GBA emulator
Hey,

Judging by current progress (not all merged by the time I write this) I think that by the end of the summer we'll have a fully functional Ubuntu Touch system.

At any rate, this will be my daily driver and there is one thing I'd like to see on UT - a GBA emulator. Someone keen to take this on and submit to the OpenStore?

[edit] As an enticement, there's a reward for the person who makes this happen.
[edit 2] Since you can use webapps in UT, I think that using this javascript emulator would work well,
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Hi Luke,

there is already a GBA emulator fot UT in the openstore but it isn't complied for arm64, so it won't work on pinehpone yet. I'll ping the dev s.t. he upload an arm64 version too!
Thanks! you're right. Please let me know when/ if he responds.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

QVBAM now has a Arm64 build that works on the pinephone from what i can tell. I haven't actually loaded a rom with it yet.
Maybe the most interesting option will be to have retroArch for Ubports.
QVBAM works on the pinephone but so far pokemon games won't load. Also, it hasn't been maintained lately and has less than ideal touch controls. You can try Gearboy although it's only for Gameboy Color but I implemented a few nice things on it recently and the touch control is good. I'm actually planning to implement same UI and features to QVBAM when I get the time. So what's the reward? A new Pinephone Convergence edition and a Pinetab ?