UBports Community Edition
If you are a fan of UBports and UT then I redirect you to their blog post

[Image: dwJbgyv.png]
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

My order is in, can't wait.... Got a tracking number yet.... Is it in the mailbox.... WHERES MY PHONE!!!!

In all seriousness though, I look forward to the newest iteration of the PinePhone.

This is very exciting News !

As for out of the gate UT was my favorite Distro,
         Though as a public offering, I am sort of confused
 at this choice,  UT is based on the almost expired Ubuntu 16.04 ...

I had read most of the older Posts last year at their website forum,  they decided the shortest step to
a working Pinephone distro was to build on the 16.04 image.
  But, then next they want to begin working on the 20.04 distro after that.

That jump will probably require a re-install rather than an up-grade as there are such major differences
        in the succeeding distributions.

I am not complaining, I know they have been working hard, and putting out new releases every single day.
    ( Just Commenting )

And ... I am Mostly  Really Glad to see more Pinephones being available.!

Any speculation on the next OS to get that honor,  ,,,, as the "Shipping OS"   ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Quote:  Any speculation on the next OS to get that honor,  ,,,, as the "Shipping OS"   ?

Not yet, talking to many other projects Smile Obviously we eventually want every project to get a chance to get a community batch ...

That's great news!

Will the UBports Community Edition have CE/FCC certification with all necessary documents and CE marking on the device for customs?

Just asking because German customs are quite strict in this regard and I'd hate to have my next order sent back again Wink

Just my personal preference: I really like the idea of the "Community Editions", but I would have prefered not to have the logo of  the project on the phone.
@Luke

According to the Wiki:

Quote:People looking for a stable consumer-grade phone should wait for the final release, which is expected to occur in March 2020 and will be available for at least five years.

So, is UBPorts Edition the final release?
PBP ISO / Debian Bullseye (unofficial installer)
(04-04-2020, 06:21 AM)Kareema Wrote: I would have preferred not to have the logo of the project on the phone.

Same here. I'm lucky I already have the Braveheart because I'd wait for the next batch simply because I can't stand their logo. Putting tape over it wouldn't satisfy me; I'd know that annoying face was still underneath.

Suggest you make it a sticker we can opt not to install. And please don't put that annoying logo on the logic board.
(04-04-2020, 06:45 AM)wasgurd Wrote: @Luke

According to the Wiki:

Quote:People looking for a stable consumer-grade phone should wait for the final release, which is expected to occur in March 2020 and will be available for at least five years.

So, is UBPorts Edition the final release?

That quote is from way before the HK riots and the COVID-19 outbreak and should be corrected.

(04-04-2020, 06:21 AM)Kareema Wrote: That's great news!

Will the UBports Community Edition have CE/FCC certification with all necessary documents and CE marking on the device for customs?

Just asking because German customs are quite strict in this regard and I'd hate to have my next order sent back again Wink

Just my personal preference: I really like the idea of the "Community Editions", but I would have prefered not to have the logo of  the project on the phone.

We now what the CE/FCC certificate yes. We'll still need to generate the documentation.

(04-04-2020, 09:52 AM)Luke Wrote: That quote is from way before the HK riots and the COVID-19 outbreak and should be corrected.

Hence, when the final version will be expected? I just would like to know should I order UBPorts or wait for the final.
PBP ISO / Debian Bullseye (unofficial installer)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New community website! Luke 3 2,099 10-19-2023, 02:10 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  PinePhone community poll results Luke 2 3,692 02-01-2022, 04:03 PM
  PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition is now available Luke 1 3,189 01-12-2022, 11:52 AM
  PinePhone BETA Edition pre-orders start March 24 Luke 2 6,005 04-23-2021, 09:25 PM
Last Post: ryo
  PinePhone KDE Community Edition shipping update thread. Luke 135 174,664 04-11-2021, 01:47 PM
Last Post: Luke
Video February Community Update Video Synopsis Luke 0 2,888 02-19-2021, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Luke
  Manjaro Community Edition Shipping thread Luke 122 145,700 01-28-2021, 07:30 PM
Last Post: Muad
  December Community News Discussion Luke 2 7,458 01-19-2021, 04:48 PM
  Manjaro PinePhone Community Edition Luke 17 32,017 11-02-2020, 01:32 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
  July Community Update discussion Luke 49 67,785 08-04-2020, 02:31 AM
Last Post: agD0i7rY