Sxmo - Simple X Mobile Released for the Pinephone (new minimalistic UI & image)
scrcpy is a pretty cool app.. Using it to access my wallet apps from my old android phone over tcpip..Try it out to end up carrying just pinephone without worrying about missing android apps
(07-30-2020, 12:46 PM)arjunaithal Wrote: The incoming calls not showing up even when I toggle modem. I'm using the latest sxmo image. The command to get the incoming calls - ( mmcli -m 0 --voice-list-calls -a) is not able to pick the incoming calls but the sms works fine. The other functionality is working as expected. The incoming calls is working fine in mobian and UT for the same Sim. Can someone please help? Thanks in advance
I think I have the exact same problem. Incoming calls did used to work for me and I'm not yet sure at what point it broke for me. I'll investigate further and see if I can solve it.
(09-16-2020, 11:14 AM)proycon Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 12:46 PM)arjunaithal Wrote: The incoming calls not showing up even when I toggle modem. I'm using the latest sxmo image. The command to get the incoming calls - ( mmcli -m 0 --voice-list-calls -a) is not able to pick the incoming calls but the sms works fine. The other functionality is working as expected. The incoming calls is working fine in mobian and UT for the same Sim. Can someone please help? Thanks in advance
I think I have the exact same problem. Incoming calls did used to work for me and I'm not yet sure at what point it broke for me. I'll investigate further and see if I can solve it.

I have written custom scripts to get this working, with this fix I'm able to use my phone as daily driver without any issues and the latest fix of wakeup from crust on incoming call has increased the battery life significantly- https://lists.sr.ht/~mil/sxmo-devel/patches/13923 (getting almost 10-12 hrs on moderate usage)

Custom script to monitor incoming call -

sxmo_incomingcall.sh - A script scheduled in cron or sxmo_xinit.sh to monitor incoming calls using AT commands

#!/usr/bin/env sh

LOGFILE=/home/mo/.config/sxmo/modem/modemlog.tsv
EVT_HANDLE="call_ringing"
LOCKFILE=/home/mo/.config/sxmo/modem/ongoingcall.lock
NOTIFDIR=/home/mo/.config/sxmo/notifications

while [ 1 ]
do
        if [ -f $LOCKFILE ]; then
                sleep 10
                continue
        fi
#      WAKE=$(AT+QCFG="risignaltype","physical"|atinout - /dev/ttyUSB2 -)
        CALL=$(echo "AT+CLCC"|atinout - /dev/ttyUSB2 -)
        NUM=$(echo $CALL|perl -ne '$_=~ m/^.*\+91(.*)",145.*/;print $1;')
        if [ "$NUM" != "" ]; then
                TIME="$(date --iso-8601=seconds)"
                printf %b "$TIME\t$EVT_HANDLE\t$NUM\n" >> "$LOGFILE"
                printf %b "$NUM\n" > "$NOTIFDIR/sxmo_incomingcall"
                if [ -x "/home/mo/.config/sxmo/hooks/ring" ]; then
                        "/home/mo/.config/sxmo/hooks/ring" & sxmo_vibratepine 2000
                else
                        sxmo_vibratepine 2000
                fi
        else
                sxmo_setpineled green 0
        fi
        sleep 3
done

I have again used AT commands to receive and end calls using user defined script hooks.
Command to accept call -
ACCEPT=$(echo "ATA"|atinout - /dev/ttyUSB2 - 2>/dev/null)

Command to end call -
CALLEND=$(echo "AT+CHUP"|atinout - /dev/ttyUSB2 - 2>/dev/null)

Command to start a call -
START=$(echo "ATD+ +91$1;"|atinout - /dev/ttyUSB2 - 2>/dev/null)

This way I don't use mmcli at all, it seems to be working without any issues.
Thanks! Doing it all without ModemManager is a very interesting solution!

I did manage to find a bit of a less intrusive solution (cross-posting from https://todo.sr.ht/~mil/sxmo-tickets/73):

This requires less adaptation and doesn't ditch ModemManager: Starting modemmanager with a bit more verbosity helps (--debug also does the trick too but is even more verbose).

