Pinebook Pro & PinePhone shipping progress (2020)
Just got mine about an hour ago and already may have made a mess of things. I had the update downloaded and hit the button to restart and install, but nothing happened. I manually restarted it and now it doesn't seem to be booting.

Any easy way to recover from this, or do I need to reflash it now?
(06-24-2020, 05:08 PM)Demon09 Wrote: Just got mine about an hour ago and already may have made a mess of things. I had the update downloaded and hit the button to restart and install, but nothing happened. I manually restarted it and now it doesn't seem to be booting.

what did you get? phone or laptop?
Pinebook Pro - 06.17.2020 Manjaro ARM i3 20.06
(06-24-2020, 05:12 PM)HaxNet Wrote:
(06-24-2020, 05:08 PM)Demon09 Wrote: Just got mine about an hour ago and already may have made a mess of things. I had the update downloaded and hit the button to restart and install, but nothing happened. I manually restarted it and now it doesn't seem to be booting.

what did you get? phone or laptop?
Oof, yeah, guess I should have been clear there--my mistake!

It's a PinePhone.

**Update** managed to get it working again. Held down volume up and power and waited a bit like that and the update that had been downloaded started installing, so, things seem to be up and running now!
PinePhone came in earlier then expected. Great work Luke/pine64 despite all the complications.
Any word on when new orders for the US Pinebook Pro will start to be accepted again? Not concerned about the wait, just interested in joining the queue!
what about my question  ?
i don't think anyone has _ever_ paid 69$
for shipping
(06-24-2020, 10:36 PM)elfcat4 Wrote: what about my question  ?
i don't think anyone has _ever_ paid 69$
for shipping

From checking the OP:

(05-25-2020, 01:50 AM)Luke Wrote: ...
[edit 9 June] If you originally selected Asendia, it is now possible to change to DHL shipping. Once we get 1000 people to switch over from Asendia to DHL shipment will commence. I'll obviously update you on that in due time.
[edit 12 June] Once the remaining orders of Pinebook Pros ship out next week the team will prepare shipment of DHL PinePhone shipping upgrades. I'll have more information for you closer to the date - probably late next week. We still have no update from Asendia, but we expect to get an update on Monday, June 15. We're looking to start delivering French and Swiss Asendia orders soon however. Regarding FedEx, where possible we'll change FedEx shipments to DHL - this may not be possible for all FedEx shipments because the two companies do not always service the same area/ region.

I might be wrong, but from reading this I'm not sure you were supposed to "upgrade" from FedEx at all?
I read it that this offer was only for customers who had selected Asendia. And that the FedEx would be changed to DHL
automagically where possible?

PS: You might want to quote your own post next time, because it wasn't immediate obvious (to me) what you meant and I had to search your post history to find it.
here is the old post
But yes, I agree 69$ for shipment is considerable! But then again, not sure you were supposed to upgrade at all.
(06-24-2020, 04:07 PM)Luke Wrote:
(06-24-2020, 01:20 PM)jack1 Wrote: This delay has no excuse! (pinephone/asendia) You lied about the shipping date! Was suposed to be end of may and will be god knows when... And its not even cheap ! 15$ while on aliexpress its 2 to 4. why dont you just change shipping company ? ok there is the corona virus and stuff, but the borders in europe opened weeks ago. You should give a discount and apology for this 1 month+ delay! @Luke

Lied? 'Corona virus and stuff'? We have been completely open about the situation and shipping challenges. We are also working tirelessly around the obstacles (even as I write this), including figuring out new alternative routes and options. I understand your frustration - delays are never fun for the manufacturer and customers - but let's keep things in perspective.

"ok there is the corona virus and stuff..." I love how you just brush off the worldwide pandemic killing hundreds of thousands of people worldwide. Also, how easy do you think it is to simply snap your fingers and change shipping companies midstream?
(06-25-2020, 07:49 AM)kingturgon Wrote:
(06-24-2020, 04:07 PM)Luke Wrote:
(06-24-2020, 01:20 PM)jack1 Wrote: This delay has no excuse! (pinephone/asendia) You lied about the shipping date! Was suposed to be end of may and will be god knows when... And its not even cheap ! 15$ while on aliexpress its 2 to 4. why dont you just change shipping company ? ok there is the corona virus and stuff, but the borders in europe opened weeks ago. You should give a discount and apology for this 1 month+ delay! @Luke

Lied? 'Corona virus and stuff'? We have been completely open about the situation and shipping challenges. We are also working tirelessly around the obstacles (even as I write this), including figuring out new alternative routes and options. I understand your frustration - delays are never fun for the manufacturer and customers - but let's keep things in perspective.

"ok there is the corona virus and stuff..." I love how you just brush off the worldwide pandemic killing hundreds of thousands of people worldwide. Also, how easy do you think it is to simply snap your fingers and change shipping companies midstream?
Ok jack1. I think you should go to your room think about your words, then come back and apologize
(06-23-2020, 12:40 PM)fsflover Wrote: Germany: DHL demanded 43.49 EUR (tax + processing) from me.
Same here, 43.49 € (28.61 € VAT + 14.88 processing).

My PinePhone was delivered today. I followed the instructions for the initial setup, and then successfully updated the OS to the latest version.

One thing I find confusing is that there was a piece of paper in the package saying "Congratulations on receiving your Brave Heart edition PinePhone!". Now I am wondering if my PinePhone is a Brave Heart Edition or a Community Edition? How can I find that out?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shipping Update and Stock Availability Thread Luke 87 88,298 03-05-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: maos
  PinePhone Keyboard update [April 24/04] Luke 73 106,630 08-12-2022, 11:46 AM
Last Post: kat22
  The PinePhone keyboard and cases are here! Luke 11 10,161 03-11-2022, 07:16 AM
Last Post: nontrivial
  PinePhone community poll results Luke 2 3,691 02-01-2022, 04:03 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition is now available Luke 1 3,186 01-12-2022, 11:52 AM
Last Post: zer0sig
  PinePhone BE & Pinebook Pro shipping update thread Luke 136 164,799 06-04-2021, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Luke
  PinePhone Mobian CE shipping update thread Luke 59 79,797 04-25-2021, 12:57 PM
  PinePhone BETA Edition pre-orders start March 24 Luke 2 6,003 04-23-2021, 09:25 PM
Last Post: ryo
  PinePhone KDE Community Edition shipping update thread. Luke 135 174,635 04-11-2021, 01:47 PM
  Manjaro Community Edition Shipping thread Luke 122 145,656 01-28-2021, 07:30 PM
Last Post: Muad