Sxmo - Simple X Mobile Released for the Pinephone (new minimalistic UI & image)
This is great Smile thanks
Do you want/ need a separate subforum?
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

My keyboard isn't working right in landscape mode. It  is displaying in landscape, but it seems like the key presses are in the position where they would be for portrait mode.  I learned this when trying to use Sacc to read a phlog post. I needed landscape because in portrait it cut off the end of the lines.  The keyboard is the only way I could find to scroll in Sacc, the dmenu scroll wouldn't work for it.  Does anybody else have this problem?  I ask, because I made some modifications in my config for st ans svkbd and hoping somebody without any modification can check it.

For anybody interested, calcurse could be a good calendar app for this setup.

Can anybody figure out how to increase the font size in xcalc? I can change the colors in .Xresources, but no luck with fonts.
(05-26-2020, 06:52 AM)davidbe Wrote: Straight line, multi-finger gestures has its limits (it really takes me a lot of focus for a 4 finger gesture :-) ). I was thinking about using gestures like that library for command-input, but not for text-input.

I agree on the four-finger gesture. I don't have any trouble with the three-finger gesture, but four is difficult for some reason.

If you could use that library for command input, it would open up a lot of new possibilities.

(05-26-2020, 12:06 PM)saba Wrote: My keyboard isn't working right in landscape mode. It  is displaying in landscape, but it seems like the key presses are in the position where they would be for portrait mode.  I learned this when trying to use Sacc to read a phlog post. I needed landscape because in portrait it cut off the end of the lines.  The keyboard is the only way I could find to scroll in Sacc, the dmenu scroll wouldn't work for it.  Does anybody else have this problem?  I ask, because I made some modifications in my config for st ans svkbd and hoping somebody without any modification can check it.

For anybody interested, calcurse could be a good calendar app for this setup.

Can anybody figure out how to increase the font size in xcalc? I can change the colors in .Xresources, but no luck with fonts.

It seems that the touch input for everything is messed up in landscape. I made the mistake of putting it into landscape to watch a youtube video, and then I couldn't get out. I've just joined source hut to put in a ticket (but I bet he already knows).
(05-26-2020, 09:18 AM)Luke Wrote: This is great Smile thanks
Do you want/ need a separate subforum?
Hey thanks Luke - I vote we keep it all in one thread for now

(05-26-2020, 12:06 PM)saba Wrote: Can anybody figure out how to increase the font size in xcalc? I can change the colors in .Xresources, but no luck with fonts.

You have to use X logical fonts  - I agree the fonts are too small. Let me know if you get the fix so I can put it in the Xresources that comes with sxmo-utils. Here's some info on X logical fonts: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/X_L...escription

(05-26-2020, 12:14 PM)visiblink Wrote: It seems that the touch input for everything is messed up in landscape. I made the mistake of putting it into landscape to watch a youtube video, and then I couldn't get out. I've just joined source hut to put in a ticket (but I bet he already knows).
Rotation should be fixed now in latest sxmo-utils in the repo. Apk update/upgrade should fix it (after the build finishes and pushed to the alpine repo in about 10 min)

Regarding alternative gestures, I agree the swipe gestures could be improved upon. Four finger swipe is kind of crazy Shy One through three fingers are easy for me.

Lisgd's code is really small though so I'll probably come back to this at some point, it's like a 300 line C program. Very easy to edit currently. My main concern is I don't want to implement complex logic (and the other gesture libraries I saw were hard to read the source on). For lisgd, I'm thinking maybe like dot (single tap) then swipe - that would be really easy to implement (and would be easy to modify the config.def.h to accommodate). Not sure, still gotta think about it. I'm more into pressing down on these pinephone buttons afterall, lol.
here is my layout for svkbd. having similar issues with the fonts on it as i am for xcalc. I'll have to read more about it this weekend when I'm not working.

[Image: keyboard-1.png]           [Image: keyboard-2-000.png]

edit: here is my layout.en.h
Nice Smile
I've been trying to change the layout of the keyboard, and I'm running into an issue I can't fix. The last key of the second layer won't show up and the keyboard is elevated from the bottom of the screen.

Here's the layout.en.h file. Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong?

static Key keys[40] = { NULL };

static Key keys_en[40] = {
        { 0, XK_q, 1 },
        { 0, XK_w, 1 },
        { 0, XK_e, 1 },
        { 0, XK_r, 1 },
        { 0, XK_t, 1 },
        { 0, XK_y, 1 },
        { 0, XK_u, 1 },
        { 0, XK_i, 1 },
        { 0, XK_o, 1 },
        { 0, XK_p, 1 },

{ 0 }, /* New row */

{ 0, XK_a, 1 },
        { 0, XK_s, 1 },
        { 0, XK_d, 1 },
        { 0, XK_f, 1 },
        { 0, XK_g, 1 },
        { 0, XK_h, 1 },
        { 0, XK_j, 1 },
        { 0, XK_k, 1 },
        { 0, XK_l, 1 },
        { "<-", XK_BackSpace, 1 },

{ 0 }, /* New row */

{ "Ctrl", XK_Control_L, 1 },
        { 0, XK_z, 1 },
        { 0, XK_x, 1 },
        { 0, XK_c, 1 },
        { 0, XK_v, 1 },
        { 0, XK_b, 1 },
        { 0, XK_n, 1 },
        { 0, XK_m, 1 },
        { "Enter", XK_Return, 2 },

{ 0 }, /* New row */
        { "Shift", XK_Shift_L, 2 },
        { "Tab", XK_Tab, 1 },
/*        { "Alt", XK_Alt_L, 1 },*/
        { "", XK_space, 4 },
        { ".", XK_period, 1 },
        { "/?", XK_slash, 1 },
        { "123", XK_Cancel, 1},
};

static Key keys_symbols[40] = {
  { "Esc", XK_Escape, 1 },
  { "7&", XK_7, 1 },
  { "8*", XK_8, 1 },
  { "9(", XK_9, 1 },
  { "PgUp", XK_Page_Up, 1 },
  { "U", XK_Up, 1 },
  { "PgDn", XK_Page_Down, 1 },
  { "-_", XK_minus, 1 },
  { "=+", XK_plus, 1 },
  { "<-", XK_BackSpace, 1 },

{ 0 }, /* New row */

{ "`~", XK_grave, 1 },
  { "4$", XK_4, 1 },
  { "5%", XK_5, 1 },
  { "6^", XK_6, 1 },
  { "L", XK_Left, 1 },
  { "D", XK_Down, 1 },
  { "R", XK_Right, 1 },
  { "[{", XK_bracketleft, 1 },
  { "]}", XK_bracketright, 1 },
  { "\\|", XK_backslash, 1 },

{ 0 }, /* New row */

{ "Tab", XK_Tab, 1 },
  { "1!", XK_1, 1 },
  { "2@", XK_2, 1 },
  { "3#", XK_3, 1 },
  { "Home", XK_Home, 1 },
  { "End", XK_End, 1 },
  { ";:", XK_colon, 1 },
  { "'\"", XK_apostrophe, 1 },
  { "Enter", XK_Return, 2 },

{ 0 }, /* New row */
  { "Shift", XK_Shift_L, 1 },
  { "Ctrl", XK_Control_L, 1 },
  { "0)", XK_0, 1 },
  { "Alt", XK_Alt_L, 1 },
  { "", XK_space, 2 },
  { ",<", XK_comma, 1 },
  { ".>", XK_period, 1 },
  { "/?", XK_slash, 1 },
  { "ABC", XK_Cancel, 1},
};

Buttonmod buttonmods[] = {
        { XK_Shift_L, Button2 },
        { XK_Alt_L, Button3 },
};
static Key keys_symbols[40] = {

if you added more keys  you need to increment the 40 to 41  and then that last key will show
(05-29-2020, 01:23 PM)saba Wrote: static Key keys_symbols[40] = {

if you added more keys  you need to increment the 40 to 41  and then that last key will show

Thanks. I tried that previously and it didn't work. The total number of key spaces taken up equal 40, but I don't know if the number refers to the number of keys (regardless of how wide) or the number of key spaces.

I'll try editing both the number in line one and the one for the second keyboard and see what happens. Perplexing.
(05-29-2020, 01:50 PM)visiblink Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 01:23 PM)saba Wrote: static Key keys_symbols[40] = {

Thanks. I tried that previously and it didn't work. The total number of key spaces taken up equal 40, but I don't know if the number refers to the number of keys (regardless of how wide) or the number of key spaces.

I'll try editing both the number in line one and the one for the second keyboard and see what happens. Perplexing.

you have to count the keys plus the { 0 } at the beginning of each new row.  In your first layer you have a total of 38, so everything is displayed.  On your second layer it is 41, so the last key didn't show

edit: change the 40 in the first line of the file too,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PostmarketOS sxmo pinephone keyboard keymaps? afwtioane 2 2,047 09-11-2022, 04:37 AM
Last Post: manubert
  sxmo pim nextcloud Uturn 8 6,056 02-22-2022, 03:23 PM
Last Post: TRS-80
  Battery life on sxmo xark 1 2,087 02-12-2022, 10:07 AM
  Official Channels for Sxmo Support anjanmomi 2 3,066 02-12-2022, 09:50 AM
  sxmo & php --- 2 1,777 01-31-2022, 01:45 PM
Last Post: ---
  sxmo improvements unrealb2 7 5,673 11-17-2021, 06:43 AM
Last Post: fdlamotte
  SXMO on Debian IVp 0 2,176 08-21-2021, 02:33 PM
Last Post: IVp
  Megi's multiboot sxmo image aithal 1 2,184 06-14-2021, 08:07 AM
Last Post: fdlamotte
  SXMO svkbd with joypad layout [for basic dosbox play] streak 0 1,483 05-27-2021, 08:47 AM
Last Post: streak
  Sxmo on Arch IVp 4 6,406 05-19-2021, 03:18 AM
Last Post: dukla2000