Sxmo - Simple X Mobile Released for the Pinephone (new minimalistic UI & image)
FYI, I like to report that mobile data is working fine for me on sxmo.

What I have done. I've installed postmarketOS + phosh on a sdcard and used that to setup a working mobile data connection. After that I copied '/etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/Mobile\ Vikings\ Default.nmconnection' to my sxmo installation.

I can enable/disable my mobile connection in nmtui.

[Image: 2020-05-25-183825_720x1440_scrot.png]
(05-25-2020, 09:41 AM)saba Wrote: for the keyboard you need https://git.sr.ht/~mil/sxmo-svkbd and edit the layout.
I actually modified the layout.en.h and when I install I just do a symlink from /usr/bin/svkbd-sxmo to svkbd-en, but I probably could have edited the layout.sxmo.h and wouldn't need the symlink.  The colors are in config.h

edit: some more layout examples are here: https://github.com/ceemos/svkbd

Perfect! Thanks!

(05-25-2020, 10:46 AM)janw Wrote: FYI, I like to report that mobile data is working fine for me on sxmo.

What I have done. I've installed postmarketOS + phosh on a sdcard and used that to setup a working mobile data connection. After that I copied '/etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/Mobile\ Vikings\ Default.nmconnection' to my sxmo installation.

I can enable/disable my mobile connection in nmtui.

[Image: 2020-05-25-183825_720x1440_scrot.png]

Nice job! I can't believe how hackable this is Smile
I'm having trouble reinstalling sxmo-ui because of an updated libressl3.1-libtls in alpine. It has libtls.so.20 but idiotbox wants libtls.so.19

edit: fixed it by temporarily changing alpine repo to older version and downgrading
(05-25-2020, 12:26 PM)saba Wrote: I'm having trouble reinstalling sxmo-ui because of an updated libressl3.1-libtls in alpine. It has libtls.so.20 but idiotbox wants libtls.so.19

edit: fixed it by temporarily changing alpine repo to older version and downgrading

This should be fixed now as I just pushed new packages to the repo - normal apk update & upgrade should work. I am planning on upstreaming all the packages I'm using as deps to alpine so that should resolve these issues in the future. Also eventually I'll get the sxmo ui packages in pmOS too so there should better compatibility and guarantees of no breakage.

In regards to scrolling in st using gestures - it's definitely something I think would be nice as well. Right now it's only doable through the dmenu context menu. I'd like a cross-application gesture for scrolling - just need to figure out the best implementation (gesture & script) for it.

Just added st selection capability for copying text (if anyone was looking for that feature) - I was really missing it. If you apk update/upgrade it should come in through new sxmo-st & sxmo-utils packages.
Does anyone know how we can change the size of the toolbar elements within windows? Like the back and forward buttons in Firefox -- or the menu items in Leafpad (which I installed and added to the menu -- LXDE applications seem ideal for this setup)?
(05-25-2020, 07:01 PM)visiblink Wrote: Does anyone know how we can change the size of the toolbar elements within windows? Like the back and forward buttons in Firefox -- or the menu items in Leafpad (which I installed and added to the menu -- LXDE applications seem ideal for this setup)?

you can change the size of the buttons in firefox with a usetChrome.css file, but if you have too many items in the toolbar they get smashed together.  I'm going to play around with it, probably move some things to the overflow menu and then just have forward, back and reload next to url bar.
I just discoverd this: https://gitlab.com/unrznbl/gesture Might be interesting to use it instead of extensively using the buttons?
(05-26-2020, 06:34 AM)davidbe Wrote: I just discoverd this: https://gitlab.com/unrznbl/gesture Might be interesting to use it instead of extensively using the buttons?

You can already re-map the button functions to straight line, multifinger gestures.

But that link is interesting in it's own right. It is reminiscent of Palm's grafitti -- and the demo suggests that it is intended as a substitute for the keyboard. I'm not sure how you would access shift, ctrl, alt, fn, punctuation, etc., though. Perhaps that's yet to come.
Straight line, multi-finger gestures has its limits (it really takes me a lot of focus for a 4 finger gesture :-) ). I was thinking about using gestures like that library for command-input, but not for text-input.
Anyone tried gyro/accelerometer UI navigation assistance?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PostmarketOS sxmo pinephone keyboard keymaps? afwtioane 2 2,034 09-11-2022, 04:37 AM
Last Post: manubert
  sxmo pim nextcloud Uturn 8 6,001 02-22-2022, 03:23 PM
Last Post: TRS-80
  Battery life on sxmo xark 1 2,072 02-12-2022, 10:07 AM
  Official Channels for Sxmo Support anjanmomi 2 3,054 02-12-2022, 09:50 AM
  sxmo & php --- 2 1,762 01-31-2022, 01:45 PM
Last Post: ---
  sxmo improvements unrealb2 7 5,639 11-17-2021, 06:43 AM
Last Post: fdlamotte
  SXMO on Debian IVp 0 2,165 08-21-2021, 02:33 PM
Last Post: IVp
  Megi's multiboot sxmo image aithal 1 2,170 06-14-2021, 08:07 AM
Last Post: fdlamotte
  SXMO svkbd with joypad layout [for basic dosbox play] streak 0 1,471 05-27-2021, 08:47 AM
Last Post: streak
  Sxmo on Arch IVp 4 6,372 05-19-2021, 03:18 AM
Last Post: dukla2000