unresponsive trackpad after firmware update
I'm running updated manjaro with KDE. disable touchpad while typing is clearly not working, despite any software settings I use, so I decided to try the firmware update again. I use the pinebook-pro-firmware-updater in the AUR and it appears as if both steps complete successfully, but my trackpad is completely unresponsive after step 2. could someone please help me problem solve this issue?
(03-23-2020, 07:19 PM)mamboman777 Wrote: I'm running updated manjaro with KDE. disable touchpad while typing is clearly not working, despite any software settings I use, so I decided to try the firmware update again. I use the pinebook-pro-firmware-updater in the AUR and it appears as if both steps complete successfully, but my trackpad is completely unresponsive after step 2. could someone please help me problem solve this issue?

Well....I let it charge and booted up this morning and the touchpad works, however, disable touchpad while typing does not work.  I have tried changing it in the touchpad settings menu of KDE.  Glad to have a working touchpad, but would love to know how to disable while typing.  Thanks.
Are you using the libinput driver? If so see my comment here on why libinput doesn't respect the disable while typing option on the touchpad and how to fix it. My eventual goal is to patch the firmware so the udev override isn't necessary.
(03-24-2020, 08:18 PM)akirakyle Wrote: Are you using the libinput driver? If so see my comment here on why libinput doesn't respect the disable while typing option on the touchpad and how to fix it. My eventual goal is to patch the firmware so the udev override isn't necessary.

Thank you for your reply.   Smile I read your comment.  I added the suggested code to (/etc/udev/hwdb.d/99-local.hwdb) using sudo nano.  That file was not in exsistance before I used sudo nano to create it.  Is that correct?  The issue was not resolved by doing this.  How can check what driver I'm using?  I am using the libinput driver.

I went back and looked over it again...I had a mistake in what I typed. Putting the suggested code in /etc/udev/hwdb.d/99-local.hwdb did fix the issue! Thank you so much!!!! So much better!
(03-24-2020, 08:18 PM)akirakyle Wrote: Are you using the libinput driver? If so see my comment here on why libinput doesn't respect the disable while typing option on the touchpad and how to fix it. My eventual goal is to patch the firmware so the udev override isn't necessary.

How to check what driver is currently in use? If im using default Debian with out changes could I assume it's using the libinput? Thanks for your how to, looking forward to giving it a go.

If I'm on the default Debian with no mods can I assume that I'm using libinput? I'm going to check out the how to and give it a shot. Thank you.
Brick 
I recently implemented a firmware fix for the touchpad size and hence the disable while typing on libinput. The fix was merged into jackhumbert's keyboard updater fork so if you flash that with the flash-kb command the evdev hwdb entry isn't necessary.

I believe the default debian install is using libinput but you can make sure by checking the xorg log.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brand new Pinebook Pro doesn't boot after Manjaro update johnboiles 8 1,999 12-15-2023, 02:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  After update, multiple problems, pinebook pro. jd50i 1 969 09-16-2023, 09:41 AM
Last Post: jd50i
  Metis package can't update Mangustis 1 983 02-22-2023, 03:23 PM
Last Post: robocone
  Suggestion / Warning about closed source wifi and keyboard / touch pad firmware omarcomputing 3 1,832 10-08-2022, 06:22 PM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Keyboard/Touchpad update SH61F83 IC zaphod80013 4 3,143 09-14-2022, 03:56 AM
Last Post: Carl
Big Grin EASY SOLUTION for Manjaro "Missing Keys" Update and Install Failure Zoroaster-Z 0 1,366 08-14-2022, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Zoroaster-Z
  Ring around screen following update tylerjohnson3208 2 2,008 05-10-2022, 01:52 AM
Last Post: diyagabriel
  Wont charge when powered off, and update question pineymousepad 7 5,724 12-11-2021, 09:50 PM
Last Post: pineymousepad
  Issues with External Display After Recent Update reundo 0 1,337 11-18-2021, 06:37 PM
Last Post: reundo
Bug Wrong FN keys after keyboard FW update j4n3z 2 2,507 10-19-2021, 01:57 AM
Last Post: j4n3z