Default Manjaro KDE build download link for Pinebook Pro?
Excited to hear that Manjaro KDE will be the default OS on new PBPs. 
I got my PBP in January with Debian though. Which is the official link for the new default Manjaro build? I'd like to install it on my MMC.

I'm tempted to try the link in the wiki, but the page still mentions Debian as default.
https://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Pinebo...MC_Boot.5D
Hi, it seems the latest are here https://osdn.net/projects/manjaro-arm/st...de-plasma/ currently under the 20.02.1 folder.

I have just tested the Manjaro-ARM-kde-plasma-pbpro-20.02.1.img.xz image. Flashed it to mu SD card with the Pine64 Installer flash utility. But booting from the SD card did not work until I switched OFF the internal eMMC storage (by way of the little switch under the hood)... Once eMMC was off, my Pinebook Pro booted Manjaro. I went trhough the installation process (creating account) and rebooted. Found the system to respond very sluggish to mouse movement and clicks. Maybe it's because it was running form SD card? Then I tried updating software but the system froze.

Installing to the internal eMMC was not possible because that device needed to be switched off to be able to boot into Manjaro at all Sad

Going to try the Manjaro-ARM-kde-plasma-pbpro-20.02.1-emmc-installer-20.02.1.img.xz image next to see if that will boot with the internal eMMC switched on so I can install it to the faster internal drive...
the emmc-installer image is to be used if you want to install Manjaro to eMMC. Burn it to mSD, boot from it, and (after 10-20sec of blackscreen) just press ESC/Enter and follow the installer wizard.
Got it, thank you!
(03-16-2020, 07:43 AM)vrabac Wrote: the emmc-installer image is to be used if you want to install Manjaro to eMMC. Burn it to mSD, boot from it, and (after 10-20sec of blackscreen) just press ESC/Enter and follow the installer wizard.

Hi @vrabac 
> the emmc-installer image is to be used -- check
> Burn it to mSD -- check
> boot from it -- uhm... how? is there some way to force the Pinebook Pro to boot from SD while the internal eMMC is NOT switched off? Otherwise, how can I install to it?  Dodgy  
I have had default uboot and here it boots from mSD without doing anything, just pluged in. On eMMC was that Default Debian installed.
(03-16-2020, 07:43 AM)vrabac Wrote: the emmc-installer image is to be used if you want to install Manjaro to eMMC. Burn it to mSD, boot from it, and (after 10-20sec of blackscreen) just press ESC/Enter and follow the installer wizard.

Is that how all emmc installer images work for the pb64? During the boot of sdcard am I pressing and holding both ESC and Enter till the installer kicks in? I have it currently running on sd and was going to download the image again to dd it to emmc. I'm new to this and was searching for a proven method.
Check what Manjaro devs write about it.
I also received my Pinebook Pro in January with debian installed. Using another computer I used Balena etcher to flash Manjaro to a microSD card and booted my Pinebook Pro from that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTyBI2PO4I0 is a link to a video on youtube by LearnLinuxTV where Jay wals you through the process of flashing the eMMC drive from the microSD using the dd command in the terminal. In the video Jay re-installs the debian OS so at that step I substituted the Manjaro image.
Jay mentioned that a couple of steps take some time and he wasn't joking (about five minutes each).
Anyway I followed the video and have Manjaro KDE as my default OS. My only complaint was very low volume, which was fixed by typing alsamixer into the terminal pressing F6 and choosing the "es" sound card, then using the direction keys to turn both speakers just into the white areas then exiting.
Enjoy

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debian on Pinebook Pro u974615 8 444 03-22-2024, 03:57 PM
Last Post: u974615
  Manjaro Sway Theme Broken Eighty8 1 168 03-08-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: tophneal
  Pinebook Pro upgrading from the factory image yamsoup 12 1,118 02-22-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: tllim
Question Manjaro with Full Disk Encryption and GRUB dumetrulo 1 1,607 02-02-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: frankkinney
  Manjaro network problem late 2023 acruhl 1 215 01-19-2024, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Help installing Manjaro on eMMC of Pinebook Pro pine4546464 4 1,917 12-13-2023, 07:22 PM
Last Post: trillobite
  Need Help Recovering Manjaro /boot Contents on Pinebook Pro calinb 6 1,979 12-11-2023, 03:47 AM
Last Post: calinb
  Gentoo on Pinebook Pro RELEASE jannik2099 54 86,635 12-08-2023, 11:25 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Manjaro 20.04 not loading from SD (with Manjaro on eMMC) zaius 1 292 12-07-2023, 03:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Boot Order in Pinebook Pro food 8 993 11-23-2023, 07:37 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX