Waterproof? Hard glass?
There're waterproof ratings out there that don't imply it will come back from sinking like Titanic. It would be nice to know if some kind of submergion is planned. Also how hard is glass and what's the type used or how easily it can be replaced?
The phone is for sure not waterproof and will most likely never be.
Glass (LCD) is cheap as the phone, it will brake if you drop it (has already happened
to a few others ) - but you can replace everything in the phone yourself - shouldn't
require more than a screwdriver.
Spare parts are (and more will be) available in the Pine64 shop.
(05-16-2020, 06:40 PM)Alho Wrote: The phone is for sure not waterproof and will most likely never be.
Glass (LCD) is cheap as the phone, it will brake if you drop it (has already happened
to a few others ) -  but you can replace everything in the phone yourself  - shouldn't
require more than a screwdriver.
Spare parts are (and more will be) available in the Pine64 shop.

You cal always use a ziploc Tongue
Usually manufacturers try and save the phone from rain at very least.
Construction is comparable to the other non-waterproof phones out there, so expect it to survive rain like they do, or don't. If you need something weatherproof there are general purpose phone cases to suit. It fits in the one i used to use with a Nexus 5X for example.
dont suspect gorrila glass
then that not what you pay for
there screen protectors and cases that protect your phone a bit
just dont drop it
its worth mentioning that i got the phone pretty wet such that when i shook it water was coming out. I took the phone apart completely (removed all components), dried each individual part, and put it back together. the phone still works!
The unsalted and pure water doesn't conduce electricity, I belief using pool water will do it in, although I got opposite results.