SMS after dead battery
Have been playing with phosh on my phone for a bit now. 
I noticed that when the phone runs out of battery and I do not shut it down the modem appears to lock itself as far as sms.
After plugging in the charger and turning the phone back on I am unable to receive sms messages in chatty. They are queuing up on the modem. Rebooting the phone does not fix the issue. Accessing the modem, running the queue check (AT+CMGD=?) and exiting the modem, then rebooting also does not fix the issue. Waiting for a message or two to queue up, deleting them entirely or only one (EG: AT+CMGD=0) and rebooting allows chatty to receive the sms messages again. Obviously this is quite tedious to test with having to wait for the battery to drain fully.  Would anyone have a lead on how the modem might be locked if not properly shutdown and another way to try and reset it?
Yes, i think it's a known issue.
Reboot is not ok in that case.
Shutdown and powerup is the answer if i remember well.
I'll try to find to good post about that.
Indeed performing a shutdown and the powering back up also fixes the situation
Still trying to figure out if there is a software reason for this that gets run on shutdown but not reboot or if it is simply due to fully powering off the modem. Either way it is much easier to shutdown and power back up.
(06-01-2020, 08:40 PM)antiX-Dave Wrote: Still trying to figure out if there is a software reason for this that gets run on shutdown but not reboot or if it is simply due to fully powering off the modem.

This is probably due to fully powering off the modem yes, as there are no difference from the Linux side between shutdown and reboot (the same modem script is executed)
(06-05-2020, 05:14 PM)a-wai Wrote:
(06-01-2020, 08:40 PM)antiX-Dave Wrote: Still trying to figure out if there is a software reason for this that gets run on shutdown but not reboot or if it is simply due to fully powering off the modem.

This is probably due to fully powering off the modem yes, as there are no difference from the Linux side between shutdown and reboot (the same modem script is executed)

Thank you for verifying this.

It was suspect to me that this would be the case. On the flip side / looking at it from another angle I was thinking "why does deleting one message and rebooting also work if the modem is not being powered off? can it be done without a power cycle? "

Either way just voicing some thoughts, and poking around trying to learn the system a little.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Battery problem with a Pinephone keyboard and Mobian elode 2 2,104 12-22-2022, 07:10 PM
Last Post: acid andy
  Possible solutions to the battery draining issue? 3x5co 5 2,259 11-28-2022, 10:58 AM
Last Post: 3x5co
  Will this battery-saving script cause problems? rp3 1 1,132 08-28-2022, 02:00 PM
Last Post: biketool
  Battery Management jsch 4 1,953 07-27-2022, 11:17 AM
Last Post: jsch
  Telephony Dead jhasler 3 1,758 05-06-2022, 09:05 AM
Last Post: jhasler
  Limiting battery charging to some percentage TRS-80 3 3,128 08-22-2021, 01:02 AM
Last Post: bcnaz
  Increasing max voltage to use a bigger battery SocialNetworkingWasAMistake 4 3,812 06-09-2021, 09:59 AM
Last Post: wibble
  Possible fix for lousy standby battery life? bitnick 5 5,065 02-04-2021, 04:05 PM
Last Post: dcinoz
Sad battery usage HLing 3 4,493 08-29-2020, 06:04 AM
Last Post: User 18618