Sxmo - Simple X Mobile Released for the Pinephone (new minimalistic UI & image)
idesk compatibility for icons.

Although not really in the suckless/dwm methodology I have used idesk to add icons to dwm for novice users

Today I tought that it might be a good fit for touch interface on the pinephone ?

I don't currently run Sxmo as I using the ALARM|POSH image for having a familiar Arch backend but will defiantly swap over when a keyboard cover comes out.

Probably strip POSH off Dreemurrs's Arch image and setup Sxmo
(10-17-2020, 09:34 AM)nemsys Wrote: Probably strip POSH off Dreemurrs's Arch image and setup Sxmo
theres a lot of differences between Phosh and sxmo. for one, dwm runs on x11 rather than wayland.

i'm sticking with pmOS until an Arch/Manjaro build comes

to follow up, to get an app menu i created a ~/.config/sxmo/userscripts folder then created a file 'allapps' which just contains dmenu_run and chmod +x it
(10-17-2020, 09:34 AM)nemsys Wrote: idesk compatibility for icons.
[Image: screenshot_20201018_8a45.png]

(10-05-2020, 12:46 AM)hiimtye Wrote: theres no alt key, womp womp

Keyboard with Alt key, can be used for Alt-P to get dmenu. You need to modify the layout.h file for svkbd and add it in. Here is my layout.mobile-intl.h
[Image: screenshot_20201018_9a77.png]
After updating (via config menu) my audio does no longer work on sxmo. I can select any of the 3 devices and change the volume just fine, but no sound comes out.
I have had the same issue on a fresh install in the p-boot multiboot demo. Did anyone else have the same experience, or did I just mess something up all by myself?
(10-27-2020, 03:20 AM)IVp Wrote: After updating (via config menu) my audio does no longer work on sxmo. I can select any of the 3 devices and change the volume just fine, but no sound comes out.
I have had the same issue on a fresh install in the p-boot multiboot demo. Did anyone else have the same experience, or did I just mess something up all by myself?
I havent been able to adjust the volume or choose audio devices using the system menu in some time but pavucontrol works just fine
(10-27-2020, 03:20 AM)IVp Wrote: After updating (via config menu) my audio does no longer work on sxmo. I can select any of the 3 devices and change the volume just fine, but no sound comes out.

with the 5.9 kernel some of the audio controls were renamed. A patch has been submitted that fixes this and hopefully will be committed soon.
has anyone gotten data to work? when ever I try to activate my GSM connection I receive "an unknown error occured" type message. nothing is in the "modem log" regarding data either
(11-09-2020, 09:48 PM)hiimtye Wrote: has anyone gotten data to work? when ever I try to activate my GSM connection I receive "an unknown error occured" type message. nothing is in the "modem log" regarding data either

Data works for me after updating a week or so ago. I'm using T-Mobile in the US. I don't think I had to do anything except go into Networks from the main menu and select "tmobile:gsm" which seemed to be autodetected.
I use Shaw in Canada, and I'm in an area with terrible reception. I realized after that I put the wrong apn info in, but I've been unable to get a data connection still, although I haven't tried it in an area with better reception.

update: I was out and about the last couple days and data works great!

now we just need to fix call audio! if I switch to speakerphone I believe it's called, then call audio works, but it doesn't work in earpiece
ive noticed that short numbers dont display in the list of text messages, ie 611 so they only appear in notigivations and then disappear which isnt useful if you restart, etc

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PostmarketOS sxmo pinephone keyboard keymaps? afwtioane 2 2,061 09-11-2022, 04:37 AM
Last Post: manubert
  sxmo pim nextcloud Uturn 8 6,077 02-22-2022, 03:23 PM
Last Post: TRS-80
  Battery life on sxmo xark 1 2,097 02-12-2022, 10:07 AM
  Official Channels for Sxmo Support anjanmomi 2 3,085 02-12-2022, 09:50 AM
  sxmo & php --- 2 1,786 01-31-2022, 01:45 PM
Last Post: ---
  sxmo improvements unrealb2 7 5,690 11-17-2021, 06:43 AM
Last Post: fdlamotte
  SXMO on Debian IVp 0 2,182 08-21-2021, 02:33 PM
Last Post: IVp
  Megi's multiboot sxmo image aithal 1 2,187 06-14-2021, 08:07 AM
Last Post: fdlamotte
  SXMO svkbd with joypad layout [for basic dosbox play] streak 0 1,489 05-27-2021, 08:47 AM
Last Post: streak
  Sxmo on Arch IVp 4 6,428 05-19-2021, 03:18 AM
Last Post: dukla2000