Netflix, state of the art?
(07-16-2020, 01:26 AM)@appelgriebsch I do like this idea, too. I tried it out, but get an error message concerning ChromeOs. Wrote:
Code:
Directory /var/lib/machines/chromium_widevine doesn't look like it has an OS tree. Refusing.
Do you know  how to solve this?

Code:
Löse Unterschiede auf: 100% (109/109), Fertig.
  -> Downloading ChromeOS image...
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed  Time    Time    Time  Current
                                Dload  Upload  Total  Spent    Left  Speed
100  976M  100  976M    0    0  1793k      0  0:09:17  0:09:17 --:--:-- 3314k
  -> Mounting local ChromeOS image...
  -> Setting up environment in systemd container chromium_widevine...
Directory /var/lib/machines/chromium_widevine doesn't look like it has an OS tree. Refusing.
  -> Cleaning up...
==> All done! You can use the launcher to start the Chromium Widevine application
[root@michihost Downloads]# machinectl start chromium_widevine
Invalid machine name chromium_widevine.
[root@michihost Downloads]# machinectl start chromium_widevine
Invalid machine name chromium_widevine.
[root@michihost Downloads]# ./launch_chromium_widevine.sh
non-network local connections being added to access control list
[root@michihost Downloads]#

appelgriebsch
(05-28-2020, 01:58 PM)kervel Wrote: Hello,

i think it should be possible to get rid of docker completely using debootstrap.
I got google chrome running as follows:

Code:
mkdir deb
debootstrap --arch=armhf buster deb
cp deb/lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3 /lib
sudo chroot deb /bin/bash
Now inside the chroot i edited /etc/apt/sources.list to enable non-free and contrib and then i was able to do apt update && apt install chromium.
Once this is done, one can launch chromium as follows:
Code:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$PWD/lib:$PWD/usr/lib/:$PWD/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/:\
$PWD/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/:$PWD/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/pulseaudio/ \
usr/lib/chromium/chromium

this is without docker or chroot or x forwarding ..

Hey,

I just did this based on a systemd-nspawn container following the guides here:
Works pretty well and doesn't need a docker daemon running in the background. My scripts for integration in Manjaro:
Like this idea much better than the docker image approach...
@mkdent looks like your debootstrap command wasn’t successful. The chromeos image part is just for copying over the widevine plugins. Before that it should have created a Debian armhf container via debootstrap...

this seems to fail or not being run at all

did you run the full script or just parts of it?

Related line in script: https://gitlab.manjaro.org/manjaro-arm/a...ine.sh#L67
Hi bappelgriebsch,

thank you for helping! I did run the full script.

So I did run debootstrap --include=systemd-container,debconf --components=main,universe --arch=armhf 'buster' 'chromium_widevine'
manually in /var/libs/machines which run successfully.

I then run ./install_chromium_widevine.sh but got a final Error message

-> Downloading ChromeOS image...
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
100 976M 100 976M 0 0 2972k 0 0:05:36 0:05:36 --:--:-- 3673k
-> Mounting local ChromeOS image...
E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.
E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.
cp: cannot overwrite non-directory '/usr/lib/chromium-browser' with directory '/tmp/chromium/img/opt/google/chrome/pepper'
cp: failed to access '/usr/lib/chromium-browser/netflix-1080p': Not a directory
cp: cannot create regular file '/etc/chromium-browser/default': No such file or directory
useradd: warning: the home directory already exists.
Not copying any file from skel directory into it.
Adding user chromium to group audio
-> Cleaning up...
==> All done! You can use the launcher to start the Chromium Widevine application

When i run launch_chromium_widevine.sh then

on-network local connections being added to access control list
Spawning container chromiumwidevine on /var/lib/machines/chromium_widevine.
Press ^] three times within 1s to kill container.
Failed to stat /run/user/0/bus: No such file or directory

Any idea how to solve this? Should I start from the beginning?
@appelgriebsch

Changing to non-root user this happpens:

[michael@michihost Downloads]$ ./launch_chromium_widevine.sh
execv(/usr/bin/chromium-browser) failed: No such file or directory
Container chromiumwidevine failed with error code 1.
Quote:I E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.

Looks like your bootstrapped Debian is broken. Hard to say why this happened, I did a couple of iterations with the script already, but never having such issue. That’s said some error handling in the script might still be missing.

Best choice for you is to start from scratch and remove the chromium_widevine folder.

