Testing Crust Deep-sleep
The guide says you need to be on OTA Build 33, but according to the releases page, that version isn't out yet.
https://ci.ubports.com/job/rootfs/job/ro...stemimage/
(05-29-2020, 06:37 PM)pizzalovingnerd Wrote: you need to be on OTA Build 33, but according to the releases page, that version isn't out yet.

Yeah, I don't know what going on there, but I am currently half-way through downloading the 33 OTA update after switching to the Development channel... so go figure! Big Grin
Are we suppose to install again every OTA update? Won't it be overwritten?
Testing Crust on devel channel Image 44 - and discovered that if listening to the Music Player (with "Prevent app suspension" turned on in UT Tweak Tool) and the screen is turned off, the Music Player stops - I'm assuming another consequence of "deep sleep"...

Is there any way that app exceptions might be made to the "deep sleep"?

And given that some people might prefer to have Music Player continue playing with the screen turned off, how might we remove the crust update?
I'm on 44 too. Seems GPS is back now but as for crust ... I am having very mixed results in terms of performance. Not sure what (if anything) changed, but I am seeing more power drain now than before.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

I'm on 46. Crust seems to work, well, it passed the ping test. My icons have changed (like in the status bar) though, some are missing (like the icon in Terminal to bring up the keyboard) and some symbols on the keyboard are blank (like enter and delete). Anyone know how I can get the old theme/icons back? It's not so usable like this.

Actually, despite passing the ping test, battery is still draining pretty quickly, while not really doing anything. Is there a guide to roll back to stable?
One thing I noticed is that when waking up for a sub-second duration the previous screen content is shown before the lock screen is triggered, this could reveal sensitive information to unauthorized people picking up the phone.

The other annoying thing that has been noted here before is that the music app does not prevent deep sleep, so when wanting to play music I open a video in
the morph browser and pause it to force the screen being on, which is pretty bad for battery life.
I did an overnight test of deep sleep, checking periodically. It looks like I am experiencing a pretty reliable 10% drain per hour, give or take. Which matches what I had read about an approximate 10hr stand-by time.
(06-11-2020, 01:10 PM)stemplet Wrote: I did an overnight test of deep sleep, checking periodically. It looks like I am experiencing a pretty reliable 10% drain per hour, give or take. Which matches what I had read about an approximate 10hr stand-by time.

I suspect your modem is on an 'unfortunate' band, causing the higher-than-normal drain in deep-sleep.
Indeed, the next step in battery optimizations (which should get us another 10 hrs ontop of current crust settings) will have to do with telling the modem to be on low-power bands when the phone is in suspend
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(06-11-2020, 01:10 PM)stemplet Wrote: I did an overnight test of deep sleep, checking periodically. It looks like I am experiencing a pretty reliable 10% drain per hour, give or take. Which matches what I had read about an approximate 10hr stand-by time.

I am seeing approx the same.  Today's test with airplane mode on, wifi on I got 14 hours in sleep with only a few wake-ups to check charge percentage.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Testing GPS Luke 54 78,894 03-03-2022, 02:53 AM
Last Post: Fred Zyphal
  Is there any way to tell CRUST to leave the wifi alone? Athansor 5 7,667 09-25-2020, 04:46 AM
Last Post: wibble
  Crust stopping clock? Zweitaktmotor 3 4,558 07-24-2020, 06:26 PM
Last Post: tiago
  Testing and Donating jmasters 2 4,089 06-30-2020, 11:32 PM
Last Post: jmasters