Ubuntu Touch with OTA updates
Version 48 sets some very high resolution, which makes everything hard to read.
Also, some icons disappeared, incoming voicecalls stopped working, and sound is off when I call from PP to another phone (both mic and speaker).
The latter happened before when running ubports-qa update, starting from somewhere around version 41.
I have a BH
(06-14-2020, 02:52 AM)afigegoznaet Wrote: Version 48 sets some very high resolution, which makes everything hard to read.
Also, some icons disappeared, incoming voicecalls stopped working, and sound is off when I call from PP to another phone (both mic and speaker).
The latter happened before when running ubports-qa update, starting from somewhere around version 41.
I have a BH
I can report the same issues on CE.
(06-14-2020, 03:09 AM)Momomentum Wrote:
(06-14-2020, 02:52 AM)afigegoznaet Wrote: Version 48 sets some very high resolution, which makes everything hard to read.
I have a BH
I have a CE , and just switched to the Devel (48).

It switches to a ultra high resolution , "Glasses" are 110% needed.
Not a plesant experience , the stable resolution was much better.

I can now make a call from my Android Phone to the PP (couldnt on stable) , but when i ansver no sound is heard , Mic mute doesn't react.
I can make a call from the PP to the android , but nothing ever rings on the android.
The top right icons when dialing (wheel & contacts) are not showing , the red/green bar in the bottom has no text.

SMS works both ways.
(06-14-2020, 07:56 AM)bingo600 Wrote:
I have a BH

I can now make a call from my Android Phone to the PP (couldnt on stable) , but when i ansver no sound is heard , Mic mute doesn't react.
I can make a call from the PP to the android , but nothing ever rings on the android.
The top right icons when dialing (wheel & contacts) are not showing , the red/green bar in the bottom has no text.

SMS works both ways.
I went back to stable, and voicecalls are working for me.
I'm curious if you had SMS working on stable, or was the phone online at all?
(06-14-2020, 08:12 AM)afigegoznaet Wrote:
(06-14-2020, 07:56 AM)bingo600 Wrote:
I have a BH

SMS works both ways.
I went back to stable, and voicecalls are working for me.
I'm curious if you had SMS working on stable, or was the phone online at all?

I had SMS + Data on stable , but no calls in any direction.

Here's a pict of Stable & Dev  - Just to see the resolution

Attached Files
.jpg   sppstable.jpg (Size: 22.26 KB / Downloads: 386)
.jpg   sppdev.jpg (Size: 20.47 KB / Downloads: 403)
I  can report the same thing on my CE except i noticed the resolution changed last night when i finally got my SSH to connect and manually implemented CRUST on version 47. Didn't update to 48 until this morning and the resolution did not change. Deep sleep, wifi, calls, sms, and data were all working on 47 with CRUST. 48 brought on problems with nearly all of them
Could we perhaps get a new stable image based on dev 47? Something we can keep around as a known good image?

I think working calls and SMS is merit enough to justify it.
I reinstalled the update. This time everything except incoming and outgoing calls is working and the resolution is still huge.

**EDIT

SMS, Wifi and data all cut out on deep sleep. i cant manage to get back to the stable release now either
(06-14-2020, 09:03 PM)LMalilil Wrote: I reinstalled the update. This time everything except incoming and outgoing calls is working and the resolution is still huge.

**EDIT

SMS, Wifi and data all cut out on deep sleep. i cant manage to get back to the stable release now either
stupid question: did you switch back to stable branch?
@LMalilil @afigegoznaet

You'll need to flash a stable image and start from there, as far as I'm aware there's no downgrade process.

You can get the latest stable build here and flash it with the latest version of Jumpdrive from here.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ubuntu Touch on Pine64 Rondarius 11 3,005 10-11-2023, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Rondarius
  Ubuntu Touch vs Standard Pinephone OS MarsColonist 8 5,435 06-26-2023, 07:50 AM
Last Post: gregb49
  Reinstall Ubuntu Touch on PinePhone with 10 drives? Peter Gamma 4 2,677 05-24-2022, 06:42 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  UB Touch build with debos layton-dev 0 2,178 04-23-2021, 08:12 AM
Last Post: layton-dev
  Whats the latest with UB touch? Cree 9 10,999 03-11-2021, 10:59 AM
Last Post: andybleaden@gmail.com
  UT move to Ubuntu 20.04 Concrete_panda 2 5,119 11-24-2020, 12:43 PM
Last Post: DrewTechs
  Horrible energy consume on Pinephone/UB-Touch firefox-58 9 11,322 10-15-2020, 12:28 PM
Last Post: plainenough
Star Updates stuck on stable channel. Cree 6 7,560 10-04-2020, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Giiba
  Pinephone 3G Bluetooth Working Pretty Well With Latest Mobian Updates rmcg 0 2,427 09-27-2020, 10:22 PM
Last Post: rmcg
  How to enable SSH on UBPorts Ubuntu Touch? eaglecup 12 19,576 09-15-2020, 03:42 PM
Last Post: voidmain