PogoPlug replacement
Hey everyone! Got my Pine64+ and am very pleased with the results. I am using Longsleep's Arch Linux build as I wanted something headless and light. It looks like he has stopped building arch, but I am happy with what he has done.

So my goal was to replace a Pogo plug that I had setup with the following services:
SabNZBd
SickBeard
Couchpotato
CrashPlan
MySQL
Mosquitto MQTT broker
Headphones
Samba

I used instructions from the following link to get the Pogo up:
http://blog.qnology.com/2013/03/tutorial...linux.html

I am essentially a Linux noob, but I was able to get everything going both on the Pogo and now on the Pine.
I moved to the Pine for the Gig ethernet and much faster processor. Post processing RAR files on the Pine is a much better experience.

With the Pine I picked up a 4tb USB hard drive and knocked together a really basic mounting plate for the Pine. I then just used double sided tape to attach that to the hard drive. I'd attach a pic, but it looks like I don't have those permissions.

Any all in all my new Pine is now a nice little NAS/Usenet/backup device and I am quite pleased.
(05-08-2016, 01:45 PM)virtuallyunlimited Wrote: Hey everyone! Got my Pine64+ and am very pleased with the results. I am using Longsleep's Arch Linux build as I wanted something headless and light. It looks like he has stopped building arch, but I am happy with what he has done.

So my goal was to replace a Pogo plug that I had setup with the following services:
SabNZBd
SickBeard
Couchpotato
CrashPlan
MySQL
Mosquitto MQTT broker
Headphones
Samba

I used instructions from the following link to get the Pogo up:
http://blog.qnology.com/2013/03/tutorial...linux.html

I am essentially a Linux noob, but I was able to get everything going both on the Pogo and now on the Pine.
I moved to the Pine for the Gig ethernet and much faster processor. Post processing RAR files on the Pine is a much better experience.

With the Pine I picked up a 4tb USB hard drive and knocked together a really basic mounting plate for the Pine. I then just used double sided tape to attach that to the hard drive. I'd attach a pic, but it looks like I don't have those permissions.

Any all in all my new Pine is now a nice little NAS/Usenet/backup device and I am quite pleased.

Neat :Smile

What read/ write speeds are you getting ?
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pine64 as squeezebox touch replacement Learnincurve 12 27,878 01-13-2021, 02:11 AM
Last Post: Learnincurve
  Multia (alpha) innards replacement JeffJibson 1 2,918 06-20-2016, 10:27 AM
Last Post: ssvb