PureOS on Pinephone
March 26th image:

Very snappy. Firefox however, or "Purebrowser", crashes when launched. I also tried gnome-sound-recorder but when i went to play a recorded message it crashed. Both these issues do not occur on Debian+Phosh.

I like the setup wizard on first boot.
*.*.* PinePhone BraveHeart edition w/ distro: Debian + Phosh // GuixOS, Debian, Arch // pocket linux enthusiast // washed up sysadmin *.*.*
Snappy indeed! Thank you mozzwald!
EDIT: And thanks dukla2000 for posting this on the forum Smile
"- is there already a tool for overclocking it desperately?" 
Don't go to

settings>details>about> and hit the 'check for updates' button

unless you have an external keyboard attached. After the required restart, it goes to a terminal screen and wants login credentials, but there's no touchscreen keyboard.
By the way,
New PureOS Image available with the new 5.6 kernel.
something I've noticed is plugging in quickly updates the battery charging icon from 2 minutes to roughly 5 seconds

https://droppy.ironrobin.net/#/Images/PureOS/2020-04-13
New PureOS Release includes:
- Mozzwald's awesome wallpaper (Pine64 logo on a blue circuitboard)
- New pureos-pp apt repository
- KittehPlayer as the default video and audio player. (with apt support)

Here is a demo of KittehPlayer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvXq7rGeJlc

Link to new release:
http://pureos.ironrobin.net/droppy/#/Images/2020-05-09
It's noticebly faster than debian+phosh for some reason and wifi is stable down to the last sliver of battery.

Here's a short video using wf-recorder - the screen recording app drops a lot of frames but still shows how spritely everything runs.
Encountered a kernel header issue - found a couple of broken symlinks in /lib/modules/5.6.0/

Code:
source: broken symbolic link to /home/pmos/build/src/linux-ed8620f53f4691ca23e90f2a9f11aeb12e1c846e

build: broken symbolic link to /home/pmos/build/src/linux-ed8620f53f4691ca23e90f2a9f11aeb12e1c846e

Also, the auto-dim doesn't seem to turn off and the back case stays hot - maybe it's running full throttle all the time?

Edit: A reboot cured the dimming issue and the back is now warm rather than hot.
(05-10-2020, 10:35 AM)nas Wrote: Encountered a kernel header issue - found a couple of broken symlinks in /lib/modules/5.6.0/

Also, the auto-dim doesn't seem to turn off and the back case stays hot - maybe it's running full throttle all the time?

Edit:  A reboot cured the dimming issue and the back is now warm rather than hot.

Thanks so much for your feedback!

Also worth noting: Firefox-esr does work (just download from apt repo) and the only thing I changed was the Exec line in the /usr/share/applications/firefox-esr.desktop:

Code:
Exec=env GDK_BACKEND=wayland /usr/lib/firefox-esr/firefox-esr %u --no-remote

Also I downloaded a firefox user-agent switcher plugin to get mobile views on most websites.
(05-10-2020, 03:13 PM)clover Wrote: Also worth noting: Firefox-esr does work (just download from apt repo) and the only thing I changed was the Exec line in the /usr/share/applications/firefox-esr.desktop:

Also I downloaded a firefox user-agent switcher plugin to get mobile views on most websites.

No luck configuring an agent switcher (window overflows) but firefox-est is usable at lower zoom levels.

Does kittehplayer have any extra features over mpv?

(05-10-2020, 07:59 PM)nas Wrote: No luck configuring an agent switcher (window overflows) but firefox-est is usable at lower zoom levels.
Does kittehplayer have any extra features over mpv?

sorry to hear about the window overflowing, try going into landscape to search for plugins. the agent switcher written by alexander schlarb (near the top) works great. really easy to quickly switch agents too if needed.

kittehplayer is build off of mpvlib and handles everything mpv and ffmpeg does. it is just built specifically for the pinephone, and with a better UI.

https://github.com/purringChaos/KittehPlayer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinePhone app development WhiteHexagon 15 3,842 2 hours ago
Last Post: Jonnyc
  Slarm64 on PinePhone [Unofficial Slackware ARM - 64 bit] acid andy 37 24,746 Yesterday, 12:12 PM
Last Post: donchurch
Wink PINEPHONE not booting Touchwood 2 426 02-23-2024, 07:27 AM
Last Post: Touchwood
  Slack on PinePhone Adam Seline 5 5,372 12-20-2023, 07:20 AM
Last Post: nickolas
  Struggle to install LibreOffice on the PinePhone Peter Gamma 48 24,255 11-24-2023, 07:02 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  Which word processor to choose for the Pinephone? Peter Gamma 8 1,976 11-23-2023, 01:06 AM
  openSUSE for Pinephone Alefnode 75 101,653 11-17-2023, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Uturn
  Using Signal on PinePhone in mid-2023? dante404 45 13,038 11-17-2023, 04:23 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Genode- Sculpt OS for the PinePhone (non Linux) Surehand53 1 968 11-04-2023, 07:23 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Abiword as a office mobile word processor for the Pinephone? Peter Gamma 11 2,164 10-24-2023, 08:57 AM