Messed up, PBP does not start after write_spi_flash
You're outside my expertise now. Some thoughts, in case they're helpful:

The instructions say you can `rkdeveloptool ld` to confirm your pinebook pro is connected and in maskrom mode. Did you ever get that to work?

In my experience flashing phones, low-level firmware writes are often very flaky. It's not unusual to have to try the whole dance several times to get it to work. Try connecting usb before or after pressing the reset button, varying the rhythm of the steps, that sort of thing.

The instructions say to remove all bootable devices. Did you take out the sdcard, and the eMMC module?

I don't understand what you mean by "the boot volume" being "automatically mounted". Do you mean the Pinebook Pro presented a USB mass storage device? What filesystem type? (e.g reported by typing `mount | grep media`) how big was it? (`df -h`) Some boards do allow firmware update this way, but most present a custom usb device, which is what I expected from rkdeveloptool needing libusb installed.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Messed up, PBP does not start after write_spi_flash - by rillian - 04-05-2020, 12:23 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My installation guide starting from messed up eMMC Besouro 0 868 12-19-2022, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Besouro
  Hibernate Manjaro -> NetworkManager doesn't start anymore Gerhard 8 7,503 01-11-2020, 09:42 PM
Last Post: tophneal
  Oops! I messed up the graphics drivers diodelass 1 3,065 11-10-2019, 02:49 PM
Last Post: diodelass
  Where to start? dazld 2 3,657 08-16-2019, 09:07 PM
Last Post: hmuller