Some keyboard shortcuts won't work on Manjaro KDE
This is kind of a weird issue. I installed Manjaro KDE to the EMMC. I tried some hotkeys common to other distros and they did not work:
  • Super+Left arrow
  • Super+Right arrow
  • CTRL+ALT+T
I initially thought these might not be default and so I did some searching. I eventually found where the shortcut settings were and confirmed they were actually set in the Global keyboards shortcuts already. But for some reason, they don't work.

To be clear, what happens when say for example I press Super+Right arrow it brings up the menu. It was like it was not detecting I pressed the arrow key.  Doing CTRL+ALT+T just does not do anything. Good thing though that Super+E works and launches Dolphin just fine. CTRL+Esc shows me System Activities. I only tried those keys because they are for things I usually do. I did not test any other shortcuts.

Someone out there may have a fix they have tried and I would really appreciate suggestions.

I have the ISO (UK) keyboard and the keyboard settings say the keyboard model is Generic 105-key PC (Intl.), if that makes any difference.
(04-02-2020, 10:40 PM)Daysleeper_Ed Wrote: This is kind of a weird issue. I installed Manjaro KDE to the EMMC. I tried some hotkeys common to other distros and they did not work:
  • Super+Left arrow
  • Super+Right arrow
  • CTRL+ALT+T
I initially thought these might not be default and so I did some searching. I eventually found where the shortcut settings were and confirmed they were actually set in the Global keyboards shortcuts already. But for some reason, they don't work.

To be clear, what happens when say for example I press Super+Right arrow it brings up the menu. It was like it was not detecting I pressed the arrow key.  Doing CTRL+ALT+T just does not do anything. Good thing though that Super+E works and launches Dolphin just fine. CTRL+Esc shows me System Activities. I only tried those keys because they are for things I usually do. I did not test any other shortcuts.

Someone out there may have a fix they have tried and I would really appreciate suggestions.

I have the ISO (UK) keyboard and the keyboard settings say the keyboard model is Generic 105-key PC (Intl.), if that makes any difference.

I have the same  keyboard and keyboard settings as you and the same issue.  To get  CTL ALT T to work,  I had to add a global shortcut for Konsole,  and and assign it to CNTL ALT T.  (the system indicated I was reusing the definition from KDE daemon,  but as you noted that didn't work.   I haven't had a chance to play with this much, yet.
Update: I tried 2 USB keyboards. Super+Left arrow and Super+Right arrow worked on both. Big Grin CTRL+ALT+T still does not. So it seems to be some things are mismatched on the way the settings are and how the internal keyboard works. The USB keyboards are both US (Eng) hardware-wise. Kindly post a reply if you have had this issue and what you've tried.
Similar issue. I go into Global Shortcuts, add an application, add custom shortcut, apply but it does not work.
(04-02-2020, 10:40 PM)Daysleeper_Ed Wrote: This is kind of a weird issue. I installed Manjaro KDE to the EMMC. I tried some hotkeys common to other distros and they did not work:
  • Super+Left arrow
  • Super+Right arrow
  • CTRL+ALT+T

It is a weird issue. I would press Super and then Left arrow or Right arrow and ended up with the same result as you did. Then I first pressed the arrow key, kept it pressed, and then pressed Super key - that worked! It shouldn't be that way, but it's a working interim solution (I'm sure eventually somebody on Manjaro team will eventually make it work as originally intended).
The super/pine + arrow shortcuts not working are a problem with the keyboard firmware. That's why a USB keyboard worked.

There's a revised firmware (https://github.com/jackhumbert/pinebook-...rd-updater) that fixes it, and does other things. There's posts about that firmware on this forum. It's aimed at other features, this shortcut working seems to be a side effect, so read about the features and see if you want it or not.
(07-02-2020, 11:25 AM)Damon Wrote: The super/pine + arrow shortcuts not working are a problem with the keyboard firmware. That's why a USB keyboard worked.

There's a revised firmware (https://github.com/jackhumbert/pinebook-...rd-updater) that fixes it, and does other things. There's posts about that firmware on this forum. It's aimed at other features, this shortcut working seems to be a side effect, so read about the features and see if you want it or not.

That added part of keyboard/touchpad firmware update (after steps 1 and 2) did indeed fix it - thank you!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Manjaro Sway Theme Broken Eighty8 1 171 03-08-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: tophneal
Question Manjaro with Full Disk Encryption and GRUB dumetrulo 1 1,609 02-02-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: frankkinney
  Manjaro network problem late 2023 acruhl 1 219 01-19-2024, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Help installing Manjaro on eMMC of Pinebook Pro pine4546464 4 1,921 12-13-2023, 07:22 PM
Last Post: trillobite
  Need Help Recovering Manjaro /boot Contents on Pinebook Pro calinb 6 1,981 12-11-2023, 03:47 AM
Last Post: calinb
  Manjaro 20.04 not loading from SD (with Manjaro on eMMC) zaius 1 295 12-07-2023, 03:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Manjaro ARM: enabling external monitors & fixing Broadcom WiFi after updating trifleneurotic 2 748 11-14-2023, 10:57 AM
Last Post: trifleneurotic
  Manjaro [ARM Stable Update] 2021-07-23 issues Bocanila 1 1,915 08-21-2023, 09:10 PM
Last Post: vanessadonald
  [Manjaro] u-boot won't boot from eMMC with (unbootable) SD card present zackw 1 1,853 08-21-2023, 09:08 PM
Last Post: vanessadonald
  Manjaro - HIbernate - brcmfmac clk issue pompeyPinePro 1 709 08-18-2023, 02:06 AM
Last Post: juliamenendez