A Few Issues After OTA-12 Update
Hello all, 

I posted about this issue over on the official UBports forum too, just thought I'd post here too in case anyone else is having the issue. 

I have been testing Ubuntu Touch on my BraveHeart Pinephone for the last couple of months and have been loving it so far, making plans for some things I'm thinking about building. 

Needless to say, I was excited about the OTA-12 update, bringing with it the CRUST battery management and actual OTA updates instead of having to re-flash my SD card every time there is a new release. Well, when OTA-12 was released the other night, I downloaded it as quick as I could, and flashed it onto my microSD card, inserted it into my Pinephone. 

For a few minutes, it might boot normally. I can usually get into the actual operating system for a few minutes, but it will always reset itself and end up going into a sort of bootloop between the Pine64 splash screen and the Ubuntu Touch loading screen. If it doesn't bootloop, it will just go into a blank, black screen until restarted again. I tried re-flashing it, using a few different SD cards and adapters, to no avail. 

When I was able to boot into the system, I tried checking for updates on each release channel, but haven't seen any new updates be pushed since then. 

Is anyone else having this issue? If you were having this issue, how did you go about fixing it? 

Cheers everyone, and hope you're all well! Smile
I've updated to Channel in Update Settings to Development (top one) and it's running like a champ. It's on Ubuntu Touch Version 24 dated 13 May. It now sees a sim card which is new and Wifi doesn't vanish requiring a reload... You can restart and it will connect to the saved connection.
(05-14-2020, 11:08 AM)MIchael Wrote: I've updated to Channel in Update Settings to Development (top one) and it's running like a champ. It's on Ubuntu Touch Version 24 dated 13 May. It now sees a sim card which is new and Wifi doesn't vanish requiring a reload... You can restart and it will connect to the saved connection.

Odd, I was able to boot into the system earlier, checked the dev channel again, and was able to get the update. The update installed, and the phone rebooted. It seemed to work fine for a few minutes until I went into the OpenStore to grab some applications, and then the phone killed itself again. 

Now we're back to the Pine64 splash screen followed by a constant black screen that doesn't boot into UT. Perhaps I'll try to re-download the newest build and attempt another flash on the SD card to see if that fixes the issue, though I'll have to grab the update again afterwards.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinePhone and PinePhone Pro 20.04 Focal Install and Update c3l@ 0 702 05-12-2023, 05:06 AM
Last Post: c3l@
  How to find out about package versions on different update channels? kqlnut 0 1,647 08-30-2021, 01:38 PM
Last Post: kqlnut
  What does an OTA Update look like lsitongia 0 1,536 08-24-2021, 10:20 AM
Last Post: lsitongia
Sad Help! - Screen blank after update. Zweitaktmotor 4 4,446 07-26-2021, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Zweitaktmotor
  Update Channels & Kernel Version mark1250 2 3,152 03-20-2021, 08:26 AM
Last Post: mark1250
  Kernel update failing issues KNERD 5 6,628 01-10-2021, 01:49 PM
Last Post: KNERD
  Kernel Update Channel Zweitaktmotor 2 3,718 01-06-2021, 08:22 PM
Last Post: Korac
  Update process getting more buggy. Cree 0 1,856 08-26-2020, 12:43 AM
Last Post: Cree
  Update Python and get gcc? sunnystormy 2 3,504 08-10-2020, 09:04 AM
Last Post: sunnystormy
  Tutorial for new UBPorts CE users / list of known issues? ThatGeoGuy 2 4,723 07-21-2020, 05:54 PM
Last Post: natasha