Pinebook Pro & PinePhone shipping progress (2020)
have the Fedex people been switched to DHL  ?
what about the ones who could not be  ?
(06-16-2020, 04:11 AM)Luke Wrote: PinePhone DHL upgrades have been now closed in the store as the team starts preparing for shipment.
More news about this will follow.
So, what about shipment to Italy? Do i have to wait a lot more?
I had no idea about this DHL upgrade and now I find out I missed it by an hour Sad
Hi,
Is it possible to have a status about Asendia ? I am a little confuse about that...
Are you already sent pinephone with Asendia for some country ? Or HongKong Asendia currently today is not working for any country ?
If you have started to send with Asendia, which countries are now available ? France and switzerland as mentionned the 8 june ?
Thanks!
(06-15-2020, 05:12 PM)rdrowe Wrote:
(06-15-2020, 11:26 AM)kaidenshi Wrote:
(06-15-2020, 11:17 AM)rdrowe Wrote: Interested in the number of people getting notifications - I placed my Ubuntu CE Pinephone order on 2 April..... still waiting

I forgot to mention my order was for the Pinebook Pro and not the PinePhone. From the last update it looks like your phone will go out once the laptops are done. So I'm guessing you may see a notification towards the end of this week or maybe next week at worst?
Hopefully you are right. Will wait and see.
Greetings

Reading this thread with some interest.
Have been trying to order a PineBook Pro for some about 4 weeks and am unable to do so.

Is there some place where one might be able to get some idea when it might be possible to order such?
(From your conversation it would seem you 'have' been able to order your pinebook pro.)

(Hopefully I have not contravened too many strictures in this post - - - grin!)
(05-25-2020, 01:50 AM)Luke Wrote: Pinebook Pro
[edit 12 June] All remaining PBPs are undergoing QA currently (see 8 June update for details) and sub-batch 3 and 4 will be going out together next week. This means that all remaining PBPs will ship next week (may run into the following week).
[edit 15 June] PBPs which have been started shipping again - shipments will continue over the course of next couple of days. Many of you can expect to receive your DHL shipping notice soon.

Maybe I'm being a little bit picky, but I'm concerned about that you said 'all remaining PBPs will ship next week' last week, but this week you said 'many of you can expect to receive'. Since 'all' and 'many of you' is not the same, I'm curious if I am included in the unlucky ones - considering the lack of information about FedEx Pinebook shipping on this thread - which I will be receiving my PBP with according to my order mail.
@ajoeiam The newer products from Pine64 tend to use a pre-order system. Meaning they plan on making say 1,000, then open orders for that amount. Whence that amount is pre-ordered, they close pre-orders and send off the request to the manufacturing group to build them.

It's clumsy, sure, and many would like a better method. On the other hand, these are low volume devices. A normal laptop might see 50,000 made and sold in the first year. Plus, those large companies can afford to sit on inventory. So I don't know how to improve the situation, other than they should consider having quarterly pre-orders. (Which is more or less what they are doing.)

This last 8 months has been a bit of a challenge  for 3 different reasons;
* Hong Kong has been going through a few changes
* Chinese new year changed out some manufacturing staff
* And of course, the disease.
--
Arwen Evenstar
Princess of Rivendale
OP updated
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

now juust hoping i get the mail friday or thuday
I didn't make the switch Asendia --> DHL because I live in France.

Hope it'll be fast anyway... my actual phone is in end of his life...

Thanks PINE64 staff for the transparency, it's nice Wink.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shipping Update and Stock Availability Thread Luke 87 88,371 03-05-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: maos
  PinePhone Keyboard update [April 24/04] Luke 73 106,757 08-12-2022, 11:46 AM
Last Post: kat22
  The PinePhone keyboard and cases are here! Luke 11 10,168 03-11-2022, 07:16 AM
Last Post: nontrivial
  PinePhone community poll results Luke 2 3,695 02-01-2022, 04:03 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition is now available Luke 1 3,191 01-12-2022, 11:52 AM
Last Post: zer0sig
  PinePhone BE & Pinebook Pro shipping update thread Luke 136 164,980 06-04-2021, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Luke
  PinePhone Mobian CE shipping update thread Luke 59 79,874 04-25-2021, 12:57 PM
  PinePhone BETA Edition pre-orders start March 24 Luke 2 6,008 04-23-2021, 09:25 PM
Last Post: ryo
  PinePhone KDE Community Edition shipping update thread. Luke 135 174,705 04-11-2021, 01:47 PM
  Manjaro Community Edition Shipping thread Luke 122 145,826 01-28-2021, 07:30 PM
Last Post: Muad