When successful the script is executing the following successive steps:

1. debootstrap a plain Debian 10 armhf into the chromium_widevine folder
2. cloning a git repo with a compatible Chromium browser version to a local cache folder /var/cache/...
3. download the chromeos image from google for the widevine extension
4. run a setup script in the bootstrapped folder that
- will install required dependencies for running graphical applications
- will install the chromium-browser from the git repo
- copy additional files from the mounted chromeos image to the correct places for the chromium-browser
- create a chromium user account and add it to the audio group

All of this has to be run in these steps and have to complete successfully in order to use the launch script later.

I haven’t had any troubles so far with this procedure, but in doubt I would always clean up the mess and start again from the very beginning.

Good luck!
Wink 
@appelgriebsch

thank you so much. Meanwhile I could solve my problem, although I don't know the exact reason for it. I had to remove the systemd-nspawn container and then start the install script again Smile

Now it's running. I do have a little performance issues like youtube videos get quite often interrupted. Manjaro is running on SD card, by the way.

When launching chrome these are the messages. Is this as it should be?

[michael@michihost Downloads]$ ./launch_chromium_widevine.sh
/usr/bin/chromium-browser: line 133: lsb_release: command not found
/usr/bin/chromium-browser: line 134: lsb_release: command not found
Pepper Flash detected.
[4:31:0718/152951.865655:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory
libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to open rockchip (search paths /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/dri:\$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri)
libEGL warning: DRI2: could not open /dev/dri/card1 (Operation not permitted)
[41:41:0718/152953.924398:ERRORConfusedandbox_linux.cc(369)] InitializeSandbox() called with multiple threads in process gpu-process.
[4:271:0718/152954.106655:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory
[4:271:0718/152954.106798:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory
[4:271:0718/152954.106961:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory
[4:271:0718/152954.107056:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory
[4:271:0718/152954.107144:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory
(07-27-2020, 09:38 AM)TonGruter Wrote:
(04-30-2020, 04:58 PM)spikerguy Wrote: We have a stable Chromium-Armv7 application which can work quite smoothly on PBP and play netflix and Amazon as per my test. Some one can also try Spotify.

I have created a package called chromium-docker and uploaded in to unstable branch. It is a tiny pkg with a script which will fetch and install all the things needed for widevine, Chromium armv7 and dockers. 

Users can try it  from unstable branch, If you have existing dockers image then please remove it first using 
**This will remove all the docker images**
Command to remove existing/all docker images

Code:
sudo docker system prune -a --volumes

Command to install chromium-armv7 package

Code:
sudo pacman -U https://www.uex.dk/public/manjaro/arm-unstable/community/aarch64/chromium-docker-4.10.1610.6-1-aarch64.pkg.tar.xz

This package will take some time as it will download and install around 3Gig of data. Please try it on emmc as Sd-card will take long time for extraction of widevine.
After if is installed you will see Chromium-Armv7 in application launcher. 

Running it will get you chromium with HW Acc and Widevine.

Known issues:
  • Setting page will crash
  • Sometimes docker permission is not set.
For the permission to be set correctly where a user should be able to run docker without sudo, users will have to reboot once, If it doesn't help then pass the following command.

Code:
sudo groupadd docker

sudo usermod -aG docker $(whoami)

sudo reboot now

Can also watch in 1080p if you want, This will need to be added manually by the user. I have not enable it by default on purpose.
To enable Netflix-1080p Plugin inside Chromium

Navigate to Setting > More Settings > Extension > Enable Developer Mode > Load Unpacked > Browse /usr/lib/chromium-browser/netflix-1080p > Restart Chromium-Armv7

You can check the resolution on Netflix Video Player using Ctrl + Shift + Alt + D and Switch Resolution with Ctrl + Shift + Alt + S
You can set highest bitrate by default in option of netflix-1080p plugin also.

Thanks to @hthiemann  and @PakoSt for their effort.

Enjoy & Stay Safe.

Manjaro Arm Team.
Sad  Hi, it seems URL is not working anymore:

error: 'https://www.uex.dk/public/manjaro/arm-stable/community/aarch64/chromium-docker-4.10.1610.6-1-aarch64.pkg.tar.xz': failed to retrieve some files

Is there a typo somewhere? Or am I doing something else wrong? I am a newbie....

!!! Found the typo, there is a new version so 4.10.1610.6-1 must be 4.10.1619.6-2

Thanks,
Ton
Now everything is installed I still got the error that lsb_release command is not found although it is installed. What is going wrong here?
Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks,
Ton
(04-30-2020, 04:58 PM)spikerguy Wrote: We have a stable Chromium-Armv7 application which can work quite smoothly on PBP and play netflix and Amazon as per my test. Some one can also try Spotify.

