Sxmo - Simple X Mobile Released for the Pinephone (new minimalistic UI & image)
(07-30-2020, 06:37 AM)IVp Wrote: I start it from the terminal with
telegram-desktop
you could put it in xinit to start automatically or put it in the menu by editing the corresponding file. That may involve recompiling somehing... havent figured that out completely. I gather you can do that on the phone for such small changes. I personally would like to find a workflow where I can change the code, build an image and dd it to the phone but that seems more tricky.

Yes! I'ts working, thanks for your help! I was also looking for how to edit the file.
The incoming calls not showing up even when I toggle modem. I'm using the latest sxmo image. The command to get the incoming calls - ( mmcli -m 0 --voice-list-calls -a) is not able to pick the incoming calls but the sms works fine. The other functionality is working as expected. The incoming calls is working fine in mobian and UT for the same Sim. Can someone please help? Thanks in advance
Hi, is anyone using a bluetooth keyboard with sxmo?
I enabled the bluetooth service with rc-service,
but when I use bluetoothctl, I get the error "No default controller available"
I also don't see any bluetooth device in rfkill

I'm wondering as the other pinephone os' have bluetooth, and I want to get it working thanks
(07-30-2020, 07:23 PM)northjd Wrote: Hi, is anyone using a bluetooth keyboard with sxmo?
I enabled the bluetooth service with rc-service,
but when I use bluetoothctl, I get the error "No default controller available"
I also don't see any bluetooth device in rfkill

I'm wondering as the other pinephone os' have bluetooth, and I want to get it working thanks

It works, I have just reinstalled sxmo from the image (I can not get the chroots in pmbootstrap to do what I want).
I used
sudo service bluetooth start
bluetoothctl power on
bluetoothctl

within [bluetooth] you can do
scan on
scan off
pair <your device>

cheers
Is it possible to have anbox on sxmo? Has anyone got it working?
When I open the camera app I get the message "Couldn't open camera, is camera enabled?" I've updated and upgraded packages and rebooted, how do I enable the camera? I tried sxmo months ago with an earlier build and I think the camera worked then, but this is a fresh install.
> "Couldn't open camera, is camera enabled?"

Same here. And yes, it worked before.

Also, there is no possibility to enter PIN code for the SIM-card.
Hi all - just a status update, Sxmo will be merged into pmOS likely within the next few days. Along with this, new Sxmo images will be baked on pmOS infra and you'll be able to install with pmbootstrap.
It's been a long time in the making, but all issues are resolved and I believe the merge will happen any day / any time now since there's no outstanding issues left. You can follow along here:
https://gitlab.com/postmarketOS/pmaports...uests/1472

The new images will have a bunch of things mentioned resolved - like fixed & instant camera (with no latency) via ffmpeg/mpv; a new notifications system that shows missed calls etc. and will set the LED when you get a text message / call, improvements to the RSS script, a fix so that the youtube script works again, and more. Once the pmOS merge happens I plan to rework the docs to cover new features and improvements. Will post back on this thread when there's a new image available likely within this week.

--

(07-30-2020, 12:46 PM)arjunaithal Wrote: The incoming calls not showing up even when I toggle modem. I'm using the latest sxmo image. The command to get the incoming calls - ( mmcli -m 0 --voice-list-calls -a) is not able to pick the incoming calls but the sms works fine. The other functionality is working as expected. The incoming calls is working fine in mobian and UT for the same Sim. Can someone please help? Thanks in advance

Hmm - maybe a carrier thing. I test on Red Pocket in the US and seems things are working fine. Also I've heard from other members in EU that things work fine there with calls/texts. Maybe you need to play with URC settings -- do other pmOS images work?

(09-08-2020, 11:22 AM)arjunaithal Wrote: Is it possible to have anbox on sxmo? Has anyone got it working?

Standard pmOS setup should work here: https://wiki.postmarketos.org/wiki/Anbox . I tested this a while ago, but I lost interest since I'm not to into android apps Smile

(09-13-2020, 07:54 AM)0x070 Wrote: When I open the camera app I get the message "Couldn't open camera, is camera enabled?" I've updated and upgraded packages and rebooted, how do I enable the camera? I tried sxmo months ago with an earlier build and I think the camera worked then, but this is a fresh install.

