Upper USB slot not working on FreeBSD
I have FreeBSD-CURRENT installed onto SD card for the Pine64-lts. I boots fine so I installed X and Open-Motif, and they work fine as well. The only problem I have at the moment is the upper USB slot is not working for things like dongles for wireless keyboard/ mouse, or WiFi adapter, or flash drive. It works fine for all of those things under Armbian, so I know it's not a board issue. Is there a way to configure "something" to get it to recognize the flash drives and stuff?

Thanks,
Patrick
(03-20-2020, 05:01 PM)Pbowen Wrote: I have FreeBSD-CURRENT installed onto SD card for the Pine64-lts. I boots fine so I installed X and Open-Motif, and they work fine as well. The only problem I have at the moment is the upper USB slot is not working for things like dongles for wireless keyboard/ mouse, or WiFi adapter, or flash drive. It works fine for all of those things under Armbian, so I know it's not a board issue. Is there a way to configure "something" to get it to recognize the flash drives and stuff?

Thanks,
Patrick

The upper USB port is dual roles, looks like FreeBSD build has not configured the upper port as USB master.
I expect that you are right. Is that something that can be re-configured in u-boot or somewhere, or is it something that I need to talk to FreeBSD about? Sorry for all the questions...I'm pretty new to the ARM part of the world.

Patrick
(03-21-2020, 06:35 PM)Pbowen Wrote: I expect that you are right. Is that something that can be re-configured in u-boot or somewhere, or is it something that I need to talk to FreeBSD about? Sorry for all the questions...I'm pretty new to the ARM part of the world.

Patrick

yes, you need to check with FreeBSD developers when they can port over the driver.
OK, I thought that might be the case, but I wanted to cover all the bases. Marking this as solved for right now.

Thanks,
Patrick

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FreeBSD for Clusterboard (V1.1) [*WIP] paradise 10 17,189 12-19-2018, 01:34 PM
Last Post: mko_io