What is the highest usable DRAM clock speed for you?
29.17%
0%
12.50%
8.33%
4.17%
8.33%
37.50%
24 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[Volunteer needed]Too high DRAM clock speed MAY be causing you random crashes/freezes
(07-18-2020, 12:21 PM)devrtz Wrote: @gotomech it uses an older crust build, so sadly the changes that enable 100h standby are not (yet) in.

I will update the binary soon-ish.

I have also not yet come around to test megous's p-boot memtest, which I should definitely do!

Thanks, I'll keep looking. I used to find it easily, but now I cant remember where it is in the code.

Hopefully I find it soon and can just build my own. Trying to do some testing, since it seems the new power settings are allowing me more stability at higher clocks somehow.

Might even need to do a new poll here cause I don't know if it's just me, but I'm thinking the lower temps and controlled voltages are allowing better stability out of my overly sensitive memory.
(07-18-2020, 12:21 PM)devrtz Wrote: @gotomech it uses an older crust build, so sadly the changes that enable 100h standby are not (yet) in.

I have also not yet come around to test megous's p-boot memtest, which I should definitely do!

I'm keen on trying the higher freq binaries on the recent build too - will be waiting.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(07-19-2020, 05:53 AM)Luke Wrote:

I'm keen on trying the higher freq binaries on the recent build too - will be waiting.

Hey @Luke speaking of memory. I was told back in the "upgrade wish list" thread, way back when, that the SOC for the pinephone could only support 2GB of RAM. Now there is a 3GB version being released (not complaining, will buy even though I have a braveheart just for the RAM, emmc, and general support). Did you guys use a next gen variant of the SOC? Or some general wizardry or how it reads the RAM? Or was I just misinformed?

Thanks!

I hope this isn't too off-topic since it is about RAM and I do want to get it as a backup to combat the difficult RAM on my Braveheart.
A64 always supported 3GB of RAM, there is no any upgrade. 2GB is used, because there is no 3GB LPDDR3 memory chip and it would be insane to put a 4GB chip and waste 1GB of memory. it was told a million times. Dodgy
ANT - my hobby OS for x86 and ARM.
(07-19-2020, 08:10 PM)z4v4l Wrote: A64 always supported 3GB of RAM, there is no any upgrade. 2GB is used, because there is no 3GB LPDDR3 memory chip and it would be insane to put a 4GB chip and waste 1GB of memory. it was told a million times.  Dodgy

Makes sense, thanks for the info!

Sorry if I missed it before, the pinephone is really what taught me about pine64. So I'm a little late to the game and learned/learning everything really quickly as I ask questions and such.

So, since you seem to be in the know, is it a 2GB and 1GB module for the convergence model or are they just using 4GB now and "wasting" the 1GB?
Pine uses 2GB LPDDR3 chip in the pinephone.

as of the "convergence" model, I only got to know about it and don't know how it's arranged.
ANT - my hobby OS for x86 and ARM.
(07-19-2020, 08:27 PM)gotomech Wrote:
(07-19-2020, 08:10 PM)z4v4l Wrote: A64 always supported 3GB of RAM, there is no any upgrade. 2GB is used, because there is no 3GB LPDDR3 memory chip and it would be insane to put a 4GB chip and waste 1GB of memory. it was told a million times.  Dodgy

Sorry if I missed it before, the pinephone is really what taught me about pine64. So I'm a little late to the game and learned/learning everything really quickly as I ask questions and such.

So, since you seem to be in the know, is it a 2GB and 1GB module for the convergence model or are they just using 4GB now and "wasting" the 1GB?

The 3GB LPDDR3 using in Pinephone is an asymmetric DRAM configuration. We just aware such DRAM configuration about 3 weeks ago and is not commonly available.
(07-21-2020, 01:03 AM)tllim Wrote:
(07-19-2020, 08:27 PM)gotomech Wrote:

The 3GB LPDDR3 using in Pinephone is an asymmetric DRAM configuration. We just aware such DRAM configuration about 3 weeks ago and is not commonly available.

That's cool! Now the comments I've been seeing about stocking it make a lot more sense.

I'll stop dragging this thread off topic now, since this is such an important topic.

Thanks again!
@devrtz any chance for the higher freq binaries ? Smile
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

@Luke Should have updated binaries later today or tomorrow - the build is taking quite a long time on my machine ;)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help needed: Jump drive not working UsnR2 5 4,769 07-09-2021, 03:22 PM
Last Post: UsnR2
  Endless crashes on Pine64 received today luciphercolors 4 5,414 11-24-2020, 06:09 PM
Last Post: rocket2nfinity
  Does the PinePhone have a hardware random number generator? LibrePhoneUser 4 6,141 11-12-2020, 07:47 PM
Last Post: megous
  Only enable modem when needed with kill switches sokolgeo 2 4,001 09-20-2020, 04:40 AM
Last Post: sokolgeo
Sad Crashes in every OS - Hardware-issue? rakor 4 5,955 06-22-2020, 09:20 AM
Last Post: Nooblife