I GIVE UP
I got the board when it first came out as a kickstarter. Never ONCE did I get it to work. Did I get help from the community? NOPE! Everyone who replied to my posts told me it was my power cord, the HDMI cord, or I didn't have a TRUE SD Card. Instead of helping me, you all drive me away to the point where I didn't bother with the board. I tried it and it still doesn't work. Did I get a lemon? I don't know. The people who made the board took my money and ran. After years of trying to get this board to work, I have TRULY given up and will be taking a hammer to it later. I might even record that. This was a complete waste of money and time that I will never get back. I won't be buying these boards ever again.
(03-07-2020, 04:06 PM)SammiLeighTully Wrote: I got the board when it first came out as a kickstarter. Never ONCE did I get it to work. Did I get help from the community? NOPE! Everyone who replied to my posts told me it was my power cord, the HDMI cord, or I didn't have a TRUE SD Card. Instead of helping me, you all drive me away to the point where I didn't bother with the board. I tried it and it still doesn't work. Did I get a lemon? I don't know. The people who made the board took my money and ran. After years of trying to get this board to work, I have TRULY given up and will be taking a hammer to it later. I might even record that. This was a complete waste of money and time that I will never get back. I won't be buying these boards ever again.

How much money did you spend on this board ? Smile  30 $  40 $ or 50 $ ? Even if it would be 100 $  its still nothing practically. Why do you want to share your own failure with others publicly ? And I don't really get the point of your post, what did you expect from the board in the first place ?

Remember not to accuse others for your own failures and never give up Wink
(03-07-2020, 04:06 PM)SammiLeighTully Wrote: I have TRULY given up and will be taking a hammer to it later. I might even record that.

Don't forget to give us the link! Big Grin

Seriously though, if you have checked through things like:
  • power connection (using a decent microSD cable, or even direct connection to the GPIO pins)
  • different HDMI monitors/TVs or cables, or a serial console cable / serial terminal connection
  • different brand microSDs and verified they are being written properly (i.e. Samsung EVO / Etcher)
and it still didn't work, you probably have a faulty unit. If it was identified as being one, you should have been able to get a refund or replacement for it. However, your only forum thread from a little over a year ago suggests that it did initially work, and then when you revisited it you weren't able to get it working again, so perhaps there's something more to the story than what I'm seeing? I'm guessing since you mention replies to your posts you tried to get help on the IRC channel also?
I had a similar experience with a Banana Pi M2. You'd think given what they get paid in China they'd at least have some sympathy for the US$70 I wasted, but no... Never bought another product from them again.

Now I'm not so brave hearted with my money. I don't need another high tech paperweight. I already have plenty of those. Business is business, not a community.

P.S. 9 out of 10 of my MicroUSB cables were "bad" (couldn't handle 2 AMPs) though. Tossed them in the garbage too.