Anticipating shipment :)
Yep, I got an email, too. Expected delivery June 1.
(05-20-2020, 10:21 PM)KiteX3 Wrote: I also am incredibly eager to receive my Pinebook Pro. As a grad student, my computing needs from this machine are pretty minimal--I mostly just need gvim and TeX Live to type up my papers. So the possibility of a true Linux machine that can do that, *and* which can charge over USB-c (something I've been wanting in a laptop for years now), 
Yep, I decided between my kids and I, we're not buying any more devices with proprietary chargers.  I'm probably going to toss the 5V, 3A adapter right out of the box.  Device manufactures have really been slow to adapt here, but they all need to get with USB-C.
(05-26-2020, 01:48 PM)lot378 Wrote: Mine has just shipped! Expected an e-mail instead had a smartphone text message from DHL.

Me too! Was expecting email from Pine store or DHL but got the text from DHL. Didn't even realize DHL had my phone number Big Grin
Any news for those of us who decided to go the cheap route and use standard shipping? Are we supposed to get email updates? shipment tracking? any ETA?
thank you
I ordered mine at the beginning of April. I'm anxiously awaiting the shipment notification. You're right, I have been spoiled by Amazon Prime.  Big Grin
An e-mail from pine64 came the day after the text message from DHL. It's arriving by end of Friday 29 May, allegedly!
(05-20-2020, 10:21 PM)KiteX3 Wrote: Anyone know how DHL shipments are handled inside of the US? Are they delivered inside of the US by USPS or UPS, or some other company? I've never seen DHL delivering directly here in the States so I don't know if they'd handle the delivery directly.

DHL will deliver in yellow vans if you are in large enough delivery area.  I work a lot with supply chain APIs, and DHL is someone I've worked with before.  As proof, I took a photo I just captured outside my local UPS store.

If you are not in a major delivery area, all of the major shippers use the US Post Office for last-mile delivery.  It is generally the cheapest for them.  So if you don't see DHL vans in your neighborhood, then expect it to come by Post Office.

Attached Files
.jpg   IMG_20200527_180335_1590628774757.jpg (Size: 489.02 KB / Downloads: 302)
Is there a online order status option somewhere to check shipment status? I ordered my in on first day in April and no DHL notification. I understand we should not hammer pine support about it. How do you find out about your order status? Or should we just sit and wait? Wink
(05-28-2020, 11:33 AM)oxoocoffee Wrote: Is there a online order status option somewhere to check shipment status? I ordered my in on first day in April and no DHL notification. I understand we should not hammer pine support about it. How do you find out about your order status? Or should we just sit and wait? Wink

Unfortunately, there's no shipment status available in the store. I did just wait until I got my PBP today via DHL - it took 3 days from Hong Kong to Germany including customs. That's really great!

On the other hand:
  • I didn't get an order confirmation at first - only after I wrote an email at sales some days after ordering the PBP on March 27th
  • No shipping information from Pine64 or tracking number
  • And no tracking information from DHL
[edit:] Street and street number were missing in the DHL tracking portal and that's why there wasn't a tracking information from DHL - the address couldn't be connected to my account for automatic tracking as it seems
[edit2:] Just read a bit more about DHL tracking and it seems normal that they don't show the whole address in the tracking information. Still don't know why DHL notifications work for me most of the time, but didn't this time...
(05-28-2020, 02:28 PM)Kareema Wrote:
(05-28-2020, 11:33 AM)oxoocoffee Wrote: Is there a online order status option somewhere to check shipment status? I ordered my in on first day in April and no DHL notification. I understand we should not hammer pine support about it. How do you find out about your order status? Or should we just sit and wait? Wink

Unfortunately, there's no shipment status available in the store. I did just wait until I got my PBP today via DHL - it took 3 days from Hong Kong to Germany including customs. That's really great!

On the other hand:
  • I didn't get an order confirmation at first - only after I wrote an email at sales some days after ordering the PBP on March 27th
  • No shipping information from Pine64 or tracking number
  • And no tracking information from DHL
[edit:] Street and street number were missing in the DHL tracking portal and that's why there wasn't a tracking information from DHL - the address couldn't be connected to my account for automatic tracking as it seems
[edit2:] Just read a bit more about DHL tracking and it seems normal that they don't show the whole address in the tracking information. Still don't know why DHL notifications work for me  most of the time, but didn't this time...

I got mine yesterday as well!  Happy to be able to play with it a bit!  So far, I'm impressed with the hardware.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Star Shipment to Argentina aleyanczuk 1 2,583 09-28-2020, 04:18 AM
Last Post: dumetrulo
  First shipment arrived =) hmuller 13 14,048 05-29-2020, 10:50 AM
Last Post: carlosqueso