Anticipating shipment :)
Ordered PBPro two months ago.  Excited about getting it soon (I hope)!  It's been a challenge with Covid-19 and the pre-order process.  I can see that I'm not used to waiting a long time for new stuff, anymore.  Amazon ruined my patience, lol.

Anyone else awaiting shipment this month?  I've been working hard not to restrain myself, and not pester the staff.  Angel
I'm anxiously awaiting mine as well. Yes, Amazon spoiled people, myself included. I have been looking for an upgrade from my Samsung Chromebook 3 with Gallium OS on it. It's alright. I installed KDE Neon over top of it because, that's the desktop environment I settled on. I thought about upgrading to a laptop with all the bells and whistles and power but ran across this little gem. There is so much about this that has me all geeked up. I finally get to experience 1080p for the first time! Big Grin I'm excited on that alone. When I saw it was shipping with Manjaro KDE, I was instantly sold. I absolutely love Manjaro. Their KDE spin is very good too. This will be my daily driver for sure. I ordered the adapter for the nvme drive too. The only concern I have is the 4G Ram limit. But, according to some users, zram really helps with that. I'm used to that with my Chromebook 3, so no big deal there. The price is right for me (I'm a very frugal spender). The value in my eyes is fantastic.

I have really big plans with this laptop. Why did you decide to get yours?
I also am incredibly eager to receive my Pinebook Pro. As a grad student, my computing needs from this machine are pretty minimal--I mostly just need gvim and TeX Live to type up my papers. So the possibility of a true Linux machine that can do that, *and* which can charge over USB-c (something I've been wanting in a laptop for years now), *and* which is essentially user-repairable, *and* which (apparently) has quite a decent keyboard was simply irresistible at the $200 price point. And even if (for some reason) it doesn't quite satisfy my needs, $200 for a nice summer Linux project isn't a bad deal either.

I just hope they ship it to the right address now. I've tried to contact support and notify them that it should be shipped to a different address than listed, but I haven't had any reply yet. Anyone know how DHL shipments are handled inside of the US? Are they delivered inside of the US by USPS or UPS, or some other company? I've never seen DHL delivering directly here in the States so I don't know if they'd handle the delivery directly.
i'm also waiting for shipment of PBP since april..

have you guys got the tracking number? it's already past mid may but still no updates on tracking number Sad
Shipping any day now, I'd guess. Waiting on shipping notification as well.
(05-21-2020, 01:24 AM)wils91 Wrote: i'm also waiting for shipment of PBP since april..

have you guys got the tracking number? it's already past mid may but still no updates on tracking number Sad

They announced that shipping would start no earlier than May 22 because of a minor manufacturing SNAFU: https://www.pine64.org/2020/05/15/may-up...ging-more/
I just want to receive it so i can erase it from my "incoming orders" section of my whiteboard.  It's up there with two backorders and two things arriving today.
(05-22-2020, 12:32 AM)Phillip Bell Wrote:
(05-18-2020, 05:25 PM)Upokupo Wrote: I have really big plans with this laptop. Why did you decide to get yours?

Haha, believe it or not, I was all set to order a $4,000 PC, but I decided to buy this instead.  Something about my life changing as I get older, and removing everything that is unnecessary, no more car, no more house, very few possessions.  The minimalist take on this really captured my lifestyle right now.  I've never been so excited to get such an underpowered machine - haha!

Plans are scrap my old Sony PC, cost me $4,000 ten years ago!  Then start a drag race between PBPro and my Raspberry Pi 4 - it'll be like watching the snail Olympics!  

But I do plan to use this as my daily driver.  If I can't do it on this machine, I'm over-thinking, over-designing, over-building, and I need to work to keep it simple.  Excited about getting dirty with Arch-based OS.  Love the high quality hardware and metal chassis.

Best of luck with yours!

I totally agree!
saw this update :

Shipping Information
Next Shipment
PINE64 next shipment date will be on May 29th 2020 – Ships from Shenzhen China.

PINEBOOK PRO – Shipment date will be on May 29th 2020 – Ships from Hong Kong.

PINEPHONE Community Batch – Estimate to be dispatch in late May, 2020.

looks like need to wait till month end Sad
Mine has just shipped! Expected an e-mail instead had a smartphone text message from DHL.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Star Shipment to Argentina aleyanczuk 1 2,583 09-28-2020, 04:18 AM
Last Post: dumetrulo
  First shipment arrived =) hmuller 13 14,047 05-29-2020, 10:50 AM
Last Post: carlosqueso