Camera issues should be resolved (and we have front/rear support) on the latest changes on sxmo-utils. This'll be baked into new images and packages once the pmOS merge happens - until then you can check out the latest script directly from:

https://git.sr.ht/~mil/sxmo-utils/tree/m..._camera.sh
(09-13-2020, 07:43 PM)mil Wrote: Hi all - just a status update, Sxmo will be merged into pmOS likely within the next few days. Along with this, new Sxmo images will be baked on pmOS infra and you'll be able to install with pmbootstrap.
It's been a long time in the making, but all issues are resolved and I believe the merge will happen any day / any time now since there's no outstanding issues left. You can follow along here:
https://gitlab.com/postmarketOS/pmaports...uests/1472

The new images will have a bunch of things mentioned resolved - like fixed & instant camera (with no latency) via ffmpeg/mpv; a new notifications system that shows missed calls etc. and will set the LED when you get a text message / call, improvements to the RSS script, a fix so that the youtube script works again, and more. Once the pmOS merge happens I plan to rework the docs to cover new features and improvements. Will post back on this thread when there's a new image available likely within this week.

--

(07-30-2020, 12:46 PM)arjunaithal Wrote: The incoming calls not showing up even when I toggle modem. I'm using the latest sxmo image. The command to get the incoming calls - ( mmcli -m 0 --voice-list-calls -a) is not able to pick the incoming calls but the sms works fine. The other functionality is working as expected. The incoming calls is working fine in mobian and UT for the same Sim. Can someone please help? Thanks in advance

Hmm - maybe a carrier thing. I test on Red Pocket in the US and seems things are working fine. Also I've heard from other members in EU that things work fine there with calls/texts. Maybe you need to play with URC settings -- do other pmOS images work?

(09-08-2020, 11:22 AM)arjunaithal Wrote: Is it possible to have anbox on sxmo? Has anyone got it working?

Standard pmOS setup should work here: https://wiki.postmarketos.org/wiki/Anbox . I tested this a while ago, but I lost interest since I'm not to into android apps Smile

(09-13-2020, 07:54 AM)0x070 Wrote: When I open the camera app I get the message "Couldn't open camera, is camera enabled?" I've updated and upgraded packages and rebooted, how do I enable the camera? I tried sxmo months ago with an earlier build and I think the camera worked then, but this is a fresh install.

Camera issues should be resolved (and we have front/rear support) on the latest changes on sxmo-utils. This'll be baked into new images and packages once the pmOS merge happens - until then you can check out the latest script directly from:

https://git.sr.ht/~mil/sxmo-utils/tree/m..._camera.sh
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very Cool!  Thank you!
That's great news, thanks mil!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PostmarketOS sxmo pinephone keyboard keymaps? afwtioane 2 1,949 09-11-2022, 04:37 AM
Last Post: manubert
  sxmo pim nextcloud Uturn 8 5,834 02-22-2022, 03:23 PM
Last Post: TRS-80
  Battery life on sxmo xark 1 2,033 02-12-2022, 10:07 AM
  Official Channels for Sxmo Support anjanmomi 2 2,998 02-12-2022, 09:50 AM
  sxmo & php --- 2 1,707 01-31-2022, 01:45 PM
Last Post: ---
  sxmo improvements unrealb2 7 5,502 11-17-2021, 06:43 AM
Last Post: fdlamotte
  SXMO on Debian IVp 0 2,118 08-21-2021, 02:33 PM
Last Post: IVp
  Megi's multiboot sxmo image aithal 1 2,126 06-14-2021, 08:07 AM
Last Post: fdlamotte
  SXMO svkbd with joypad layout [for basic dosbox play] streak 0 1,442 05-27-2021, 08:47 AM
Last Post: streak
  Sxmo on Arch IVp 4 6,263 05-19-2021, 03:18 AM
Last Post: dukla2000