Digitizer is on when screen is off
(06-11-2020, 05:46 AM)a-wai Wrote:
(06-11-2020, 03:36 AM)dukla2000 Wrote: There may be an artefact with the screen waking up unexpectedly, I need to check but with the phone running on battery, screen off, after 10 or 15 minutes it is all lighting up sometimes. This may have been some kind of notification about low battery power as my battery was sinking below 20%.

This is probably be due to a notification yes, based on my testing this is the only case where the display wakes up "by itself".
I am also having an issue with the phone waking up and the screen staying on for extended periods without any external input. There does not appear to be any notifications that I can find. It wakes up for about one minute then shuts off.
PinePhone UBports CE and Mobian on SD, Mint Mobile, Pinebook Pro Manjaro
(08-17-2020, 04:05 PM)klick Wrote: I am also having an issue with the phone waking up and the screen staying on for extended periods without any external input. There does not appear to be any notifications that I can find. It wakes up for about one minute then shuts off.

I also still have this - seems to be after the OS has been booted for a while. Often times a reboot seems to settle things. Which means (my amateurish debugging) there is some process that can get started after some use that keeps waking the screen for whatever reason.
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
(08-19-2020, 03:11 AM)dukla2000 Wrote:
(08-17-2020, 04:05 PM)klick Wrote: I am also having an issue with the phone waking up and the screen staying on for extended periods without any external input. There does not appear to be any notifications that I can find. It wakes up for about one minute then shuts off.

I also still have this - seems to be after the OS has been booted for a while. Often times a reboot seems to settle things. Which means (my amateurish debugging) there is some process that can get started after some use that keeps waking the screen for whatever reason.
For me, the battery seems to drain faster on Mobian than UBports UT. I assume the screen wake contributes to this issue. Since you are using it as a daily driver, how do you manage this? Regular charging or using a spare battery?
(08-19-2020, 10:56 AM)klick Wrote: For me, the battery seems to drain faster on Mobian than UBports UT. I assume the screen wake contributes to this issue.
Absolutely - as long as the screen is waking CRUST does not engage and battery consumption is (IIRC) around 10%/hour with the screen off, and even worse for those times the screen is on.

(08-19-2020, 10:56 AM)klick Wrote: Since you are using it as a daily driver, how do you manage this? Regular charging or using a spare battery?
I make/receive very few calls/SMS/messaging, so my phone spends most of the day in CRUST suspend mode Smile . I do a little browsing and check emails once or twice a day - most nights I am on around 30% charge left before I plug in.
(Yup, before CRUST I had a USB cable plugged into nearly every computer I sat at - the bad old days!)
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
(08-19-2020, 02:38 PM)dukla2000 Wrote:
(08-19-2020, 10:56 AM)klick Wrote: For me, the battery seems to drain faster on Mobian than UBports UT. I assume the screen wake contributes to this issue.
Absolutely - as long as the screen is waking CRUST does not engage and battery consumption is (IIRC) around 10%/hour with the screen off, and even worse for those times the screen is on.

(08-19-2020, 10:56 AM)klick Wrote: Since you are using it as a daily driver, how do you manage this? Regular charging or using a spare battery?
I make/receive very few calls/SMS/messaging, so my phone spends most of the day in CRUST suspend mode Smile . I do a little browsing and check emails once or twice a day - most nights I am on around 30% charge left before I plug in.
(Yup, before CRUST I had a USB cable plugged into nearly every computer I sat at - the bad old days!)
As long as I do not touch the phone it does appear to sleep properly but once I toggle the screen or open it, then it starts waking quite frequently afterward. I am impressed with how far the whole Pine Phone project has progressed in a relatively short amount of time. Now I am just waiting on better camera functionality but more importantly, a better browser experience on Mobian. The Morph browser on UT works really well but sound quality is poor for watching videos and I cannot get Bluetooth or plug-in speakers to work on UT.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Screen auto-rotation sensitivity mdk 0 213 12-26-2023, 06:08 AM
Last Post: mdk
  Screen stay black unless power key pressed short freelectro 0 601 06-24-2023, 01:55 PM
Last Post: freelectro
  Unsuspend → Black screen mdk 15 4,778 06-22-2023, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Melechtna
  Lock screen question: always squeekboard tuxcall 1 1,152 02-02-2023, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Haibara23
  [solved] Black screen at boot time mdk 0 960 01-13-2023, 03:33 AM
Last Post: mdk
  how to split screen? andrew907 2 1,420 08-08-2022, 09:38 AM
Last Post: andrew907
  Proximity sensor is oversensitive (was "Screen blanks when making call") treebeard 5 2,647 08-02-2022, 03:16 PM
Last Post: treebeard
  on screen keyboard woes vusra 1 1,178 07-18-2022, 03:29 AM
Last Post: vusra
  Giving certain audio apps priority on the lock screen and pulldown 3x5co 0 808 07-17-2022, 10:34 AM
Last Post: 3x5co
  Won't boot, black screen mdk 4 2,582 07-03-2022, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Chief