Still waiting for my phone, no reply from Pine
(05-30-2020, 04:08 PM)tllim Wrote:
(05-21-2020, 08:50 AM)rienesl Wrote: Hi,
I had ordered my Phone in the brave heart edition long, long time ago. It got shipped to Germany for whatever reason and got stuck there. Nothing moved for more than a month. Then suddenly the tracking of the shipment said, that there is no known shipment with the given tracking number. I tried to get in touch with Pine by mail countless times, but absolutely no reply. Anybody any idea? I can't claim back the money, because this is only possible for 30 days after the payment

Sorry on your bad experience with sales team. Please PM me with your order number and I will check with sales team.

Yeah! they responded! This looks good. Let us know how this story ends! please!
Yes, yesterday and after filing a 3rd ticket to their ticket system (the previous 2 ones got closed with generic answers) I finally got an answer from them. Thank you to anybody here helping me. The current status is, that they have no idea where my parcel is, due to the tracking number has already expired (!!) and they need to investigate where it is now.

I had to smile when KNERD wrote, that most EU shipments are sent to Germany. That's nice, but Cambodia is not within the EU - or did I miss something Smile
Yea, support is currently under heavy load due to both the PinePhone and Pinebook Pro batches going out, so responses are likely to be slow.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(06-01-2020, 04:28 AM)Luke Wrote: Yea, support is currently under heavy load due to both the PinePhone and Pinebook Pro batches going out, so responses are likely to be slow.
The pinephone ce is being shipped?!?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Edit - pine64 site says June...

Can you elaborate on where you got your information?

Edit - sorry, maybe I was thinking of something else...
Just saw the update thread..
Hi out there. It seems, that neither Pine nor PayPal have any interest to get this issue solved. 2 months ago I filed a claim to PayPal and all they do is to set a date, where the case will get closed automatically. But if I log into my account at that specific date, a new date is set a week later. So, yes, I am still waiting for phone or money, but no side is doing anything. Seriously, go to hell both of you! Pine for not doing anything and PayPal for playing this game with me
(10-04-2020, 03:15 AM)rienesl Wrote: Hi out there. It seems, that neither Pine nor PayPal have any interest to get this issue solved. 2 months ago I filed a claim to PayPal and all they do is to set a date, where the case will get closed automatically. But if I log into my account at that specific date, a new date is set a week later. So, yes, I am still waiting for phone or money, but no side is doing anything. Seriously, go to hell both of you! Pine for not doing anything and PayPal for playing this game with me
IMHO case handling of PayPal usually is automatic and works pretty well.

When you observe any fancy circumstances, do not hesitate to contact PayPal. It is very important that the whole dispute is finished withing the time limit set by PayPal.
(10-04-2020, 03:15 AM)rienesl Wrote: Hi out there. It seems, that neither Pine nor PayPal have any interest to get this issue solved. 2 months ago I filed a claim to PayPal and all they do is to set a date, where the case will get closed automatically. But if I log into my account at that specific date, a new date is set a week later. So, yes, I am still waiting for phone or money, but no side is doing anything. Seriously, go to hell both of you! Pine for not doing anything and PayPal for playing this game with me

I was in a similar situation: had a PayPal claim open and was offered a refund, sent the items back to Pine64, but they never acknowledged the receipt of the package (I sent it with tracking, so I knew it was delivered successfully) and PayPal kept auto-extending the case deadline.
So, I started messaging PayPal support at least once a week and asking what's going on with my case, why is it taking so long and when I'm going to get my money back. After a while I must've made enough stink for someone at PayPal to finally check my case and issue a refund.
Also, when messaging PayPal support it's probably a good idea to provide all the information they might need to make a decision up front. My guess is they usually don't have time to check all the details and history of your case. So, make sure to provide them all the necessary information every time you message them.

With PayPal, you are supposed to work it out with the seller initially. If after some time, nothing can be worked out, or there is no response before closure date, you are suppose to escalate the issue to PayPal.

Have you done that?
Asendia has finally removed the tracking number from their system (when doing a check, it returns, that no shipping was found). Assumingly that was enough for PayPal and they finally closed the case and are about to refund me my money. Sad story for a great device. I would have given it a second try by using DHL (which works absolutely reliable), but assumingly because of this desaster (there is no evidence, this is a personal assumption), Pine has now removed any shipping method to Cambodia.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for the "non-phone" OS wakyct 7 938 03-14-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: MTXP
  Writing apps/programs for pine phone katesfb 7 4,745 03-11-2024, 10:42 PM
Last Post: Emelia525
  How To Access the Pine Phone Auxillary microSD Without Removing Card pinephoneuser22 2 791 01-09-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: britelite
  Pine company idea aular 9 1,614 12-07-2023, 12:32 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Can the Pine Phone be serviced and updated remotely? profileyourcity 3 991 10-02-2023, 05:19 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  UBports on pine phone? robb777 16 3,419 09-01-2023, 04:26 AM
Last Post: gregb49
  US Cell Phone Service Providers with prices and phone numbers - UPDATED jovval 0 680 07-01-2023, 01:25 AM
Last Post: jovval
  Loving my pine phone after about a year of not undata 0 655 05-11-2023, 02:23 PM
Last Post: undata
  New Phone Opening Issues LuluFrance 5 2,025 03-15-2023, 05:33 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  pine phone external speaker AnAbolitionist 9 3,205 02-08-2023, 01:11 AM
Last Post: robb777