ZOOM Use on PBP
What about using Windows Zoom under WINE?  I don't have a use for it but I assume there's near-total incompatibility between one meeting software package and another.  Which is a shame because it seems doable under HTML5.
(10-05-2020, 05:35 PM)poVoq Wrote:
Quote:I'm using in-browser zoom and getting audio but it crashes often, making it rather unusable. Also the webcam seems to have problems at night (not light sensitive enough?). Also the sound is very weak, probably solved elsewhere but haven't found a solution yet.

Same here on Manjaro. It works but crashes a lot.

I tried on EndeavourOS Arm with XFCE, which is very near Arch, and everything worked on Chromium (on Firefox, it didn't Sad ). The audio settings needed some tweaking, though, but I'm usually quite in the dark with pavucontrol and alsamixer settings, I have to tweak a lot until everything I want works.

Granted, 15/20 minute video (the time it tool, probably) with only two participants, but no crashes at all to record.
Zoom via the web browser/no download is working for me right this moment! There's a local community meeting that happens this way, and in the past I hadn't bothered to try the live zoom link, but I tried tonight and it works! There are 100+ people on, the speakers were mostly using video, though I did not want to contribute so I didn't test using my microphone or webcam. While it did "reconnect" a couple of times, it did not crash in more than two hours of streaming.

I'm using Manjaro Gnome Wayland and am running the 1/14 testing branch update. Zoom is working under Firefox.
(04-16-2020, 05:15 PM)jiyong Wrote: Sorry to hijack this thread a bit, but which video conferencing tools do work with the Pinebook Pro?
I have tried Jitsi, but without access to hardware video codec by the browser that's not usable.
I use Jitsi all the time from the PBP, in the browser without  any add-ins or special software for Jitsi. It works fine for me.
Lucko666

"Just say Angry to smilies.    
(01-21-2021, 12:53 PM)tim2@timshome.com Wrote:
(04-16-2020, 05:15 PM)jiyong Wrote: Sorry to hijack this thread a bit, but which video conferencing tools do work with the Pinebook Pro?
I have tried Jitsi, but without access to hardware video codec by the browser that's not usable.
I use Jitsi all the time from the PBP, in the browser without  any add-ins or special software for Jitsi. It works fine for me.

Things have improved for me too.
Sometimes the problem is with instances still running old versions of the Jitsi server.

Does your PBP run hot when using Jitsi in the browser?
>>>Does your PBP run hot when using Jitsi in the browser?

No, runs about normal. And I have been running videos in an external monitor and sharing them in meetings, without issues.
Lucko666

"Just say Angry to smilies.    

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  zoom /video application guyaire 1 3,176 07-06-2020, 06:31 PM
Last Post: jiyong