Quick Start Manual Translations - Please help
Heart 
Hello everyone,

In the link below you'll find the final draft of the PinePhone Quick Start Manual. This is a manual we are required to include with future PinePhone shipments for regulatory purposes. 

We welcome any language translations, from all corners of the globe, but we are particularly interested in big (population-wise) European languages, such as: French, German and Spanish.

Before doing anything read this first:
  • If you're up to the task then I kindly ask you to clearly state (in this thread) that you are going to do a translation and state which language you'll translate to
  • If someone already said they'll be translating to the language you speak in, perhaps reach out and help them out - split the workload.
  • Some languages are more expressive than others, but keep the text  as short as possible while still maintaining semantic coherence
  • Be very cautious with section 2.2 - the translation needs to be as close to the original English text as possible
  • Please post finished translations here in this thread and @ me so I don't miss it
  • If you spot some mistake in the English version linked below do let me know - I'll fix it.
Huge, HUGE thanks for help in advance!!!!

LINK:
https://wiki.pine64.org/images/c/c8/USER..._DRAFT.pdf

[edit] per request a .docx file can be found in the attachment
[edit 2] .odt file https://send.firefox.com/download/9d836f...7QVrjvHHyw

Attached Files
.docx   USER MANUAL - QUICK START GUIDE 1.2 DRAFT.docx (Size: 211.72 KB / Downloads: 1,117)
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(04-10-2020, 08:07 AM)Luke Wrote: Hello everyone,

In the link below you'll find the final draft of the PinePhone Quick Start Manual. This is a manual we are required to include with future PinePhone shipments for regulatory purposes. 

We welcome any language translations, from all corners of the globe, but we are particularly interested in big (population-wise) European languages, such as: French, German and Spanish.

Before doing anything read this first:
  • If you're up to the task then I kindly ask you to clearly state (in this thread) that you are going to do a translation and state which language you'll translate to
  • If someone already said they'll be translating to the language you speak in, perhaps reach out and help them out - split the workload.
  • Some languages are more expressive than others, but keep the text  as short as possible while still maintaining semantic coherence
  • Be very cautious with section 2.2 - the translation needs to be as close to the original English text as possible
  • Please post finished translations here in this thread and @ me so I don't miss it
  • If you spot some mistake in the English version linked below do let me know - I'll fix it.
Huge, HUGE thanks for help in advance!!!!

LINK:
https://www.docdroid.net/nlQfCVE/user-ma...-draft-pdf

I will handle the arabic translations, can you send a docx version of the guide ?
Added the .docx in the OP attachment
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

I'll be handling the Spanish translation
I can do the Finnish translation
I'd be happy to handle the French translation
I will take care of the Italian translation
I'll do the Dutch translation
(04-10-2020, 08:32 AM)coire1 Wrote: I will take care of the Italian translation

If you want we can make this together
I'm gonna do the German translation.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  updated now phone won't start techariah 3 2,510 10-17-2021, 11:41 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
  Megapixels wont start Barugon 3 2,499 07-01-2021, 07:15 PM
Last Post: nelstomlinson
  mmc_erase: group start error -110, status 0x0 gab 1 2,166 06-26-2021, 07:00 PM
Last Post: 8bit
  Can't start Manjaro from eMMC Gon 2 2,952 05-22-2021, 09:10 AM
Last Post: kqlnut
  Best Browser And Way To Start OS snow season 5 7,669 10-18-2020, 12:28 AM
Last Post: bcnaz
Big Grin My PinePhone won't start. I am giving it away if you want to try and fix mswaleh 2 4,629 03-25-2020, 01:31 PM
Last Post: dustfinger