Manjaro ARM Sway Profile
Well.... here we go: initial build of upcoming Sway Edition 20.08-rc1 for Pinebook Pro and Pinebook images available from https://osdn.net/projects/manjaro-arm-sway/storage/

Please give it a try and let me know what you think.
Just uploaded a new image with the changes / fixes for the issues mentioned by users:
  • modifier key is Alt now as it's more broadly available

• battery status in waybar has been updated; the battery for the Pinebook Pro is pre-configured. If you have a Pinebook you will have to update the config (default in /etc/xdg/waybar/) by copying it to $HOME/.config/waybar and change the value of the "bat" in the battery section

• if you press the power key on the keyboard (either by purpose or accidentially) you will be prompted with a selection of choices (same as when pressing ALT+Shift+e)

Files are here for the moment https://osdn.net/projects/manjaro-arm-sway/storage/ and will be moved to the official storage location as soon as the official ManjaroARM 20.08 hits the road.
Just uploaded a new image with the following changes:
  • update README.md with appendixes for Pinebook users, installation of chromium with widevine
  • add custom script to `/usr/local/bin` to set up and launch a systemd-nspawn based container based on a Debian 10 Buster armhf variant with Chromium 78 and latest widevine / pepperflash (as an alternative to the chromium-docker build, which relies on the docker daemon running in the background)
  • add a `chromium-widevine.desktop` file to `/usr/share/applications` that allow launching the chromium_widevine systemd-nspawn container from the app launcher

As usual pre-release images for Pinebook Pro and Pinebook are available here: https://osdn.net/projects/manjaro-arm-sway/storage/.

Your feedback is very appreciated.

[Image: 159e4ca21b40992862d0f2d91c05f844070b703b.png]
Thanks appelgriebsch,

I'm posting this from 20.08-rc4 which I've just flashed to the eMMC of my PBP. I'm new to i3/sway and this looks like a great place to start. The inclusion of the widevine install script is a nice touch. Also, I like the bash config\theme you've got installed it reminds me of Oh My Zsh.

Cheers,
Ron
(07-17-2020, 02:56 PM)FreeRangeRon Wrote: Thanks appelgriebsch,

I'm posting this from 20.08-rc4 which I've just flashed to the eMMC of my PBP. I'm new to i3/sway and this looks like a great place to start. The inclusion of the widevine install script is a nice touch. Also, I like the bash config\theme you've got installed it reminds me of Oh My Zsh.

Cheers,
Ron

thanks for your feedback @FreeRangeRon . There should be a README.md file in your home directory listing the most important key combos. I haven’t found an alternative to conky for Wayland yet...

if you find something strange or missing I would be glad if you post it here or on the corresponding ManjaroARM forum (https://forum.manjaro.org/t/sway-profile/138700/51) so I can look into it. 

cheers,
Andreas
(07-18-2020, 01:36 AM)appelgriebsch Wrote:
(07-17-2020, 02:56 PM)FreeRangeRon Wrote: Thanks appelgriebsch,

Cheers,
Ron

thanks for your feedback @FreeRangeRon . There should be a README.md file in your home directory listing the most important key combos. I haven’t found an alternative to conky for Wayland yet...

if you find something strange or missing I would be glad if you post it here or on the corresponding ManjaroARM forum (https://forum.manjaro.org/t/sway-profile/138700/51) so I can look into it. 

cheers,
Andreas
Maybe you can just create a wallpaper with some minor instructions embedded in the image in the lower left corner for instance.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk
Just uploaded a new rc5 build of the Sway profile for Pinebook and Pinebook Pro. Might be the last rc build before the release of the 20.08.
Improvements:
  • add additional modes for taking screenshots (Alt+Shift+s), or do a screen recording (Alt+Shift+r)
  • each activated mode will display information in waybar on the possible key combos
  • small styling updates for Mako notifications, Wofi launcher
  • add a Window Selection list to Wofi via Alt+Ctrl+d
  • add a Sway help overlay - triggered either via Alt+?, or shown after first boot...
[Image: 973e2185c59f75fc75330f930e0d081b499adc3f_2_690x388.png]
Due to the issue with the waybar upgrade yesterday, which overwrites the default config and styling of the Sway profile I was reworking the theming section a bit. All of the customized files for the Sway profile incl. options and styles for the addons such as Mako, Wofi and Waybar have been moved to folders in /etc/sway. In the same way I was able to introduce initial theme support - starting with two themes out of the box: matcha-green and matcha-blue (for the details pls. check the /etc/sway/themes folder). The currently active theme is specified in /etc/sway/definitions.

Changing a theme just involves updating a single line:
Code:
# styles - matcha-green or matcha-blue
set $theme /etc/sway/themes/matcha-blue

followed by a log-off/ log-on.

New images are being created for pbpro, pinebook and rpi4 and should be on the OSDN later today (https://osdn.net/projects/manjaro-arm-sway/storage/).

[Image: 21e6f2488c1a56bf03b7b1623a1e5ee34cdca31d.png]

[Image: 9e7ec0d021d52e7f6f02e4f7eb9b133777f1d28d.png]
Is this upgradable from previous versions or a fresh reinstall is needed?
Thanks!
(07-30-2020, 09:42 AM)e-minguez Wrote: Is this upgradable from previous versions or a fresh reinstall is needed?
Thanks!

The Sway profile configuration is not updated via a separate package, but rather part of the image builds. This was aligned with the core team as usually people start tweaking and customizing their desktop look-n-feel and we don't want to interfere with that. So for that matter the easiest way is to use the new image.

If you feel adventurous though you can head over to the gitlab repo (https://gitlab.manjaro.org/manjaro-arm/a...m-profiles), checkout the master branch and copy over everything from overlays/sway/etc/sway/ and overlays/sway/usr/local/bin to your system.

Eventually there could be a script for this.... Idea

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Manjaro Sway Theme Broken Eighty8 1 278 03-08-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: tophneal
Question Manjaro with Full Disk Encryption and GRUB dumetrulo 1 1,746 02-02-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: frankkinney
  Manjaro network problem late 2023 acruhl 1 326 01-19-2024, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Help installing Manjaro on eMMC of Pinebook Pro pine4546464 4 2,131 12-13-2023, 07:22 PM
Last Post: trillobite
  Need Help Recovering Manjaro /boot Contents on Pinebook Pro calinb 6 2,200 12-11-2023, 03:47 AM
Last Post: calinb
  Manjaro 20.04 not loading from SD (with Manjaro on eMMC) zaius 1 402 12-07-2023, 03:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Manjaro ARM: enabling external monitors & fixing Broadcom WiFi after updating trifleneurotic 2 884 11-14-2023, 10:57 AM
Last Post: trifleneurotic
  Manjaro [ARM Stable Update] 2021-07-23 issues Bocanila 1 2,017 08-21-2023, 09:10 PM
Last Post: vanessadonald
  [Manjaro] u-boot won't boot from eMMC with (unbootable) SD card present zackw 1 1,964 08-21-2023, 09:08 PM
Last Post: vanessadonald
  Manjaro - HIbernate - brcmfmac clk issue pompeyPinePro 1 763 08-18-2023, 02:06 AM
Last Post: juliamenendez