Quick Start Manual Translations - Please help
@Luke Here's the first version of the French translation, it's bigger than the english guide but still manages to fit in the 5 pages, I can try to shrink the text if needed.
I have used my phone manual to have a translation that is as correct as possible (especially concerning legal stuff).

Here's a few notes and questions I've written during the translation that might help improving it:

Image texts are left untranslated because they can't directly be modified in the Word document.

Section 1:
  • Is the USB-C cable only a power cable or a data cable as well ?
Section 2.1:
  • I am not sure for the translation of "Operational variables and cautions", I'll be happy to have some help for this one
  • For temperatures, "*" as been kept instead of "°", like in the original document
Section 2.2:
  • I have translated "designated container" to "point de collecte" ("collection point") because it is more used in French.
    However, if the exact translation is needed, it is: "conteneur désigné".
  • "The batteries are to be returned to the sender": Are they to be returned to the sender only if the end user wants to return the batteries to PINE64?
Section 4:
  • "Software Releases" ("Software Release" in the original document) as not been translated because it is a section of the English Wiki.
Section 5:
  • "multi-color notification LED" has been translated to "RGB notification LED" because it is more spread in French, but the fact that the LED is actually RGB needs to be confirmed ?

Attached Files
.docx   USER MANUAL - QUICK START GUIDE 1.2 DRAFT - French.docx (Size: 269.59 KB / Downloads: 428)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Quick Start Manual Translations - Please help - by Kuruyia - 04-10-2020, 10:02 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  updated now phone won't start techariah 3 2,584 10-17-2021, 11:41 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
  Megapixels wont start Barugon 3 2,585 07-01-2021, 07:15 PM
Last Post: nelstomlinson
  mmc_erase: group start error -110, status 0x0 gab 1 2,230 06-26-2021, 07:00 PM
Last Post: 8bit
  Can't start Manjaro from eMMC Gon 2 3,016 05-22-2021, 09:10 AM
Last Post: kqlnut
  Best Browser And Way To Start OS snow season 5 7,807 10-18-2020, 12:28 AM
Last Post: bcnaz
Big Grin My PinePhone won't start. I am giving it away if you want to try and fix mswaleh 2 4,708 03-25-2020, 01:31 PM
Last Post: dustfinger