Pinebook Pro & PinePhone shipping progress (2020)
(06-11-2020, 09:29 AM)Hagvalfar Wrote:
(06-11-2020, 09:06 AM)daniel Wrote:
(06-11-2020, 12:51 AM)linuxd Wrote: What is going on. I sent an email to sales@pine asking for shipping information, tracking, anything on phone since I never got an email (that should have simply been sent out to customers) from a pre-order from like April 2nd.

And the response I get is that they are going to cancel my otrder. Total ridiculous. Can someone at pine who is a moron, please check their sales email.

This is really poor. way to go.

There wouldn't have been any problem is pine just responsibly followed up with an email to people who spend their time and money attempting to be enthusiastic and support their products.
  You can follow daily updates and all the info you need in this thread.

As customers, I think it is good to help each other. Normally, I support and try to give visibility anyone who is not getting info, or has complains against pine64, etc. 

Not in your case. You are so rude.  Probably you do not deserve a PinePhone.

Please make you / us a favor, forget about the pinephone and go for an iphone
Come on, please guys be nice to each other. I undstand rhar Linuxd is a bit pissed. But we are in the same situation we are waiting for our lovely New toy and pine64 is fighting with the problems in China no one can change the Situation. So be patient and nice take a deep breath and calm down. The Staff from pine will Do the best for us, the one thing that they want from us is a calm clear mind and a little bit of patient. Greetings [emoji16]

Gesendet von meinem SM-A510F mit Tapatalk
(06-11-2020, 09:31 AM)ojoon Wrote: Hello
I have a small issue before I attempt to upgrade. The instructions show to "key in your original PinePhone Order number" and it shows that the order number should start with 13. I ordered a UBPorts PinePhone, but my order number doesn't start with 13. Is it okay if I just use my order number?

[Image: pine-Order13.png]
Thanks Hagvalfar

Daniel is the rude jerk.

Naturally I am upset. Because I emailed pine64 simply informing them that i received no email, no tracking info, and of course i checked the site and noted the message quite awhile back now.

I just gave them some advice and rational criticism to help as I am a decade long linux user, admin, decade+ experience in retail in a major city and degreed in communications. There is a proper and easy way to communicate directly, it's called email, it can be automated via list. It has existed for 25 years to anyone.

I also simply asked for verification that my order was being processed as the pine 64/forum whatever I saw said phones shipped.

The response was immediate in email:

"Thank you for your message. We will be happy to cancel order xxxxxx and full refund $164.99 back to your PayPal account in 10-days."

I took time to contact them and ask a simple question. After this I emailed back right away and said I never said I would like to cancel! And not to do so! Umm. hello, again, I* waited 2 1/2 months. I think my concern is warranted. I think my ask for a status update or tracking info given the message that phones shipped was entirely warranted. I think I have a damn good excuse to be ticked off with the response I got. I have still not heard back from my reply not to cancel.

Hello? Screw you Daniel, how's that for rudeness. Not cool, you reap what you sow.

I have never used Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, dropped Windows after 7 more 99.9 of applications. Never supported Apple, Google, Twitter, Spotify, Facebook all the other unethical and bad companies IN MY VIEW.

So Daniel - screw you. I have also put my words into action, personally. I have integrity - do you. Probably not, because what was your agenda coming onto the forum and saying I don't deserve a linux phone. You don't even know, or my background, experience or contributions to linux at large. However your contribution is simply a troll.

And I am not going to reply or get into a stupid forum trolling. I just chimed in with a last ditch attempt, seeing Luke, himself is a forum mod. And by the way a person of similar heritage, I would expect a standard of integrity and honor.

Pardon to others for lashing back out a Daniel but what a rude jerk. A typical pure troll move.

Troll: "A person who posts inflammatory or otherwise unwanted material on forum"

Well there are obviously A LOT of people concerned asking the same thing. So info is wanted. Daniel however comments only to inflame and cause problems. He apparently spends a lot of time on this forum defending. People who have used forums for years also know exactly about this type of person.

At this point, I still want my phone, but I would like some direct email info. That is totally rational at this point. If I received a simple email stating a status update and verification that my order is being processed (well after they were said to ship!) instead "hi, we are cancelling your order" - then there would hardly be a problem.

So let's look what the problem is here and who is being the JERK.
(06-11-2020, 09:31 AM)ojoon Wrote: Hello
I have a small issue before I attempt to upgrade. The instructions show to "key in your original PinePhone Order number" and it shows that the order number should start with 13. I ordered a UBPorts PinePhone, but my order number doesn't start with 13. Is it okay if I just use my order number?

My order number starts with a 12, I don't think that's a problem!
Lastly, I wonder does Daniel work for pine64, is he the dude that got mad and decided to send me a cancellation??? It looks like then to me from previous email, etc...