I have created a package called chromium-docker and uploaded in to unstable branch. It is a tiny pkg with a script which will fetch and install all the things needed for widevine, Chromium armv7 and dockers. 

Users can try it  from unstable branch, If you have existing dockers image then please remove it first using 
**This will remove all the docker images**
Command to remove existing/all docker images

Code:
sudo docker system prune -a --volumes

Command to install chromium-armv7 package

Code:
sudo pacman -U https://www.uex.dk/public/manjaro/arm-unstable/community/aarch64/chromium-docker-4.10.1610.6-1-aarch64.pkg.tar.xz

This package will take some time as it will download and install around 3Gig of data. Please try it on emmc as Sd-card will take long time for extraction of widevine.
After if is installed you will see Chromium-Armv7 in application launcher. 

Running it will get you chromium with HW Acc and Widevine.

Known issues:
  • Setting page will crash
  • Sometimes docker permission is not set.
For the permission to be set correctly where a user should be able to run docker without sudo, users will have to reboot once, If it doesn't help then pass the following command.

Code:
sudo groupadd docker

sudo usermod -aG docker $(whoami)

sudo reboot now

Can also watch in 1080p if you want, This will need to be added manually by the user. I have not enable it by default on purpose.
To enable Netflix-1080p Plugin inside Chromium

Navigate to Setting > More Settings > Extension > Enable Developer Mode > Load Unpacked > Browse /usr/lib/chromium-browser/netflix-1080p > Restart Chromium-Armv7

You can check the resolution on Netflix Video Player using Ctrl + Shift + Alt + D and Switch Resolution with Ctrl + Shift + Alt + S
You can set highest bitrate by default in option of netflix-1080p plugin also.

Thanks to @hthiemann  and @PakoSt for their effort.

Enjoy & Stay Safe.

Manjaro Arm Team.
Hi,

I've done all of this but keep hitting an error while running the script: lsb_release: command not found

But this is actually installed:
Code:
LSB Version:    n/a
Distributor ID: Manjaro-ARM
Description:    Manjaro ARM Linux
Release:        20.07
Codename:      n/a

What is going wrong here? Can someone help me with this?

Thanks,
Ton
Hello,

Can you provide some logs so someone can look into it and know what might be causing the issue.

Please share the output of the logs when it is trying to install the package.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Manjaro ARM Team.
Devices: Pinebook Pro & PinePhone.
(07-30-2020, 12:03 PM)spikerguy Wrote: Hello,

Can you provide some logs so someone can look into it and know what might be causing the issue.

Please share the output of the logs when it is trying to install the package.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

@spikerguy , is what you need the output when trying to run chromium-docker? If so, see below:

Code:
Enabling XHost Forwarding
Searching for Docker image ...
Found and using d7150613eb67
/usr/bin/chromium-browser: line 133: lsb_release: command not found
/usr/bin/chromium-browser: line 134: lsb_release: command not found
[1:1:0809/202837.988206:ERROR:process_singleton_posix.cc(294)] The profile appears to be in use by another Chromium process (1) on another computer (1851c23db1a3). Chromium has locked the profile so that it doesn't get corrupted. If you are sure no other processes are using this profile, you can unlock the profile and relaunch Chromium.
../../sandbox/linux/seccomp-bpf-helpers/sigsys_handlers.cc:**CRASHING**:seccomp-bpf failure in syscall 0403
../../sandbox/linux/seccomp-bpf-helpers/sigsys_handlers.cc:**CRASHING**:seccomp-bpf failure in syscall 0403
[1:21:0809/202845.472653:FATAL:gpu_data_manager_impl_private.cc(986)] The display compositor is frequently crashing. Goodbye.

If there's something else needed, could you help me out with what commands or program I would need to run to get the output you're looking for? I'm a bit of a Linux noob, so I'm not even sure what providing logs entails, and I didn't have much success Googling the topic. I'd love to get this program running again, so I'd be happy to provide any output you might need. Please let me know what I can do to help. Thanks!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Funny Conky like script to monitor your PBP state as400 1 3,193 08-19-2020, 12:57 PM
Last Post: xmixahlx
  Netflix on default Chromium/Debian MoonDog 8 9,908 01-28-2020, 04:58 AM
Last Post: simeon
  State of hibernate or hybrid-sleep? Arwen 5 7,249 11-21-2019, 07:51 AM
Last Post: tophneal