Announcing the Mobian project
(06-21-2020, 06:59 AM)a-wai Wrote: @Dmytro of course we're interested in extra developers!
Anyone can already file issues and submit MRs on gitlab, register and edit our wiki, and join our public Matrix channel. Joining the "core" team is generally as simple as chatting a bit with us and requesting developers rights on the repos, but if you feel like we should do more/different, please tell us what would be better in your opinion.
@a-wai as a developer I would like to see at least one terminal and Mobian repo key installed on published image. As well as development package presence would signal developers are welcome. Smile
I was not talking about how you communicate but rather image orientation. Now it pretends it contains 100% user ready environment. Reality is opposite. Almost every user has to be a developer (imho.)
To my mind, and even if i agree on some points, pinePhone is a dev version.
All OSes are in dev phase.
Mobian is probably the nearest 'out of the box' OS on this hardware.
(06-21-2020, 10:39 AM)Dmytro Wrote: @a-wai as a developer I would like to see at least one terminal and Mobian repo key installed on published image. As well as development package presence would signal developers are welcome. Smile
Well, "King's Cross" is present on all published images, and so is the repo key since we configured repo signing (which only occurred on June 17th, so images older than that obviously don't have it).
Development tools are a simple "sudo apt install pinephone-devtools" away, which i believe is documented on the wiki...

But yes, this is all WIP, with still a lot to be done
Hi does mobian have cifs support? I tried installing cifs-utils but am getting not supported by system, also cant modprobe cifs
Hi,
I installed the last image available a couple of hours ago.
I can only say thank you.
It works out of the box.
I nearly cried when I opened the audio settings, plugged in the headphones and it automatically selected the headset.
In addition to that, I am posting from mobian using the lte connection, which requires a lot of tweeking on the other operating systems.
Now I have debian on laptop, rpi and phone. ; )
Thanks for the kind words, and glad you enjoy it Smile

(06-24-2020, 06:02 AM)NO_ob Wrote: Hi does mobian have cifs support? I tried installing cifs-utils but am getting not supported by system, also cant modprobe cifs

No, it doesn't. The good news is I should (hopefully) release a new kernel later this week, I'll try to add it then.
Please file an issue on https://gitlab.com/mobian1/issues so I don't forget Wink
(06-24-2020, 10:45 AM)a-wai Wrote: Thanks for the kind words, and glad you enjoy it Smile

(06-24-2020, 06:02 AM)NO_ob Wrote: Hi does mobian have cifs support? I tried installing cifs-utils but am getting not supported by system, also cant modprobe cifs

No, it doesn't. The good news is I should (hopefully) release a new kernel later this week, I'll try to add it then.
Please file an issue on https://gitlab.com/mobian1/issues so I don't forget Wink
Awesome thankyou
i am really amazed how much you accomplished in such a short period of time. Mobian works much better than postmarketos in any way. The apps resize way better on Mobian. It is not perfect but i like the experience so far. I will check the issue list to see if some of my issues are reported yet. I will look into donating some money upcoming month.
(06-25-2020, 06:34 AM)nick.lindert Wrote: i am really amazed how much you accomplished in such a short period of time. Mobian works much better than postmarketos in any way.  The apps resize way better on Mobian. It is not perfect but i like the experience so far. I will check the issue list to see if some of my issues are reported yet.  I will look into donating some money upcoming month.

And it (and every other distro aswell) will keep getting better and better!

To be fair to postmarketOS they do support more devices and cannot get away with pinephone specific hacks as easily (as far as I understand).
(06-24-2020, 10:57 AM)NO_ob Wrote:
(06-24-2020, 10:45 AM)a-wai Wrote: Thanks for the kind words, and glad you enjoy it Smile

Awesome thankyou

I took the liberty of filing an issue for this here

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mobian repository status henrythemouse 16 8,585 04-10-2024, 10:02 AM
Last Post: diederik
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 15 1,859 03-25-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  cant verify mobian image at website gnugpg penguins_rule 0 117 03-18-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: penguins_rule
  mobian installed to eMMC - how to install tow-boot grump_fiddle_reinstall 6 1,903 11-22-2023, 11:46 AM
Last Post: aLoop100o
  What actions needed to keep on mobian testing user641 3 1,773 09-05-2023, 06:44 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  Mobian boot failed with zstd message after upgrade. Mahgue 0 620 09-01-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Mahgue
  how to update mobian over tor vusra 13 6,812 07-09-2023, 08:57 PM
Last Post: vusra
  opensnitch outbound firewall now works on mobian vusra 2 1,876 07-09-2023, 01:37 AM
  Using Nativefier on PP64 with Mobian paulcarton 0 616 07-05-2023, 03:57 AM
Last Post: paulcarton
  Has anyone got briar-desktop running on mobian? vusra 5 2,969 06-19-2023, 03:02 PM