PureOS on Pinephone
(06-16-2020, 05:28 PM)clover Wrote: LED SMS alerts are available in our latest Image! its suggested you reflash. but if you don't want to i can tell you how to get them.

Do tell us, please. :-)
(06-17-2020, 05:00 AM)Boern Wrote: Do tell us, please. :-)

append this to the bottom of /etc/apt/preferences.d/00-pinephone-priority

Package: chatty
Pin: release o=repo.ironrobin.net
Pin-Priority: 700

then apt update. it *should* tell you chatty needs an upgrade. then apt upgrade.
hope this works for you!

EDIT: if that doesnt work, try
apt --reinstall install -t pureos-pp chatty

EDIT2: if all else fails you can always try installing it manually
grab the deb from http://repo.ironrobin.net/pool/main/c/chatty/
sudo dpkg -i chatty_0.1.11pure-pp1_arm64.deb

again, probably way easier to just reflash hehe
(06-15-2020, 09:05 AM)nas Wrote: Just noticed with the recent image that windows picks up the pinephone as a 'multifunction composite gadget' .

is that a good thing? o.o

thanks for trying it out!
(06-17-2020, 10:31 AM)clover Wrote:
(06-15-2020, 09:05 AM)nas Wrote: Just noticed with the recent image that windows picks up the pinephone as a 'multifunction composite gadget' .

is that a good thing? o.o

It didn't show up as anything before so probably a good thing!  Smile
Finally getting around to downloading this one. Excited to try it out on my Braveheart with all the progress that seems to have been made with it recently! Great job with all the new updates, guys! Excited to have a play with it when I get it downloaded and flashed.
(06-19-2020, 01:52 PM)falkensmaze Wrote: Finally getting around to downloading this one. Excited to try it out on my Braveheart with all the progress that seems to have been made with it recently! Great job with all the new updates, guys! Excited to have a play with it when I get it downloaded and flashed.
Thanks, for now since there are two device trees between the two hardware versions, i made two images, so make sure you get your latest image from https://pureos.ironrobin.net/droppy/#/Im...Braveheart, and those with the new phone get them from https://pureos.ironrobin.net/droppy/#/Im...ty-Edition to get all of the features we offer.
every time I flash a new image it's getting better and better. calls seem to work quite well now...no speakerphone though. sms is good. wifi is good. 4g connection is untable at best...I couldn't get the APN to really work...I couldn't get mobile data, in short. It works sporadically with UT, so I know it's possible.  still no gps or camera. couldn't ping anything through wwan0...socket error? I ssh'ed into the phone and poked around a bit, and my MVNO has me behind CGN on a /29 in the class A private address range and I'm wondering if their trickiness is affecting PureOS and the mobile data connection? It looks like I have a globally-routable IPv6 address though...

anyways, good work...so far this is my favorite OS for my pinephone. I wish I knew how to code so that I could help out.
(06-21-2020, 10:12 PM)arturo2bodegas Wrote: couldn't ping anything through wwan0...socket error? I ssh'ed into the phone and poked around a bit, and my MVNO has me behind CGN on a /29 in the class A private address range and I'm wondering if their trickiness is affecting PureOS and the mobile data connection?
hmm, i dont know what any of this means. let me know if you can find a more stable configuration. mobile data is fickle, yeah. you have to set up the APN, and sometimes it gets turned off randomly. reboots help, i think! and once it gets going it seems more stable but otherwise i agree with you.

(06-21-2020, 10:12 PM)arturo2bodegas Wrote: anyways, good work...so far this is my favorite OS for my pinephone. I wish I knew how to code so that I could help out.

thats great feedback! thanks Smile our git is available to the public and posting issues on our issue trackers is a great way to contribute if you aren't comfortable with coding.
After entering the passcode there was no mobile data connection.
Today I switched off "automatic suspend" and it seems to work now.
Can anyone confirm?

Tested the last 3 days, data connection still works fine without suspend.
provider 1&1 (D2)
(06-23-2020, 09:59 AM)Juergen Wrote: After entering the passcode there was no mobile data connection.
Today I switched off "automatic suspend" and it seems to work now.
Can anyone confirm?

Hmm. did you set up your apn? mobile data will never work unless apn is set up correctly (this is different depending on your telecomm company).

its already known that data is not the most consistent feature on pureos. now, its possible that suspend is breaking mobile data... i will have to look into it some more.

thanks!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slarm64 on PinePhone [Unofficial Slackware ARM - 64 bit] acid andy 33 24,398 04-09-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: donchurch
Wink PINEPHONE not booting Touchwood 2 403 02-23-2024, 07:27 AM
Last Post: Touchwood
  Slack on PinePhone Adam Seline 5 5,328 12-20-2023, 07:20 AM
Last Post: nickolas
  Struggle to install LibreOffice on the PinePhone Peter Gamma 48 24,031 11-24-2023, 07:02 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  Which word processor to choose for the Pinephone? Peter Gamma 8 1,923 11-23-2023, 01:06 AM
  openSUSE for Pinephone Alefnode 75 101,188 11-17-2023, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Uturn
  Using Signal on PinePhone in mid-2023? dante404 45 12,852 11-17-2023, 04:23 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Genode- Sculpt OS for the PinePhone (non Linux) Surehand53 1 947 11-04-2023, 07:23 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Abiword as a office mobile word processor for the Pinephone? Peter Gamma 11 2,122 10-24-2023, 08:57 AM
  What File Manager Options Are There For The Pinephone? pinephoneuser22 7 2,338 10-18-2023, 08:37 AM
Last Post: luppivega