Quick Start Manual Translations - Please help
(04-10-2020, 08:44 AM)vinnie Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 08:32 AM)coire1 Wrote: I will take care of the Italian translation

If you want we can make this together

Yeah of course, I've already started with pages 2 and 3. Would you like to translate pages 4 and 5? We can send each other the partial translation to cross-check and standardize the choice of words.
(04-10-2020, 08:19 AM)Phreak Wrote: I'll be handling the Spanish translation

I was about to say to help you, but it seems quite short. If you want, I can review your translation or help you if you need it
(04-10-2020, 08:44 AM)vinnie Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 08:32 AM)coire1 Wrote: I will take care of the Italian translation

If you want we can make this together

me too.
For all the Italians, I have already done some translations in the past and I know omegat software well enough, it is very good to standardize the translation and I can explain how, I have Telegram and whatsapp if you want
@Luke Here's the first version of the French translation, it's bigger than the english guide but still manages to fit in the 5 pages, I can try to shrink the text if needed.
I have used my phone manual to have a translation that is as correct as possible (especially concerning legal stuff).

Here's a few notes and questions I've written during the translation that might help improving it:

Image texts are left untranslated because they can't directly be modified in the Word document.

Section 1:
  • Is the USB-C cable only a power cable or a data cable as well ?
Section 2.1:
  • I am not sure for the translation of "Operational variables and cautions", I'll be happy to have some help for this one
  • For temperatures, "*" as been kept instead of "°", like in the original document
Section 2.2:
  • I have translated "designated container" to "point de collecte" ("collection point") because it is more used in French.
    However, if the exact translation is needed, it is: "conteneur désigné".
  • "The batteries are to be returned to the sender": Are they to be returned to the sender only if the end user wants to return the batteries to PINE64?
Section 4:
  • "Software Releases" ("Software Release" in the original document) as not been translated because it is a section of the English Wiki.
Section 5:
  • "multi-color notification LED" has been translated to "RGB notification LED" because it is more spread in French, but the fact that the LED is actually RGB needs to be confirmed ?

Attached Files
.docx   USER MANUAL - QUICK START GUIDE 1.2 DRAFT - French.docx (Size: 269.59 KB / Downloads: 422)
I'm kind of allergic to these file locker sites. They won't work without enabling Javascript for them, which I don't want to do, they try to use said JS to show ads, track you, and do ghod knows what else, and then they still don't work and I have to dig the download link out of the page source.

Besides forum attachments, the wiki can be used for file hosting, with no JS or other mess required to view the files:

https://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/File:U..._DRAFT.pdf
@lukasz 
Here's the first version of the German translation (formatting is a bit broken since I haven't got Microsoft Word)

Apparently I either haven't got permissions to attach files or I'm too incompetent for finding the button.
Therefore I'm pasting a link to the discord-uploaded file  Rolleyes : https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/5...an_01.docx

Regarding to CE-Certification I read about a declaration of conformity (like "We, PINE64 [...] declare that...") which could be necessary. I doubt the regularity compliance section would be enough. But tbh I'm not familiar with that legal stuff. Maybe that's only valid in Germany, and maybe not even necessary. No clue...
(04-10-2020, 01:27 PM)DerMitDemRolfTanzt Wrote: @lukasz 
Here's the first version of the German translation (formatting is a bit broken since I haven't got Microsoft Word)

Apparently I either haven't got permissions to attach files or I'm too incompetent for finding the button.
Therefore I'm pasting a link to the discord-uploaded file  Rolleyes : https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/5...an_01.docx

Regarding to CE-Certification I read about a declaration of conformity (like "We, PINE64 [...] declare that...") which could be necessary. I doubt the regularity compliance section would be enough. But tbh I'm not familiar with that legal stuff. Maybe that's only valid in Germany, and maybe not even necessary. No clue...

CE markings and RED compliance is on the box, its fine. Thank you for the hard work!
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(04-10-2020, 01:27 PM)DerMitDemRolfTanzt Wrote: @lukasz 

@lukasz

@myxor just reviewed and corrected the German translation. Thx btw.

I like how everyone cooperates with each other in this community.

Version 3 of the German translation now in the attachments:

.docx   pinephone_manual_draft_german_03.docx (Size: 214.49 KB / Downloads: 386)

.pdf   pinephone_manual_draft_german_03.pdf (Size: 394.24 KB / Downloads: 1,015)
I translated the quick start guide to Greek, if anyone else knows the language please check it out to correct any errors @lukasz .

In the English document you probably mean "Safety Precautions" instead of "Safety cautions".
In 2.2 you write "The end user is legally obliged to return used batteries.", I guess this is only meant if the users are unable to dispose the batteries properly by themselves or unwilling to do so and in that case they should return it back to you to be properly disposed of and not that all users are legally obligated to return used batteries to PINE64.
You have section 3.2 two times.
In section with "Privacy switches", which should be 3.3, on number 4 it reads "Read Camera" instead of "Rear Camera".
In 3.3 it reads "For detailed instructions and to select and operating systems please please visit:" which probably should be "For detailed instructions and to select an operating system please visit:"

These are my remarks, which may or may not be right.

Since we can't upload files I will link it from Google Drive Greek Translation.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  updated now phone won't start techariah 3 2,510 10-17-2021, 11:41 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
  Megapixels wont start Barugon 3 2,499 07-01-2021, 07:15 PM
Last Post: nelstomlinson
  mmc_erase: group start error -110, status 0x0 gab 1 2,166 06-26-2021, 07:00 PM
Last Post: 8bit
  Can't start Manjaro from eMMC Gon 2 2,952 05-22-2021, 09:10 AM
Last Post: kqlnut
  Best Browser And Way To Start OS snow season 5 7,669 10-18-2020, 12:28 AM
Last Post: bcnaz
Big Grin My PinePhone won't start. I am giving it away if you want to try and fix mswaleh 2 4,629 03-25-2020, 01:31 PM
Last Post: dustfinger