Out of Ideas
Not sure if I should post here or in general,  I bought the braveheart edition understanding full well the implications of what it meant,  I have been trying for almost 2 months to see if it was a software stack issue but alas I think I just got a phone which has a design flaw and am curious if anyone else has had the issue or knows a solution.  I can boot various distros installed on sd or emmc I've rebuilt software from scratch(with an arch linux on arm build I'm currently running)  I haven't messed with u-boot too much as I don't know it very well and don't want to brick the device(not sure if that's possible anyway).  But my screen's graphics no matter what system, even from day 1 with the testing system on it, just keep stuttering up and down, the touch screen works, but it really makes this device more or less a pineboard since I could never use that as a daily phone.  So is this a common issue that other users have come across and know how to fix?  I see they just added you can order parts(when they are in stock)so would anyone know which part needs replacing?  Is it something I can fix myself?  Or is the phone just bunked and I have to buy another when the next generation is released?  Also if it is a software issue with configuration I am up for trying anything cause I want it to work but I'm starting to accept this might be a lemon.  Any help or confirmation of my conclusion would be appreciated.
Try Debian/Phosh from an SD card, best Distro I have used yet.
OH, when starting, hold the power button for a full 4 seconds, that has made a huge difference for me.
It will start with a quick touch, but does seem to perform better when I hold the button until the count of 4 seconds.

That could possibly be true with other distro's as well...
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
"screen's graphics... just keep stuttering up and down" doesn't sound normal. Can you post a video, in case we're misinterpreting description? There have been a few other people posting about display problems, but not with consistent symptoms. Perhaps a badly seated display connector? Raising a support ticket seems to have been more reliable than email contact to get support.
(03-27-2020, 12:04 PM)jdavidson89@gmail.com Wrote: Not sure if I should post here or in general,  I bought the braveheart edition understanding full well the implications of what it meant,  I have been trying for almost 2 months to see if it was a software stack issue but alas I think I just got a phone which has a design flaw and am curious if anyone else has had the issue or knows a solution.  I can boot various distros installed on sd or emmc I've rebuilt software from scratch(with an arch linux on arm build I'm currently running)  I haven't messed with u-boot too much as I don't know it very well and don't want to brick the device(not sure if that's possible anyway).  But my screen's graphics no matter what system, even from day 1 with the testing system on it, just keep stuttering up and down, the touch screen works, but it really makes this device more or less a pineboard since I could never use that as a daily phone.  So is this a common issue that other users have come across and know how to fix?  I see they just added you can order parts(when they are in stock)so would anyone know which part needs replacing?  Is it something I can fix myself?  Or is the phone just bunked and I have to buy another when the next generation is released?  Also if it is a software issue with configuration I am up for trying anything cause I want it to work but I'm starting to accept this might be a lemon.  Any help or confirmation of my conclusion would be appreciated.

Jittering sounds very much like a loose connection. Have you tried taking the phone apart and re-seat the ffc for the screen, hope your issue gets resolved.