Code:
--- /etc/init.d/modemmanager
+++ /etc/init.d/modemmanager @@ -2,6 +2,7 @@

supervisor=supervise-daemon command=/usr/sbin/ModemManager
+command_args="--log-file=/var/log/modemmanager.log --log-level=INFO"

description="ModemManager Daemon"

I don't really understand why ModemManager fails without these options. I I had tried downgrading it but that didn't help either. For now this seems a pretty acceptable solution, having a log seems appropriate anyhow, so maybe we should merge this into sxmo (although it's technically not an sxmo issue).
I love this! And would love to use sxmo as my daily driver. One thing I'm struggling with is getting the SIM to unlock automatically, or prompt me to. Thanks janw for the guide on NetworkManager - I think it'd work if I were to be able to get my modem online. I also submitted a ticket here: https://todo.sr.ht/~mil/sxmo-tickets/93#event-50869 about that and tried the solution to no avail. Any help with getting the modem running would be great. Thanks, and thanks again for creating such a promising OS.
@mil I'm having troubles both finding the merged sxmo packages and understanding how to install on top an existing pmOS. The install guide is missing details on what to do following the install of the `postmarketos-ui-sxmo` package to make use of SXMO, which can't be found in the default repos following an `apk update`. Does a user run `pmbootstrap`? Or can a user make use of the new UI without given an existing pmOS install?
I love this project, it reminds me of i3wm but actually usable on touch screen devices.

I only wish that there were an Arch derivative with it (I heart my pacman)
after a day using it, I love it. there's a few issues, though

the camera doesn't seem to work, at least not from the system menu. I haven't tried any apps yet
the audio section of the system menu doesn't work neither. pavucontrol works as expected.
there's an intermittent hum sometimes from the phone. I'm not sure what that's about.
there doesn't seem to be any access to any sort of app menu. the menu system relies on rofi, but there doesn't seem to be any shortcut or menu option to just access rofi's app menu
there doesn't seem to be any clear way to alter the apps in the app menu. I suppose you could edit the sh file directly, but this should be separated to it's own file to personalize, so updates don't affect it
there's no clear way to adjust the cellular modem settings. I'm not sure how to adjust APN settings, or enable data roaming (or enable/disable data).
there's no way to adjust the delay of double and triple clicks of buttons. I find myself dragon ball mashing to get a triple click in.
gestures take over app controls. swiping right to read in firefox switches virtual desktops for instance. personally id prefer to have a setting to disable them altogether.

overall, this is everything I've been looking for in a mobile experience, it just needs some fine tuning.
Quote:there doesn't seem to be any access to any sort of app menu. the menu system relies on rofi, but there doesn't seem to be any shortcut or menu option to just access rofi's app menu
it uses dmenu. maybe try Alt-P to open it (it works for me, but I'm running my own build of dwm and svkbd so not sure if I've added in that shortcut)

Quote:there doesn't seem to be any clear way to alter the apps in the app menu. I suppose you could edit the sh file directly, but this should be separated to it's own file to personalize, so updates don't affect it
There is a way to add userscripts if you put them in ~/.config/sxmo/userscripts then they will appear in the Scripts part of the menu.  for some apps, if they are detected, then they will appear listed under Apps if installed. You could probably modify this patch https://lists.sr.ht/~mil/sxmo-devel/patches/12167 to include any additional apps.

Quote:there's no way to adjust the delay of double and triple clicks of buttons. I find myself dragon ball mashing to get a triple click in.
for triple clicks, you can just long press the button instead.
theres no alt key, womp womp
Ill have to take a look at userscripts
yeah, i usually long press but it doesnt work for sleep mode, and double clicks still hit or miss

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PostmarketOS sxmo pinephone keyboard keymaps? afwtioane 2 1,947 09-11-2022, 04:37 AM
Last Post: manubert
  sxmo pim nextcloud Uturn 8 5,829 02-22-2022, 03:23 PM
Last Post: TRS-80
  Battery life on sxmo xark 1 2,028 02-12-2022, 10:07 AM
  Official Channels for Sxmo Support anjanmomi 2 2,991 02-12-2022, 09:50 AM
  sxmo & php --- 2 1,707 01-31-2022, 01:45 PM
Last Post: ---
  sxmo improvements unrealb2 7 5,500 11-17-2021, 06:43 AM
Last Post: fdlamotte
  SXMO on Debian IVp 0 2,114 08-21-2021, 02:33 PM
Last Post: IVp
  Megi's multiboot sxmo image aithal 1 2,126 06-14-2021, 08:07 AM
Last Post: fdlamotte
  SXMO svkbd with joypad layout [for basic dosbox play] streak 0 1,440 05-27-2021, 08:47 AM
Last Post: streak
  Sxmo on Arch IVp 4 6,257 05-19-2021, 03:18 AM
Last Post: dukla2000