Encryption
Hi

Does any of the systems available for the Pinephone allow for full disk encryption on the SD card?
PostmarketOS supports full disk encryption on the pinephone, you just need to pass the flag --fde when running pmbootstrap install command, i.e "pmbootstrap install --sdcard=/path/to/sdcard --fde"
(03-02-2020, 07:33 PM)kuro Wrote: PostmarketOS supports full disk encryption on the pinephone, you just need to pass the flag --fde when running pmbootstrap install command, i.e "pmbootstrap install --sdcard=/path/to/sdcard --fde"

Awesome, thank you.
Does that encrypt the phone calls ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
disk encryption is not the same as call encryption.
(03-23-2020, 04:59 AM)xmixahlx Wrote: disk encryption is not the same as call encryption.

Well actually I kind of surmised that,  BUT, . . .  I was hoping to get a better idea of what 'encrypted calls' actually are.

*   Every time I make (or receive) a call on my Debian/Phosh OS Brave Heart it pops up saying this 'call is not encrypted'...  ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(03-23-2020, 05:32 PM)bcnaz Wrote:
(03-23-2020, 04:59 AM)xmixahlx Wrote: disk encryption is not the same as call encryption.

Well actually I kind of surmised that,  BUT, . . .  I was hoping to get a better idea of what 'encrypted calls' actually are.

*   Every time I make (or receive) a call on my Debian/Phosh OS Brave Heart it pops up saying this 'call is not encrypted'...  ?

I guess the "encrypted calls" would be sip calls over SSL if sip dialing gets added
Thank You !
So Not Likely on an open consumer version ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just reflashed to latest mobian, it never asked for disk encryption? JuniperFury 3 2,139 10-18-2021, 10:24 AM
Last Post: JuniperFury
  Disable Encryption AppDeveloper 4 5,364 09-17-2020, 10:52 AM
Last Post: LinAdmin2