Mobile Data/SMS/MMS
Hey, anyone have mobile data up and running on there PP with SFOS???  Normally, there is an icon to toggle on/off just like the WLAN setting.  Any tips would be appreciated!

Thx
Wink 
(03-17-2020, 02:19 PM)canadien666 Wrote: Hey, anyone have mobile data up and running on there PP with SFOS???  Normally, there is an icon to toggle on/off just like the WLAN setting.  Any tips would be appreciated!

Thx

Hey,

As far as I know only 2 guys are working currently on the SFOS image. Good news is that Pine64 and Jolla made contact and 2 phones will be (or already) shipped to them. This means that soon more resource will be added, so SFOS will have a better chance to become something great in the PinePhone too. Wink
A shame that it's not getting so much love. Because for me it's by far the most usable image. I only have to get calls working and it can be my daily driver. (I can make and receive calls I just can't hear anything)
(04-07-2020, 09:26 AM)Boern Wrote: A shame that it's not getting so much love. Because for me it's by far the most usable image. I only have to get calls working and it can be my daily driver. (I can make and receive calls I just can't hear anything)

Guess what, IT DOES WORK! Big Grin

I have just flashed and calling in worked, calling out did not for some reason, SMS works fine. I couldn't test the mobile data as I accidentally switched on power reserve mode and it killed it, so don't do that. But otherwise it works fine with wifi. Will do some tests, now I am cleaning the SD card to re-flash. Happy times! Smile
(04-07-2020, 09:36 AM)cefre00 Wrote: Guess what, IT DOES WORK! Big Grin

And you could hear each other (or yourself)? Your flashing doesn't seem to be so far ahead of my own. I wonder if it's a change I can get through updates or whether I will have to reflash.

Meh, just reflashed because apparently disabling developer mode deletes absolutely everything on the device. And I still can't hear anything when calling. :-(
(04-07-2020, 03:45 PM)Boern Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 09:36 AM)cefre00 Wrote: Guess what, IT DOES WORK! Big Grin

And you could hear each other (or yourself)? Your flashing doesn't seem to be so far ahead of my own. I wonder if it's a change I can get through updates or whether I will have to reflash.

Meh, just reflashed because apparently disabling developer mode deletes absolutely everything on the device. And I still can't hear anything when calling. :-(

As far as I know the OTA updates are not working yet, and looking at the flashing script the image is dated to April 1st.

Working:
- 4G and mobile data
- Calling out, did not test the voice call, just the call initiation
- SMS is working (send and receiving)
- Notifications with LED (!!!)
- Wifi works --> could download apps from the Jolla store and via the Storeman app
- UI is smooth and working
- Could add accounts (eg Google fully, so including calendar and people. Outlook.com only as a general email account, no exchange activesync as an option for new accounts)
- Sounds are working, but it seems there is no option to reduce the system sounds just the ringing

Not working:
- Call incoming: the phone did not ring
- Browser
- Battery reserve mode made my image crash --> had to re-flash
- Battery % indicator: it showed 76% then suddenly the battery died and when I tried to restart the phone it tells me battery is at 0%. Battery life was 3-4 hours.

Great progress, so cool to see many things working compared to the February status. Smile Great times ahead! Wink
The battery indicator doesn't seem to update at the moment, only when you plug in a cable. You can check the real battery level by running

Code:
cat /sys/class/power_supply/axp20x-battery/capacity /sys/class/power_supply/axp20x-battery/status

And I could finally hear something on the speaker on receiving a phone call by unmuting "DAC Mixer AIF2 DAC" (and slightly lowering DAC volume to about 24) and enabling capture of "AIF2 ADC Mixer ADC" with alsamixer.

And mobile data worked by setting the network mode to 3G.

That's good enough for me at the moment.
My sim card is not showing up on SF settings, while it works ok with UT installed. I tried toggling flight mode but no luck. Any suggestions?
(05-29-2020, 07:22 AM)defactofactotum Wrote: My sim card is not showing up on SF settings, while it works ok with UT installed. I tried toggling flight mode but no luck. Any suggestions?

As far as I know GSM is not yet working in this image but will work. The guys are working on that...
(06-04-2020, 04:10 PM)cefre00 Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 07:22 AM)defactofactotum Wrote: My sim card is not showing up on SF settings, while it works ok with UT installed. I tried toggling flight mode but no luck. Any suggestions?

As far as I know GSM is not yet working in this image but will work. The guys are working on that...
No SIM detected as of current image.
Also chances are that if flight mode is actuated (on or off) the phone will freeze after a short time.