I am asking for someone other at pine64 in charge of sales, to please look into this very unprofessional behavior. This is a problem and not a way to treat customers and supporters.

I never asked for my phone order to be cancelled, it is not right that you would do so out of a childish temper tantrum from one of your team.
(06-11-2020, 10:51 AM)linuxd Wrote: [Edit: Highlights of targeted posting removed. Original post text remains unedited.]
(06-11-2020, 10:51 AM)linuxd Wrote: [Edit: Highlights of targeted posting removed. Original post text remains unedited.]

Cool it.

You're rightfully annoyed... over the product shipment situation, customer service situation, and the post by that person who obviously didn't read and process what you wrote.

Hopefully we'll be given an update sooner than later. And hopefully your order won't get canceled and you receive your unit along with the rest of us. It's been a week since our last effective update Undecided
How much $$ cost the upgrade from 15$ Asendia to DHL ?
My intent was to simply get help after the email received. I am only trying to help pine64.

I recommend to staff, that if you have list of customers, which of course you do from paypal, etc transactions with email. A good process would be to make a simple email list, which can be done quickly with free open-source software. You can create 2 email lists: #1 for updates, which can be posted (a) forum (b) pasted in an email to all customers and sent via email for news. #2 set up to that your HK company Syabus (if they are the ones shipping) and via paypal or your own list, which can quickly process easily, sends out shipping notifications.

Problem solved. We all have limited time. All of time, money, energy and concerns should be respected.

There is something call integrity. Doing the right thing. The motto here at pine64 is "open. friendly. community-driven." Think about that. Words and actions.

There is my two cents, and that's it for my personal time on the matter. I hope this helps -- free advice from my end, no charge. I hope I hear back with a simple email saying that my phone is order will not be cancelled, contrary to the message I received. I hope I get an update via email with info (not words on a forum from 2 weeks ago that don't carry any reality or data) and the phone I ordered.

I am plenty patient, no problem. I ordered and have waited 2.5 months without even a workable phone. That is patience to the maxxx.

If at least I get the courtesy of a reply that my order has not been cancelled, will not be cancelled and that they are aware, care and will try to get some info very soon. That would be good enough for me.

OK. Done. As my email was obviously ignored and considering the very bad reply I got via email, I had no choice but to come to the forum for help.

You can choose to learn, grow, improve or take the opposite path. As linux users, it's kind of vital that we take criticism, field concerns and the first path.

Good luck. That's all the time I have, hope to still get a phone and maybe be part of such a community. Wouldn't mind hearing from some friendly and accessible to my email from pine64 at this point.

Seeya later.
(06-11-2020, 11:24 AM)jack1 Wrote: How much $$ cost the upgrade from 15$ Asendia to DHL ?
$10. Just check the store. Make sure to put in your original order number. I got distracted and forgot to put mine in and emails sales about it and they told me if they couldn't find the order then I'd get a refund. I emailed them back asking if it'd help if I sent them both of the order numbers and never heard back.
(06-11-2020, 12:36 PM)ragreenburg Wrote:
(06-11-2020, 11:24 AM)jack1 Wrote: How much $$ cost the upgrade from 15$ Asendia to DHL ?
$10. Just check the store. Make sure to put in your original order number. I got distracted and forgot to put mine in and emails sales about it and they told me if they couldn't find the order then I'd get a refund. I emailed them back asking if it'd help if I sent them both of the order numbers and never heard back.
Why when I click the link to upgrade it says 1cent ?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shipping Update and Stock Availability Thread Luke 87 88,325 03-05-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: maos
  PinePhone Keyboard update [April 24/04] Luke 73 106,731 08-12-2022, 11:46 AM
Last Post: kat22
  The PinePhone keyboard and cases are here! Luke 11 10,166 03-11-2022, 07:16 AM
Last Post: nontrivial
  PinePhone community poll results Luke 2 3,693 02-01-2022, 04:03 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition is now available Luke 1 3,190 01-12-2022, 11:52 AM
Last Post: zer0sig
  PinePhone BE & Pinebook Pro shipping update thread Luke 136 164,896 06-04-2021, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Luke
  PinePhone Mobian CE shipping update thread Luke 59 79,856 04-25-2021, 12:57 PM
  PinePhone BETA Edition pre-orders start March 24 Luke 2 6,005 04-23-2021, 09:25 PM
Last Post: ryo
  PinePhone KDE Community Edition shipping update thread. Luke 135 174,675 04-11-2021, 01:47 PM
  Manjaro Community Edition Shipping thread Luke 122 145,709 01-28-2021, 07:30 PM
Last Post: Muad