Netflix, state of the art?
(05-02-2020, 04:08 PM)PakoSt Wrote: @whiskey  sounds like something went wrong during the container creation.
Could you uninstall the package and monitor the logs while its installing?

You could run the setup script for the container manually if you are up-to the task.

PS: Re-installing while the package is still on the system, doesn't trigger the container setup.

...and a follow up to my last reply. Chromium is not behaving with audio, it does not show up under Applications in the Audio System Settings Module when running and does not default to the audio output the rest of the system of outputting to. Right now I have no problem getting Firefox to output to my Bluetooth headphones, yet Chromium is only using the system speakers.
(05-02-2020, 06:54 PM)whiskey Wrote: Chromium is not behaving with audio

I noticed the same behaviour tonight when trying to change the volume... volume wouldn't change with the system volume... had to change it via the video player interface.
(05-03-2020, 06:17 AM)pfeerick Wrote:
(05-02-2020, 06:54 PM)whiskey Wrote: Chromium is not behaving with audio

I noticed the same behaviour tonight when trying to change the volume... volume wouldn't change with the system volume... had to change it via the video player interface.

Right, same behavior here. The only thing that effect Chromium's audio output is mute, other than that is the video player interface or nothing. These are the error messages in Chromium launch:

Quote:Enabling XHost Forwarding
non-network local connections being added to access control list
Searching for Docker image ...
Found and using 10a7ecc918be
/usr/bin/chromium-browser: line 133: lsb_release: command not found
/usr/bin/chromium-browser: line 134: lsb_release: command not found
[1:219:0503/135406.613215:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[1:219:0503/135406.658389:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[1:219:0503/135406.658510:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[226:1:0503/135407.636330:ERROR:child_process_sandbox_support_impl_linux.cc(81)] FontService unique font name matching request did not receive a response.
[226:1:0503/135407.637662:ERROR:child_process_sandbox_support_impl_linux.cc(81)] FontService unique font name matching request did not receive a response.
[1:219:0503/135443.991089:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
Great start but still booting to Chromium os for evening entertainment.
Thanks for this, it works great!

@whiskey
No need to boot ChromeOS because of the sound though. There is a way to set the volume in the alsamixer.

In terminal start alsamixer -> F6 -> Select Rockchip -> Scroll right with the arrow key to the fader that's labelled DAC and move the fader down with the arrow keys.
Also, the first- most left fader called headphones gives a welcome overall volume boost of the speakers. Wink

I have not found out why the alsa settings aren't saved though, I have to do this again after each reboot.

baby steps... Big Grin
Oh well I have got so many replies and everytime I visited an clicked on the notification it would drop me to the op of this thread. Anyways.
Now I see all your feedbacks.

Regarding the sound I face it only once and since then I didnt face it again.
Can someone explain to me what exactly they're doing so I can try to reproduce it.

Regarding alsa not saving the settings is a known issue with kernel dev, if you login with tty2 instead of tty1 in dm then you will see alsa as the one stored before but as soon as you login to dm the configs are overwritten by pulseaudio. No solution yet.

For those who are increasing the volume from alsamixer make sure you dont increase it to 100% on all bars or you will spoil your speakers or headphones.
Increase it gradually to something of your preference.

Afair I was able to make changes to volume from video player of netflix and i guess amazon too. I will try again on pbp tomorrow.
Volume does change woth kde volume control though didnt try xfce.

Thanks for all the feedbacks. I would like to hear some feedback on 1080p playback please it have worked very well for me but idk if its same for everyone else.
Manjaro ARM Team.
Devices: Pinebook Pro & PinePhone.
(05-03-2020, 06:48 PM)spikerguy Wrote: Regarding the sound I face it only once and since then I didnt face it again.
Can someone explain to me what exactly they're doing so I can try to reproduce it.

Play a video in Amazon Prime. Use either the volume hotkeys or the kde volume applet to alter the volume, to no avail. Looking in alsamixer (thanks for the tip @Eight Bit !) I see the pulseaudio default mixer moving, but nothing else. Perhaps it would be possible to link the pulseaudio master mixer to DAC?

Btw, how do I know if a video in Amazon Prime is 1080? Currently watching Season 1 of Goliath at the 'Best (about 1.17GB per hour)' setting without any issue... not sure it really is that high quality, seems more like that of a ~300MB file... i.e. maybe only 'Good 0.38GB per hour'...
(05-04-2020, 06:39 AM)pfeerick Wrote:
(05-03-2020, 06:48 PM)spikerguy Wrote: Regarding the sound I face it only once and since then I didnt face it again.

Play a video in Amazon Prime. Use either the volume hotkeys or the kde volume applet to alter the volume, to no avail. Looking in alsamixer (thanks for the tip @Eight Bit !) I see the pulseaudio default mixer moving, but nothing else. Perhaps it would be possible to link the pulseaudio master mixer to DAC?

Btw, how do I know if a video in Amazon Prime is 1080? Currently watching Season 1 of Goliath at the 'Best (about 1.17GB per hour)' setting without any issue... not sure it really is that high quality, seems more like that of a ~300MB file... i.e. maybe only 'Good 0.38GB per hour'...

I will try to reproduce this tonight.

Even I cannot figure out how to look for video resolution on Amazon why on Netflix we can use Ctlr + Shift + Alt + D see what resolution it is playing at.
Manjaro ARM Team.
(05-03-2020, 06:48 PM)spikerguy Wrote: Afair I was able to make changes to volume from video player of netflix and i guess amazon too. I will try again on pbp tomorrow.
Volume does change woth kde volume control though didnt try xfce.
Yeah, that works, it's just that audio doesn't go through the same bus as the system default one that's volume controlled with the Fn+F5 and F6 keys of the PbP.
I tried the system volume control on XFCE and yes it doesn't seem to affect the Chromium Volume, Only possible solution is to do it from the Video Player.
Manjaro ARM Team.
Though maybe obvious, I had to try ^ ^
The Alsamixer DAC audio output of Chromium-armhf doesn't route to a connected bluetooth headset either.
I can easily have Chromium play spotify through the speakers while listening to a youtube from firefox through a headset.
It's not a bug, it's a feature! Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Funny Conky like script to monitor your PBP state as400 1 3,193 08-19-2020, 12:57 PM
Last Post: xmixahlx
  Netflix on default Chromium/Debian MoonDog 8 9,909 01-28-2020, 04:58 AM
Last Post: simeon
  State of hibernate or hybrid-sleep? Arwen 5 7,249 11-21-2019, 07:51 AM
Last Post: tophneal