How to reinsert battery cable?
I knocked the battery's ribbon cable out of my PineTime, and I haven't been able to reinsert it.

The white connector has metal clips on the outside, so I'm guessing I'm supposed to press the clips in. I thought maybe the top of the white connector would then flip up, but that doesn't seem to be the case. There's a black plastic plug at the back of the white connector, so I'm guessing that is supposed to slide out, and that did work.

So, is this the process?...

1. Press the metal clips on the outside of the white connector
2. Slide the black plastic block out of the back of the white connector
3. Insert the ribbon cable into the front of the white connector
4. Press the metal clips again, and slide the black plastic block back in.

That's what I tried to do, but in the process I damaged the white connector so badly that neither the ribbon cable nor the black plastic block will fit into it.  The white plastic is surprisingly brittle, so my tweezers broke various pieces off it. 

Fortunately I have a 2nd PineTime, but I'm wondering how this connector is supposed to work in case I need to use it again.

Thanks,

Dan.
The connector is for the heart rate sensor which is stuck to the battery. The black part is hinged towards the middle of the connector. Use something like a toothpick to lift the middle of the long edge at the side of the connector and it will flip up easily. This releases the ribbon which can now be inserted or removed. When you're done, just hinge the black bit down again to lock it. The required forces are very low.
(03-24-2020, 10:50 AM)wibble Wrote: The connector is for the heart rate sensor which is stuck to the battery. The black part is hinged towards the middle of the connector. Use something like a toothpick to lift the middle of the long edge at the side of the connector and it will flip up easily. This releases the ribbon which can now be inserted or removed. When you're done, just hinge the black bit down again to lock it. The required forces are very low.

Ah, thanks!  It hadn't occurred to me that the ribbon connector had nothing to do with the battery.  Fortunately, everything still works on the Pinetime after I damaged that connector (except the heart rate sensor, of course).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Poor battery life. Fix? Replacement? mr_rockford 1 1,093 12-23-2023, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Luno