Wifi works immediately on wakeup and does not need to be switched on.

I am pretty sure I can make it to 24 hours without charging. That's very respectable and catches up with Android phones. Big Grin

Very weird. I'm on a fresh install of DEV 49 as well and I've got this with everything turned off (wifi/gps/bluetooth):

16:12 - 92%
19:33 - 61%
20:37 - 50%
23:17 - 35%
00:19 - 27%

So while CRUST is most def working, my battery drains a lot faster that yours it seems.

I also noticed that the battery display is "lagging" behind. When I turned it off at 92% and turned it on again 3h11m later, it took the display about 3 minutes to update the battery status from 92% to 61%. If the consumption continues like this it will be dry after about 12 hours - which doubles the battery time.

I would really like to know how you get more than 12 hours on your phone, have you tweaked the installation in any way?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Testing GPS Luke 54 79,073 03-03-2022, 02:53 AM
Last Post: Fred Zyphal
  Is there any way to tell CRUST to leave the wifi alone? Athansor 5 7,698 09-25-2020, 04:46 AM
Last Post: wibble
  Crust stopping clock? Zweitaktmotor 3 4,575 07-24-2020, 06:26 PM
Last Post: tiago
  Testing and Donating jmasters 2 4,101 06-30-2020, 11:32 PM
Last Post: jmasters