power button
So, this is the first laptop I've had with the power button amid the main buttons, and it's driving me crazy because I accidentally hit it quite often.

So... what apps/daemons are people using to control/configure what the power button does?  I know Mate in the default install comes with something that handles it, but when I uninstalled Mate, that functionality went away.  Now when I accidentally hit the power button, the computer immediately powers off.

Is there a desktop-environment-independent system for this?  Debian docs refer to ACPI for this, but it appears there isn't ACPI on ARM.
(03-24-2020, 11:36 AM)bsammon Wrote: So, this is the first laptop I've had with the power button amid the main buttons, and it's driving me crazy because I accidentally hit it quite often.

So... what apps/daemons are people using to control/configure what the power button does?  I know Mate in the default install comes with something that handles it, but when I uninstalled Mate, that functionality went away.  Now when I accidentally hit the power button, the computer immediately powers off.

Is there a desktop-environment-independent system for this?  Debian docs refer to ACPI for this, but it appears there isn't ACPI on ARM.
There does seem to be an /etc/acpi directory (I'm on a Manjaro build, so on a mainline kernel),  but also you can check /etc/systemd/logind.conf.  where you have the ability to specify  what HandlePowerKey does.  By default, there,  is sends a poweroff command.   If you have a desktop,  it (XFCE4 in my case)  will handle power control through its power manager,  but it seems you are looking to run without a desktop?
i set the power button to ignore as described above in logind.conf, then use wlogout with sway for selection with mod+shift+e.
(03-24-2020, 11:19 PM)xmixahlx Wrote: then use wlogout with sway for selection with mod+shift+e.

I have no idea what this is, or even whether it is something I would be interested in.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Loud distorted speaker sound when connecting to power supply myself600 2 1,121 09-21-2022, 12:11 PM
Last Post: myself600
  red/green power led not working with kernel 5.14 alchemist 4 3,671 11-04-2021, 04:09 AM
Last Post: alchemist
  Power LED flashing red/green... appelgriebsch 3 4,991 09-05-2021, 07:59 PM
Last Post: dealie
  Disable the Power Button or make it do something else User 22018 6 6,361 08-20-2021, 06:36 PM
Last Post: xmixahlx
  Pinebook Pro Manjaro Power Savinng Tips HelpMyBatteryIsDraining 1 2,387 06-15-2021, 08:42 AM
Last Post: moonwalkers
  Power leech when powered off? jazzmans 0 1,544 01-17-2020, 08:55 PM
Last Post: jazzmans
  No POWER after installing Manjaro on microsd cocozozo 1 2,427 12-14-2019, 02:21 AM
Last Post: cocozozo