Still waiting for my phone, no reply from Pine
Thumbs Down 
Hi,
I had ordered my Phone in the brave heart edition long, long time ago. It got shipped to Germany for whatever reason and got stuck there. Nothing moved for more than a month. Then suddenly the tracking of the shipment said, that there is no known shipment with the given tracking number. I tried to get in touch with Pine by mail countless times, but absolutely no reply. Anybody any idea? I can't claim back the money, because this is only possible for 30 days after the payment
i would guess that customs held your device for a certain length of time ,then is was shipped ,back , I think customs trys to contact you for taxes , ( but only one time) i have seen comments here about difficultys like this

try contacting "LUKE" the moderator on here, for the best course of action
(05-21-2020, 08:50 AM)rienesl Wrote: Hi,
I had ordered my Phone in the brave heart edition long, long time ago. It got shipped to Germany for whatever reason and got stuck there. Nothing moved for more than a month. Then suddenly the tracking of the shipment said, that there is no known shipment with the given tracking number. I tried to get in touch with Pine by mail countless times, but absolutely no reply. Anybody any idea? I can't claim back the money, because this is only possible for 30 days after the payment

Too bad you are not getting an answer from Pine.

Are you using the right email? From the website I understand you should use: For sales/wholesale related questions

sales@pine64.org

Try all the possible emails you can find in the website. May be they are overwhelmed with the shipping of the second edition.
See if anyone from Pine responds here...

At last resort, can you contact the credit card company or PayPal. They might have more power to contact them.  I hope some from Pine will answer and fix the situation.

Good luck!
Yes, I use the sales@ email address. In fact I used the reply button, to avoid typos. I can not make any claim to PayPal or my credit card issuer, because it is too long time ago now.
At sales@ they show very bad business practice by not at all answering legitimate email questions.

I wonder whether  their management is aware of how much goodwill gets destroyed that way?
(05-24-2020, 04:17 AM)rienesl Wrote: Yes, I use the sales@ email address. In fact I used the reply button, to avoid typos. I can not make any claim to PayPal or my credit card issuer, because it is too long time ago now.

It should be six months for PayPal. They also list contact information about the seller on the transaction information
(05-24-2020, 04:17 AM)rienesl Wrote: Yes, I use the sales@ email address. In fact I used the reply button, to avoid typos. I can not make any claim to PayPal or my credit card issuer, because it is too long time ago now.
Keep trying. Use the email, the forum, IRC, Twitter, ... any platform they have
Ask PayPal even you are out of warranty
Very important send a written letter to PINE (make it certified, and keep a copy). Scan the letter and email them a copy, also send them a FAX (if they have).

If you do all of these they cannot say they did not know about your case. Give them some time to answer (few weeks?) then you can ask the European Consumer Centre for help  or other similar organizations

I hope you don;t need to do all of these, and someone from Pine will answer you.

(05-28-2020, 08:44 AM)KNERD Wrote:

It should be six months for PayPal. They also list contact information about the seller on the transaction information

I think in PayPal you paid to a company in Hong Kong (Syabas Tech?), but not Pine64. I guess this makes things more difficult... or may be not. I do not know the relation between PINE64 ans SYABAS but SYABAS might be a third party. MAy be you can email them too? Probably they will not listen to you, but if many customers have problems and PINE64 doesn't respond them and they complain to SYABAS, they might then take action.

I am sorry, I like the PinePhone idea and I want to support them (and I do), but I cannot tolerate this kind of situations. I am not saying who is right, but I think Pine should answer here something.
Maybe @Luke has missed the threat
(05-28-2020, 07:48 PM)KNERD Wrote: Maybe @Luke  has missed the threat

This ALL is very unusual. @rienesl do you have an order? Which address did you put in it? Many EU routs go via Germany. Did you ask your post office about the consignment?
All those questions are only relevant if you are not a troll.
(05-21-2020, 08:50 AM)rienesl Wrote: Hi,

Sorry on your bad experience with sales team. Please PM me with your order number and I will check with sales team.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for the "non-phone" OS wakyct 7 942 03-14-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: MTXP
  Writing apps/programs for pine phone katesfb 7 4,749 03-11-2024, 10:42 PM
Last Post: Emelia525
  How To Access the Pine Phone Auxillary microSD Without Removing Card pinephoneuser22 2 792 01-09-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: britelite
  Pine company idea aular 9 1,616 12-07-2023, 12:32 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Can the Pine Phone be serviced and updated remotely? profileyourcity 3 991 10-02-2023, 05:19 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  UBports on pine phone? robb777 16 3,419 09-01-2023, 04:26 AM
Last Post: gregb49
  US Cell Phone Service Providers with prices and phone numbers - UPDATED jovval 0 680 07-01-2023, 01:25 AM
Last Post: jovval
  Loving my pine phone after about a year of not undata 0 655 05-11-2023, 02:23 PM
Last Post: undata
  New Phone Opening Issues LuluFrance 5 2,025 03-15-2023, 05:33 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  pine phone external speaker AnAbolitionist 9 3,209 02-08-2023, 01:11 AM
Last Post: robb777